Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

#176 08/05/2020 at 07:53

Shadow Guard
FalleaWOLF
Recruit
FalleaWOLF

Honestly the new is page is alright , its kinda funny when u click on nevra u can see two versions of him, but when u click on valkyon and ezarel, its only one , like where did they go ?

Matheieu doesnt seem so bland like people say, when I look at him, he kinda seems out of place , like he is in some fantasy rpg game killing dragons, his armour seems more human looking when u compare it to Valkyons which looks more eldaryan. Also his face shape is reallyyy different, the typical eldaryan boy has a pointed chin, while Mathieu has a structured jawline. Just by the design u can tell they wanted to try something different.

And lastly his description, he seems like the type of guy in cartoons I watched as a kid , like spider man or if u ever heard american dragon which I recently rewatched. The characther is confident and and makes funny comments to the opponent during the fight , reckless and careless , so my bet is that he is kinda like that

ALso did anyone notice that by Valkyons description it says leader of the SHADOW GUARD ????? where is the obsidian ???? by ezarel it says absynthe

Locked in Mariah's wine cellar, all I had for lunch
Was bread, wine, more bread, wine and Captain Crunch
Red wine for breakfast and for brunch
And to soak it up, an in-between snack, crackers to munch
Mariah, what ever happened to us?
Why did we have to break up?
All I asked for was a glass of punch _EMinem

#177 08/05/2020 at 09:32

The Answer to Everything
Kaitlynne

FalleaWOLF wrote

Honestly the new is page is alright , its kinda funny when u click on nevra u can see two versions of him, but when u click on valkyon and ezarel, its only one , like where did they go ?

This is because Nevra is a LI in both "Origins" and "A New Era". Ezarel and Valkyon are only available in "Origins". Mathieu is only available in "A New Era", and you can also see that Leiftan is in both.

https://i.imgur.com/SoMdnxn.pnghttps://media.tenor.com/images/651d0b7cdd4a5ced4e4c89435efba718/tenor.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/SoMdnxn.png

#178 08/05/2020 at 10:09

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

@Pandoraa: Oh ok, I think I get it now /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

@Angxl: I totally agree. While the homepage is not the most important part of the game, it gives me hope about the new content, at least in regards to visuals. And I hope it'll lure plenty of new players in so this server is more lively.

@Sakuramei:  I get what you mean, but nowadays talking about body diversity (and all kinds of "representation") in media is usually just an excuse to put uglyness everywhere in the name of certain agenda that basically ruins everythng fun.

And here they simply try to appeal to the possibly largest segment of population. Let's be real, very buff guys are not particularly popular, but wimps are even less, so they'll keep LIs in certain range. Besides, it makes sense they are somewhat "sculpted", considering their line of work. Getting chubby when food is rationed would be rather hard too /static/img/forum/smilies/wink.png

@Maoyui:  Fair point, and this is exactly why I think Mathieu is the way he is. Personally I'd choose "exotic" guy on any day, but since tastes are different it's important to have choice.

I still don't like his looks, and it's not only about "genericness", idk, maybe it's the artstyle but when I look at him I think I won't like his personality at all. But that I don't like him doesn't mean it's bad he's here, I just won't flirt with him.

@HeartKiller: I wouldn't call it pandering. Ofc they want to attract new players and I really hope they succeed (40 pages overall on the market? C'mon!), but it's unlikely the try to show old ones the middle finger. If old players will be unhappy it's rather because LIs that are gone, not because new one is a bit different.

And about bad boys, if Mystery Man is Lance, we'll still have only one since I'm sure Leiftan gonna be pure angel in the new era. Chances are even Lance won't count as bad if they put him in 100% redemption mode. Even if not, I think we could squeeze in another one /static/img/forum/smilies/wink.png

Last edited by lex12 (08/05/2020 at 10:09)

#179 08/05/2020 at 16:45

Recruit
Stargaser

How long befor the new era comes out

#180 08/05/2020 at 16:49

Absynthe Guard
Sakuramei
Soldier of the Guard
Sakuramei

lex12 wrote

@Sakuramei:  I get what you mean, but nowadays talking about body diversity (and all kinds of "representation") in media is usually just an excuse to put uglyness everywhere in the name of certain agenda that basically ruins everythng fun.

And here they simply try to appeal to the possibly largest segment of population. Let's be real, very buff guys are not particularly popular, but wimps are even less, so they'll keep LIs in certain range. Besides, it makes sense they are somewhat "sculpted", considering their line of work. Getting chubby when food is rationed would be rather hard too /static/img/forum/smilies/wink.png

There's still different ways fitness manifests.

Also, I doubt food is as much of an issue now as it sounds like Leiftan's and Gardienne's sacrifice fixed the soil. Not that they were ever consistent about the food problems.

~*Sakuramei*~ - My Wishlist
https://crystal-dreams.us/Random/EldaryaSig/

#181 08/05/2020 at 20:21

Shadow Guard
CottonCandy
Unicorn Sidekick
CottonCandy

I'm not impressed with Mathieu's look, I had the same exact thought as Aozumi thinking he looked like Sora. I imagined something a bit more as I feel like his look would fit more for MCL. I also feel like he's going to be like the Hyun of MCL where he's going to be a more relaxed route but also kinda boring. FalleaWOLF@ Spider-Man is a bit more multifaceted than that (unlike how Beemoov is probably going to write Mathieu cause its Beemoov) as there are plenty of moments where he is serious in battle and there are even times where he snaps and has almost killed people out of anger. I do really like sympathetic/sweet characters, but as I said I feel like he's going to be a really boring route. I was also kinda hoping for him to be POC as well since it would be nice to add a bit more diversity to a game that doesn't have much. Despite this, I still haven't played to know the character and if he's going to be interesting or not but so far I'm not impressed.

The backgrounds are nice but I was hoping that there would be a bit more differences, like the crystal room, as Eldarya is supposed to be thriving, but they still do look nice. The companions are very cute as well.

lex12 wrote

I get what you mean, but nowadays talking about body diversity (and all kinds of "representation") in media is usually just an excuse to put uglyness everywhere in the name of certain agenda that basically ruins everythng fun.

I completely disagree with your sentiment. I've seen people like a variety of body types. For example, a lot people really like Kero and wished he was a date-able option and he is very slim/thin. I feel like most people go for the personality and how interesting their routes are versus their looks (sure it's a factor but it's more face-wise versus body-wise). It also doesn't make any sense for almost all the people to be very fit cause that's just not realistic. Also the whole food situation of the game is riddled with plot holes, for example in episode 6 Chrome says they can't grow any food in Eldarya and have to steal it from the human world but in episode 10 it is stated that they grow food in Eldarya and use it to make drinks. Not to mention that the whole food rationing was mentioned towards the beginning of the game but than there was no mention of it later in the game (and it seemed like they were in no short supply of food).

http://78.media.tumblr.com/0a65eebd3afbdde2f0112e22e14133f1/tumblr_opjgm7m6dx1vsjtkfo4_540.gif

#182 08/05/2020 at 20:35

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Stargaser wrote

no one knows

#183 08/06/2020 at 01:24

Shadow Guard
SecretHere
Recruit
SecretHere

I wonder when they will finally tell us who the Lanc... um secret fourth LI is...

#184 08/06/2020 at 04:34

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

@CottonCandy:  I see you don't get what I mean, which is good for you I guess. But if you want me to elaborate, pm me since this is not the place for that discussion.

Now about how our boys look, food rationing is surely a thing a whole season one, since they were only able to grow foods after "white sacrifice". They eat eldaryan plants because while they have 0 nutrients, they still taste good.

But where the notion came that all LIs have same body type I totally don't get. On illustrations maybe, where nobody looks like in the game anyway? I mean come on, Valkyon was obviously most buff of them all, Leiftan almost as much (or even more in his evil form), Nevra less so and Ezrael I'd say is as lean as Kero, just dressed differently.

#185 08/06/2020 at 12:36

Shadow Guard
HeartKiller
Soldier of the Guard
HeartKiller

lex12 wrote

@HeartKiller: I wouldn't call it pandering. Ofc they want to attract new players and I really hope they succeed (40 pages overall on the market? C'mon!), but it's unlikely the try to show old ones the middle finger. If old players will be unhappy it's rather because LIs that are gone, not because new one is a bit different.

And about bad boys, if Mystery Man is Lance, we'll still have only one since I'm sure Leiftan gonna be pure angel in the new era. Chances are even Lance won't count as bad if they put him in 100% redemption mode. Even if not, I think we could squeeze in another one /static/img/forum/smilies/wink.png

"unlikely the try to show old ones the middle finger"
They already did.

because
"old players will be unhappy it's rather because LIs that are gone"
It's MCL all over again, is the same formula: They are keeping two LI's from S1 based on popularity (Nevra and Leiftan) + They would add another one from the old cast that proved to be boyfriend material (Probably Lance) + the fresh and new addition to the formula as a new option (Mathieu).

Not shame on Mathieu, characters are not at fault and new additions deserve opportunities too but not at the cost of removing routes. Beemoov is expecting and pushing players who lost their LI to change routes if they desire to keep playing and that's pretty disrespectful. Looking at the reactions, I feel Mathieu has more chances to be embraced by new players than old ones.

Now, "Bad boy" doesn't not literally mean that a character is evil and commit crimes like killing, is more about the actitud and characters that tends to take risks or are unorthodox on their ways. Nevra and Leiftan are not exactly the happy-go-lucky type.

We don't know for sure how the characters would be affected with the time skip, but MCL is a pretty example of what we can expect. While characters like Leiftan got their redemption, we don't know for sure for how much time he will remain "pure", more because the game is dark fantasy  /static/img/forum/smilies/roll.png

Last edited by HeartKiller (08/06/2020 at 12:39)

IF YOU'RE NOT AFFECTED, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION
https://i.imgur.com/sa5Ek18.gif

#186 08/06/2020 at 14:33

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

HeartKiller wrote

I mostly agree, but not entirely. I'm sure they try their best to keep as many consumers happy as possible, and if they fail it's not because they enjoy watching people ragequit.

I think was their main mistake (plot-wise) was to keep old MC for the new season. You simply can't go with that and still have love story that makes sense.
       I mean, she decided the guy is the love of her life in ep20 or so, and now what, either she stays with him and literally nothing happens, as in, state of relationship doesn't changes for entire season, or even worse, she just changes her mind... that happens in real life, but in a fantasy game where he should be her prince charming and happily ever after? That doesn't sound right.

Or you can kill him, and face backlash.

So if you ask me, if they keep old MC (mistake!), killing off *all* LIs would be the move making most sense story-wise, but would cause even bigger backlash.

Summary: they keep old MC, therefore whatever they do with LIs will be bad.

But then, if they'd introduce new MC, it would be weird having same avatar&wardrobe for both seasons. Even if very doable technically (you just throw a new wig and eyes and voila, a new char), it would not make logical sense.

So all in all, some players would be displeased whatever they'd do, and they tried to choose the least bad option.

Last edited by lex12 (08/06/2020 at 14:34)

#187 08/06/2020 at 16:16

Shadow Guard
Maoyui
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Maoyui

Stargaser wrote

Hopefully not before the Summer Event because I will be really annoyed if they change the Maana system before I blow it all on Episodes so I don't have to use 12K Maana to get through 2 paragraphs

https://i.imgur.com/RlZjrzW.jpg

#188 08/09/2020 at 15:27

Absynthe Guard
Amoriaa
Young Recruit
Amoriaa

I am really upset i see that my crush Ezarel wont be on the new one, he is my fave.

Ive put so much time on him and so as i heard there was going to be a new one. I was thinking a new look for him and better life.

I really have no more words, im just heart broken!!!

But i am loving the boys new looks and Mathieu is pretty cute.

https://i.imgur.com/UjIb9DT.gif

Last edited by Amoriaa (08/09/2020 at 15:30)

#189 08/11/2020 at 05:18

Obsidian Guard
DashDale5
Young Recruit
DashDale5

Will they change the dialogues in the original episodes when the Maana system changes? I have been looking for some characters for months, and I was wondering if I should keep trying again if the speeches are unnecessarily long...

I hope that they do not change, though, and just the Maana system does...

#190 08/13/2020 at 07:46

Shadow Guard
Roxx
Young Recruit
Roxx

I'm seriously upset that they're going to implement the dialogue cost instead of movement. Do you know how many meaningful moments have been ruined on MCL by the "you have no ap"? How much everyone hated it when it was announced on MCL and how much everyone still hates it! "Getting lost in the hallway" is nothing compared to pausing mid tragic or heartwarming dialogue!

I'm sad that certain love interests won't be available (I've got lucky and got to keep both of mine) but can only imagine how much it would hurt to have them taken away. I've played MCL since near the beginning and I no longer have any love for it due to their changes....I don't want to lose Eldarya too...

However, I do like that they have told us so much about what's to come and the archives have been a really nice touch.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2mctuo2.png

#191 08/13/2020 at 18:42

Absynthe Guard
Adhi
Just Arrived
Adhi

. Okay, there’s a lot to process here, and I’m concerned because what I mostly feel is BAD.

For personal reasons I left Eldarya, only came back recently, and just in time to see that apparently everything ended at chapter 30 (which I didn’t play yet, since I’m still level 8 and playing chapter 7, so I just got myself a handful of spoilers - totally my fault), and that there’s a sequel on the works. Up to here, all good.

But reading on, there’s just some teeny minor details that I ned to address here.

One: really Beeemov!? After the whole MCL fiasco, you go back to charging us every time we SPEAK!? I always found 50 maana per day a bit stingy, but fair, so that it’d keep up with suspense and teach us to be patient. That every move cost 10 maana was a bit more unforgivable, but semi-passable too for the same reasons as before. BUT! Having that change that caused SO MANY MCL PLAYERS QUIT IS OUTRIGHT A STUPID IDEA!! At least be honest and say that this change benefits you, not us!

Two: I’m aware that balancing out multiple routes can be tiring, and I accept that. Barely. But you must be aware that (again like what happened to MCL) you’re basically forcing us to play the routes you want us to play! With MCL, it seemed that in college everything revolved around Castiel and Nathaniel, and here it’s happening too! I don’t care about Mathieu, or the secret route! DON’T TAKE ROUTES AWAY BECAUSE YOU CAN’T BE BOTHERED TO PUT AN EFFORT INTO THEIR STORIES!

Two grave mistakes you made In MCL, and you repeated them here. Honestly, I wonder if you really learned from them or you just like to stumble multiple times on the same stone.

I guess I’ll stay here for the events and the companions, because they seem the only thing worth something.

#192 08/24/2020 at 09:58

Obsidian Guard
Star115
Just Arrived
Star115

I really do hope Ezarel will be back in New Era. he is my fave boy and my crush. It would be hard to pick out a new crush. I don't mind if you guys have a reason to rewrite him in. yet how can you as a company Beemov do this to his fans/lovers?

#193 09/13/2020 at 13:13

Shadow Guard
Aquatha
Unicorn Sidekick
Aquatha

I remember how I used love MCL and sweet crush before and I really like Eldarya too, but then I took a long break from all the games and now when I come back, everything is so different. In sweet crush, Lysander was my fave and they removed his routes in the later versions. Like what? And Castiel was my fave in MCL but I don’t know why, I don’t like his new version. It’s like something’s changed or maybe it’s because it’s been a long time since I logged in. And last but not least, the every move costs thing, that really annoyed me a lot, mainly because most of the dialogues are just fillers and unnecessary. I really looked forward to the dialogues back then but now I just can’t play the game. The changes really ruined the game for me.

The worst thing for me is I just got back to Eldarya three days ago and I was pretty happy to find out that nothing’s changed and now I see this. I really hope the don’t butcher the game.

If you read my whole rant, thank you /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by Aquatha (09/13/2020 at 13:14)

[right][right][right][right][centre] https://i.imgur.com/X37qR24.gif][/centre][/right][/right][/right][/right]

#194 09/14/2020 at 20:45

Shadow Guard
Aozumi
Rookie
Aozumi

ngl I was hoping for an official release date the moment the summer event ended

at this rate they will release it when I'm too busy to play, uni is about to start for me;;

#195 09/15/2020 at 01:13

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

I just realized beemoov is being a little risky with their release.
The lapse between the final episode of MCL high school life and the release of university life was only about 2 months, I think?

Whereas the final episode of season 1 came out in May

It's been almost 4 months.

Though I'm sure the pandemic has affected their release plans since it's not just a new episode but essentially part 2 of many functions of their site. And episode 29 came out right around the time the pandemic hit hard so who knows how far in production season 2 was before the upheavel, especially if they intend to release more than 1 chapter with its release. And possibly be animating sprites like they did with MCL and their new vampire game.

I feel like in one of their posts they mentioned "by the end of the year" whether it was on the forum or social media I don't remember.

But still, lets say they plan to release in November
what do they intend to do to try to keep us engaged with the site between events until the release of season 2?

Halloween won't be for at least 6 weeks.

Are the tiny archive releases supposed to be what do that? Cuz that's nothing but a blip in comparison to actual content.

And even just teases about season 2 wouldn't be enough. If there's nothing like the mini events they had at the beginning of the pandemic then there's going to be nothing til halloween unless they release season 2 before then.

#196 09/18/2020 at 10:21

Obsidian Guard
Jhiselle
Recruit
Jhiselle

Greeaaat... I sense another flop. Aside from the other obvious issues like the changing maana system (seriously, it's a bad system) and removing LIs (seriously, why?), I'm bothered by this company making sequels that make the game worse. I don't know who keeps pushing for sequels in your games but like, stop. The sequels are either boring or too different compared to the original game, dragging out storylines inevitably ruin them. And even for new players, do they play from the beginning or play the newest season? If the newest season is meant to attract new players, then whats the point of making a sequel when you don't care if people play the first season? If you want to continue the franchise you could do that without making a direct sequel. Make a series within Eldarya but telling a different story/side of the story, I would find that much more interesting and easier to accept.

But hey, maybe the story won't be terrible. But I'm already pretty peeved about missing my favorite LI, Valkyon. I'd prefer an option to not just 'get over it'(I dont know if Gardy really felt the passage of time, so it'd be weird to have gotten over that and flirt with whoever else) and not have to pursue another LI in New Era. But it's a dating game, so that's not gonna happen.

#197 09/19/2020 at 20:26

Shadow Guard
SecretHere
Recruit
SecretHere

number 4 is going to be Lance tho, isn't it?

#198 09/20/2020 at 04:50

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

SecretHere wrote

number 4 is going to be Lance tho, isn't it?

Yeah probably. Not that there were leaks or anything, but it seems natural, considering how you could kinda sorta flirt with him, and end of season 1 suggests he'll be on the path to redemption.

But who knows? Maybe beemoov will surprise us. Personally, I'd prefer it was Kero, but then, I don't care that much either way.

Actually, I much more want to know when season 2 drops.

#199 09/23/2020 at 17:39

Shadow Guard
Tati18
Just Arrived
Tati18

This "new era" is really starting to scare me. First of all, no one asked for the darn manna change. That's similar to Moonlight Lovers, where you use points for every single dialogue, you can't build currency up, and are therefore forced to constantly buy the points to advance in the game (that's kinda why I left that game alone) And on top of that, they once again DESTROYED the OG cast, and for all we know, we may not get Lance, the guy I'm sure everyone wanted to be added. I'm sure Beemoov got plenty of backlash from doing this to MCL. Why the heck would they make the same mistake?!?! Besides their idiotic video policy and failed changes to MCL's AP system, crap like this will decimate the whole franchise. I don't know if this is worth all the manna I have saved. I honestly don't know what to get excited for anymore.
All we can do is hope for the best, I guess....

#200 09/23/2020 at 22:54

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Tati18 wrote

This "new era" is really starting to scare me. First of all, no one asked for the darn manna change. That's similar to Moonlight Lovers, where you use points for every single dialogue, you can't build currency up, and are therefore forced to constantly buy the points to advance in the game (that's kinda why I left that game alone) And on top of that, they once again DESTROYED the OG cast, and for all we know, we may not get Lance, the guy I'm sure everyone wanted to be added. I'm sure Beemoov got plenty of backlash from doing this to MCL. Why the heck would they make the same mistake?!?! Besides their idiotic video policy and failed changes to MCL's AP system, crap like this will decimate the whole franchise. I don't know if this is worth all the manna I have saved. I honestly don't know what to get excited for anymore.
All we can do is hope for the best, I guess....
I've said it before,
But if you keep wondering why beemoov is giving eldarya the same treatment as MCL"because it failed already"
Just because you or any active forum users stopped playing MCL because of the changes doesn't mean it failed.

In fact, if they're doing it again, I'm willing to bet they either maintained their revenue or increased revenue from the changes on MCL
If they lost players but were getting more money on average then that's a win for them.

Also, we have no idea how many new players signed up AFTER the changes. If they were attracting more new users AFTER the changes than they were before the changes then that means more people using their site, using their app, seeing the ads, and potentially spending money.

The fact that beemoov is changing eldarya's love interests and changing the progression format again, it's because they already benefited from doing it before.

The forums here and on MCL might just be the vocal minority when it comes to opinions on changes they make.

On another note: it seems opinions are split on Lance. Half the opinions I've read are furious by the idea of adding him as a love interest and the other half are excited in hopes that it's him. So who knows at this point. I don't have an opinion either way, but I'm personally assuming that Lance is the unnamed love interest.
It would also follow their pattern of MCL where they took a character from the "first season" and made them a love interest in the "second season." Honestly, I'll be surprised if it isn't Lance.

Last edited by brokenendings (09/23/2020 at 22:55)

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11