Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 11 12 13 14

#301 10/30/2016 at 01:48

Shadow Guard
SweetStar
Just Arrived
SweetStar

Am i the only one that does not have access to the Haunted forest and some other of the map areas?

#302 10/30/2016 at 02:02

Obsidian Guard
Kimi
Rookie
Kimi

SweetStar wrote

Am i the only one that does not have access to the Haunted forest and some other of the map areas?

I believe you have to be on level 6 to unlock all areas of the map

#303 10/30/2016 at 02:05

Shadow Guard
SweetStar
Just Arrived
SweetStar

I see, thank you very much for the reply and info! :3

#304 10/30/2016 at 02:43

Shadow Guard
MelancholyLush
Rookie
MelancholyLush

DiamondDust wrote

I'm still getting stuff in purple and blue mostly with some pink and yellow thrown in...maybe there is a preference set depending on what you own...maybe those people who got random colours to start haven't customused their elda enough for the preference to activate?? or maybe we're all just trying to put a reason on why we're getting stuff and it really is random lool

I dunno. I tested it after my last post. I removed all articles of my clothing and left only my black bikini and shoulder pad on (Shadow), because I was hoping to get something black or purple. The next colors of clothing I got were pink, green, and gold. @_@ I think it really depends on what the elda is currently wearing...but if you're close to naked you're gonna get random  /static/img/forum/smilies/lol.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/lol.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/lol.png

https://usagif.com/wp-content/uploads/gifs/dragon-43.gif

#305 10/30/2016 at 13:47

Shadow Guard
Azriel
Unicorn Sidekick
Azriel

I still think the items color is a predetermined thing because I switched into my green outfit and I still ended up finding a bright pink adventurer coat. Maybe you have to wear the clothing for a set amount of time before it changes the color?

#306 10/31/2016 at 14:19

Young Recruit
ukrworld

Well, my little Spadel has been very busy for the last two days and outdid herself. I did miss another Spadel and a Chead, but I am well on the way of collecting my Skeleton Witch outfit. Too bad the event is almost over, but it was fun and I will miss it.

Have a super scary Halloween, everyone!

Family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will always love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what.

#307 10/31/2016 at 15:35

Shadow Guard
Memily
Fatal Error
Memily

I'm going to miss this event so much! I love that I have a new companion, even if it's not the one I originally wanted, but I had fun and sold/bought lots of things on Market. I just wish little Beej was better at finding things. He has a much higher luck bonus but he gets lazy by not bring much or things I want, and he absolutely refuses to bring me anything from the Haunted Forrest.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/86bfaa13359970eb6d241f3c9930ff60/tumblr_p7cht6FNJk1wn1uiao1_500.gif

#308 10/31/2016 at 15:40

Shadow Guard
Reishya
Just Arrived
Reishya

To everyone asking about the colours of the event outfits:

It DOES NOT matter whatsoever what colours you prefer or what you are wearing. It is pure luck, chance, or whatever you want to call it. I have an account in five different languages, so I'm pretty sure my observations are correct.

Anything your companion gets you is pure luck, the rarer the companion is, the better chance you have at getting something , but what that something is, is again, pure luck. If you somehow start getting items that are kind of in the same spectrum of colours, that is just a coincidence (even if you get a lot of green, I'm pretty sure you still get other colours too. Your brain just chooses to ignore that, because it's used to finding patterns all around you).

Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't think there is any secret mechanic here. The outfits that I got never matched consistently what I was wearing (on this account for example, I got at first blue items, then I got a lot of yellow items and red items while I was wearing a blue outfit, but I would also get an ocasional random colour)

Update: Also, keep in mind that what you call "yellow" might not actually be the same thing. There are 4 or 5 different shades of yellow, so you might not even actually get the same colour. You're actually getting different things: light yellow, orange-ish yellow, dark yellow, a lighter shade of orange, darker white, but you just choose to group them all as "yellow", cause they look kinda similar and can go together in an outfit.

Last edited by Reishya (10/31/2016 at 15:54)

#309 10/31/2016 at 22:35

Absynthe Guard
Adventurous
Just Arrived
Adventurous

Reishya wrote

It DOES NOT matter whatsoever what colours you prefer or what you are wearing. It is pure luck, chance, or whatever you want to call it. I have an account in five different languages, so I'm pretty sure my observations are correct.

Anything your companion gets you is pure luck, the rarer the companion is, the better chance you have at getting something , but what that something is, is again, pure luck. If you somehow start getting items that are kind of in the same spectrum of colours, that is just a coincidence (even if you get a lot of green, I'm pretty sure you still get other colours too. Your brain just chooses to ignore that, because it's used to finding patterns all around you).

Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't think there is any secret mechanic here. The outfits that I got never matched consistently what I was wearing (on this account for example, I got at first blue items, then I got a lot of yellow items and red items while I was wearing a blue outfit, but I would also get an ocasional random colour)

Update: Also, keep in mind that what you call "yellow" might not actually be the same thing. There are 4 or 5 different shades of yellow, so you might not even actually get the same colour. You're actually getting different things: light yellow, orange-ish yellow, dark yellow, a lighter shade of orange, darker white, but you just choose to group them all as "yellow", cause they look kinda similar and can go together in an outfit.

This sounds right. From a developer's perspective, coding in varying chances based on something like completely customizable appearances sounds like a massive headache. I really doubt that they would take the time to implement this when the benefit would be minimal and completely randomized results will do just as well.

This is a signature.

#310 11/01/2016 at 07:31

Absynthe Guard
Storm
Recruit
Storm

Alright I have to admit I loved this event even though I wont be getting my wolf outfit.

I just wish that the second chance meter was more like 10 then 15 because it never fails I always get between 10-14 before I find something and it resets and this is like nearly all the time my girl has 121 luck you would think I'd have better odds but I've bought more stuff then I've found really.

I hope that so things wont get super pricey but still rare that next year they will select 1 full outfit or more to return among new things so that it puts more of that outfit out there but at the same time still a hard thing to find.

Life is a mystery waiting to be explored; all you need is the will to explore it. ~Storm

#311 11/01/2016 at 08:54

Obsidian Guard
DiamondDust
Guard Patrol
DiamondDust

Adventurous wrote

Reishya wrote

This sounds right. From a developer's perspective, coding in varying chances based on something like completely customizable appearances sounds like a massive headache. I really doubt that they would take the time to implement this when the benefit would be minimal and completely randomized results will do just as well.

It's a psychological response that we look for patterns or understanding in things that are random...it's normal...and kinda fun too!! did we need our bubble bursting?? no...not really...but thanks for the cynicism...happy halloween <3

https://i.imgur.com/Z56g1QF.png
Tifa forever ❤️ Aerith never

#312 11/01/2016 at 09:11

Shadow Guard
Reishya
Just Arrived
Reishya

Storm wrote

Alright I have to admit I loved this event even though I wont be getting my wolf outfit.

I just wish that the second chance meter was more like 10 then 15 because it never fails I always get between 10-14 before I find something and it resets and this is like nearly all the time my girl has 121 luck you would think I'd have better odds but I've bought more stuff then I've found really.

I hope that so things wont get super pricey but still rare that next year they will select 1 full outfit or more to return among new things so that it puts more of that outfit out there but at the same time still a hard thing to find.

I don't understand why you are unhappy with the "second chance meter" haha. I think people totally misunderstood its purpose.

The "second chance" meter is exactly what its name says it is: a second chance. Basically, if you are so terribly unlucky that your companion doesn't bring you back ANYTHING after 15 tries , the developers are being merciful, and are giving you an item, so you don't feel like you got nothing out of the event. But that's it. The item is NOT rarer, NOT more special than anything you could find in exploration. It's actually an item you CAN find in exploration.

Also, if you get an item BEFORE you fill in the meter, that is actually BETTER than if you had filled it in. Think about it: if you get a clothing item every 10 turns instead of getting it every 15 turns, by the end of the event you will actually get MORE clothes than if you filled it each time.

I think the real purpose of the bar was to help people with companions that have really low luck. In their case, their companions are more likely to return without anything, and that would've made it kinda unfair towards those people. This way, even if they are unlucky, they still get something.

Regarding event clothing: the original French version has been around for more than a year and they already had 2 Halloween events, this one included. Most if not all of the clothing from last year's event returned this year. At least I'm sure that the most popular items returned in their full glory. They changed 2 of the companions they offered last year though (Chead and Ciralak were the new additions)

Adventurous wrote

Now that I think about it, that's also true! From what I know of this company, they're not very big fans of doing overly complicated stuff, so I guess you are right when you say they might've taken the easiest way ^^

DiamondDust wrote

Reishya wrote

It's a psychological response that we look for patterns or understanding in things that are random...it's normal...and kinda fun too!! did we need our bubble bursting?? no...not really...but thanks for the cynicism...happy halloween <3

Uhm... I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said? That your brain is automatically finding patterns cause that's what it's used to doing? Frankly, I don't really understand your passive-agressive response, haha XD

No one has forbidden you from consciously trying to find patterns, if it amuses you. However, seeing how there were a lot of posters who honestly believed their preferences mattered, I thought I would spare them the grief and frustration of not getting what they wanted by following a false algorithm.

Frankly, I don't know if getting upset over the truth is the right way to go here, especially since I never had any malicious intent to begin with ^^

Last edited by Reishya (11/01/2016 at 09:37)

#313 11/01/2016 at 14:51

Absynthe Guard
MariaCristina
Just Arrived
MariaCristina

Hi! Does anyone know if the last day of the Halloween event is November 2nd or if the event will finish when we'll be on November 2nd? I'm a little bit confused... /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

#314 11/01/2016 at 15:34

Absynthe Guard
Magstar5
Guard in Training
Magstar5

MariaCristina wrote

Hi! Does anyone know if the last day of the Halloween event is November 2nd or if the event will finish when we'll be on November 2nd? I'm a little bit confused... /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

I took a look on the Facebook page and it say "11/02 included", so to me this means we will still have tomorrow to explore!  /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

https://i.imgur.com/Q4md0XP.jpghttps://s1.postimg.org/8dgz1rkmsf/Magstar5_Prof.pnghttps://s2.postimg.org/pt1ia81hl/Magstar53rd.png

#315 11/01/2016 at 16:11

Absynthe Guard
MariaCristina
Just Arrived
MariaCristina

That's a relief! Thanks a lot! /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/lol.png

#316 11/01/2016 at 16:14

Absynthe Guard
Ocealys
Just Arrived
Ocealys

I really liked this event so thanks /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Last edited by Ocealys (11/01/2016 at 16:15)

#317 11/02/2016 at 03:00

Shadow Guard
MelancholyLush
Rookie
MelancholyLush

Wish they would extend the deadline on the shops...I wanna buy a lot of things but I'm still waiting on the market for someone to buy my products /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

https://usagif.com/wp-content/uploads/gifs/dragon-43.gif

#318 11/02/2016 at 12:01

Shadow Guard
Sawako
Young Recruit
Sawako

Thank you very much for this event. I really enjoyed the very spectacular map and the very beautifull outfits.
And thanks a lot for this magnificient cat. I love him so much.

#319 11/02/2016 at 13:39

Obsidian Guard
Kendra
Unicorn Sidekick
Kendra

This ended up being a really fun event. I didn't get the one thing I wanted the most so I suppose I will just have to stalk the market until one comes up. I'm looking forward to the next special event (I may have to break down and buy a few gold coins).  /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#320 11/02/2016 at 16:02

Absynthe Guard
EbonyMoon
Recruit
EbonyMoon

Talking about the event, while I had fun with this event and I hope I don't ruffle any feathers I hope they bring back Ciralak because I bought 2 of its baits yesterday (found one before I evolved my familiar) and I found it during my vary last exploration and I didn't get it. But now I have two baits I that I can't sell easily because of how much maana I had to save up for them.

But I have learned from this I would be saving a lot more for the next holiday /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

But as a whole I had fun during this event

#321 11/02/2016 at 19:54

Shadow Guard
QueenRandom
Soldier of the Guard
QueenRandom

While I did enjoy myself with the event, I'm just hoping that they would give the players some time to regain themselves from all the spending of maana so that we would have enough for the next episode. I'm hoping that it comes out about a week later or more after the event.

https://i.imgur.com/fYvdRs2.png

#322 11/02/2016 at 19:59

Shadow Guard
marvelousends
Guard Patrol
marvelousends

Thank you so much for the event! Unfortunately I didn't recieve the illustration (I loved it so much haha) *_* Anyways I'm happy for what my corko had brought back to me, loving all the clothes! /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

https://i.imgur.com/CfJ4ZN6.png

#323 11/03/2016 at 18:27

Shadow Guard
Gennevieve
Recruit
Gennevieve

Thanks for the event, Beemoov  /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by Gennevieve (11/03/2016 at 18:28)

https://68.media.tumblr.com/21a8ea7ee734a69b77c5a043d8c297e3/tumblr_oovy927j5v1sltgqno2_1280.png

#324 11/03/2016 at 19:13

Absynthe Guard
LittleAngel
Young Recruit
LittleAngel

Thank you, I really liked this event, I managed to get most of the outfits I wanted and I enjoyed hunting for them.  /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png I'm already looking forward to the oncoming episodes/events, yeah I got pretty much hooked on the game  /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#325 11/04/2016 at 02:34

Shadow Guard
aykimra
Recruit
aykimra

I didn't really have the best of luck finding things, but I did enjoy this event. It was lots of fun!
And, I did manage to find a ciralak, so I'm pretty happy about that.
Hopefully I'll have time to get some maana stocked up before the next episode comes out. (I have to pay 30 for companion food now... steep price)

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 11 12 13 14