Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10

#176 10/28/2017 at 23:57

Shadow Guard
AkiraMakara
The Answer to Everything
AkiraMakara

Man, this event really takes the cake, I love these holiday maps! And props for adding another skin tone in the naga skins. Very nice, keep up the good work, y'all have my support! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Last edited by AkiraMakara (10/28/2017 at 23:58)

☆My Profile Plays Music☆

https://media2.giphy.com/media/YztuZBREQW72U/giphy.gif

#177 10/29/2017 at 01:17

Absynthe Guard
Lindy
Recruit
Lindy

750 energy points later, I haven't found a single illustration piece! My companion has 353 luck, too. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if maybe they decided to make it a little more difficult to find 'em.

I may have found a way to block the darn spider. I'll keep you all informed! But this is just insane that I have to go into the scripts to try and block something that gives me panic attacks!

https://i.imgur.com/OG4rUfd.png

#178 10/29/2017 at 01:39

Absynthe Guard
Hideki
Young Recruit
Hideki

I literally have the opposite problem of everyone because all I keep getting is illustration fragments ^^"

Also, if you click the spider when it falls down a pop-up will come up asking if you want to stop it from starting again??

Last edited by Hideki (10/29/2017 at 01:43)

♡ Please follow my Youtube and Discord
https://data.whicdn.com/images/191317864/superthumb.png?t=1438071924

#179 10/29/2017 at 04:53

Shadow Guard
marvelousends
Guard Patrol
marvelousends

I finally got my first illustration piece! Though I'm pretty sure I wont be getting the whole picture haha.

https://i.imgur.com/CfJ4ZN6.png

#180 10/29/2017 at 11:13

Absynthe Guard
RosalieLuar
Young Recruit
RosalieLuar

Can anyone explain me how does the dark potion work? Do I give it to a companion without any energy or what

#181 10/29/2017 at 11:17

Obsidian Guard
Sijia
Recruit
Sijia

RosalieLuar wrote

Can anyone explain me how does the dark potion work? Do I give it to a companion without any energy or what

Yes, give it to a companion to refill its energy once.

"Acts of goodness are not always wise, and acts of evil are not always foolish, but regardless, we shall always strive to be good." - Martyr Logarius

#182 10/29/2017 at 14:33

Obsidian Guard
Valaena
Guard in Training
Valaena

With literally 0 Maana to begin with I managed to get most of the items I wanted already. Even though I registered for this game more than a year ago I got bored within the first week and only came back this summer. I was low on maana and I didn't quite understand how the events work. I expected Halloween to be like the Summer event, where we would get items through bindles. I am SO glad I was wrong. Still now my inventory is full of food and baits and all that stuff because I was buying them off the market to get Halloween bindles. I regret that now but I still love the event because as long as you do things you are able to get anything. (Unlike MCL where you can just get AP and $ by logging in). I love love love love this event. I even managed to collect 2000 Maana and bought the Hydracarys from the market. Expensive a bit, but I'm not complaining. I see what they did there with the pet hyDRACARYS... *cough...gameofthrones...cough*

#183 10/29/2017 at 17:47

Shadow Guard
Raine
Rookie
Raine

Still haven't fixed the itsy bitsy annoying spider? I wonder if they're actually trying to do anything about it or if they just don't give a #%&^ how much it annoys/traumatizes players. I was bored of it by the third drop but can't get it to turn off because the pop up options basically mean the same thing despite being worded differently, 'not scared, keep it coming'. Perhaps it was intentional since Halloween is supposed to be 'scary' and they're not bothered by traumatizing people.

For an awesome band and comic check out September Mourning! New graphic novel now available!

https://i.ibb.co/9WsjCmg/September-mourning.jpg

#184 10/29/2017 at 22:56

Obsidian Guard
Haruki
Defender of the Guard
Haruki

One of my all time favorite events!
I've got to say that the team has been quite generous in offering the 'dark energy potion.'
It'll come in handy with the search for all those amazing bits and bats from each and every (current and past) outfits that I'm hoping to claim by sheer luck >w<
If not there's always the shop...

Finding bait and illustration pieces on the other hand is proving to be quite a challenge but that's all part of the fun~

Special mention for the Halloween backdrop, it deserves credit where is due since it's setting a great atmosphere and is well done- I'm really liking it ^^

Happy Halloween everyone~
\{owo)/

https://i.imgur.com/4y7pUCg.jpg

#185 10/30/2017 at 12:07

Absynthe Guard
Hunterbllue
Recruit
Hunterbllue

LOVING THIS EVENT SO MUCH!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bapc/images/c/c0/WOP_WOP_WOP.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140420192618

#186 10/30/2017 at 19:55

Obsidian Guard
Mimei
Just Arrived
Mimei

Ahhh, this is my first time and I don't really know what to do for the Halloween event. I don't know how to access Halloween land or anything. Please help this faery  /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

#187 10/31/2017 at 00:19

Shadow Guard
pario
Recruit
pario

Mimei wrote

Ahhh, this is my first time and I don't really know what to do for the Halloween event. I don't know how to access Halloween land or anything. Please help this faery  /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

Hopefully this might help you! ^^

To access Halloween land, click your companion ( next to your character on the top ) and click the " Halloween ".
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/fad1e0_bd0c1659b4144bceb412e9ae65aaf19c~mv2.png/v1/fill/w_634,h_372,al_c,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/fad1e0_bd0c1659b4144bceb412e9ae65aaf19c~mv2.png
Onces you click it, you can pick any location dots that are shown in the picture. ( Remember: Each location cost your companion energy!! ) After sending your companion to explore, you can wait or finish it by using your gold.
If your companion doesn't bring anything back when it's done exploring, the Event Second Chance fills up by 1 and it will reset until your companion brings you something.If your companion energy is low or 0, you can recharge it by using your potion/ dark potion. ( Best if you use your dark potion first, because it will go away soon when the halloween event is over. )
Your companion might run into some wild companion that will let capture it if you have the bait, which it can be found the store. Don't use a random bait to capture a companion, you HAD to use the right bait!

I guess that's it, and i'm sorry if this information isn't useful or doesn't make any sense. I was in the rush typing and had a lot other stuff to finish.

Last edited by pario (10/31/2017 at 00:24)

https://66.media.tumblr.com/39c376cea0453c25caac152c4ea64370/33feb9543a837673-39/s500x750/d4ff67b7f994c3c57ecdc7e3bfed20804b4c5a33.gif

#188 10/31/2017 at 02:54

Obsidian Guard
Liliaceae
Young Recruit
Liliaceae

Eldarya wrote

Hello Guardians,

It’s time!

It’s time to explore the horrific and terrifying Halloween Land in search of its treasures.
Discover numerous outfits, Companions with no masters and even a quite… Frightening illustration !

Will you have the courage to roam these lands of horror or will you stay in the comfort of your home?
Experience the adventure from October 25 (05:00:00 EST) until November 8 (23:59:59, EST).

Terrifying Sweet for Globulosaurus
Possessed Apple for Ossotoplasm
Candy Corn for Hydracarys

Scary, aren’t they?

https://orig00.deviantart.net/f1e9/f/2017/303/7/e/heu_by_feeyuu-dbs9mbf.png

/static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png

#189 10/31/2017 at 05:57

Obsidian Guard
AudreyJane
Rookie
AudreyJane

I actually squealed when i noticed the Rawist was in the companion shop! Can't wait till the end of the event to hatch it  /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

[url URL=http://mybannermaker.com][img]http://mbmfiles.com/Oct2016/161019-RZCEc9_DnWO.gif[/img][/url]

#190 10/31/2017 at 18:08

Shadow Guard
EvvyLumos
Just Arrived
EvvyLumos

I dont normally post, but aaah. I had to share. I only had 1 shot at getting it (really low on mana and only had 141 gold) and i had such little hope, but I got him /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png my hydracarys is going to hatch and ill be the happiest person in eldarya. whoopwhoop

#191 11/01/2017 at 11:01

Obsidian Guard
Queenace
Just Arrived
Queenace

I'll be ok with the spider not being apart of next years Halloween event.

#192 11/01/2017 at 15:37

Absynthe Guard
dilailah
Guard in Training
dilailah

Wish this event lasts much longer:( I couldn't sleep well for days but I don't want it to end!

Check out my wishlist and Halloween Shop on my profile~~

#193 11/01/2017 at 15:43

Obsidian Guard
Sparksfly
Recruit
Sparksfly

What I find interesting is that I have tried to get the Ossotplasm 3 times now and failed every single time and on the first shot I manage to get the Hydracarys.  /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png
Feeling a lot of things  /static/img/forum/smilies/roll.png

ART IS EVERYWHERE, DON'T IGNORE IT.
https://i.imgur.com/PVW8ku8.gif

#194 11/01/2017 at 16:20

Shadow Guard
EvvyLumos
Just Arrived
EvvyLumos

I feel a little bad for putting away my little Xmas ferret (?) since he was sooo cute, but my hydracarys (even as a baby) has a lot better luck and is also pretty cute. Just have to think of a name for her

#195 11/02/2017 at 01:43

Absynthe Guard
Hunterbllue
Recruit
Hunterbllue

ahhhhh I've been searching the Thorny Forest for so many days yet I can't find a single Lost Bride Skirt I want so badly ;-;, if anyone has it, I'm willing to buy if I still can't find it

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bapc/images/c/c0/WOP_WOP_WOP.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140420192618

#196 11/02/2017 at 16:43

Absynthe Guard
Esmeray
Recruit
Esmeray

I know this has been complained abt to death but I Really hate that darn spider popup. It's basically a jump scare and that is uncool.

A friend of mine can't participate in the event anymore because of the popup so another friend is doing it for them on their account.

Lots of people legitimately have araconophobia so to make fun if it with both the thing itself and the "I have aracnophobia no longer" option is also very rude. I don't but I do have mild trypophobia so seeing that spider with all of the holes of eyes is still not enjoyable.

Actually, it's not enjoyable at all? It's also popup, like an annoying ad that even when I click the option to get rid of it it still sometimes pops up without warning.

Overall it's just a terrible design choice, it's disruptive, the event is supposed to be fun and it doesn't really contribute to that outside of maybe the original gimmick and novelty of it, and again it's rude and thoughtless towards people who might habe sensitivities.

And I know this isn't my candy love but elda still has a lot of younger players as well, plenty of kids wouldn't enjoy this either.

Like I know this is chinomiko and beemov who are not knknown for being particularly thoughtful people* and continue to be so, but honestly. These aren't difficult concepts and one of the main principlws of design is to keep in mind functionality and the demographics they cater to.

*if anyone's interested in me expanding on this point, I'm referring to:

(this being just in terms of web design, like how all site updates on elda improve the look but actually detract from practical use- the new companion food bar which is a lot less useful than the sliding bar they had before when you buy on bulk, u gotta continuously press +++ instead of just click and drag.

Also the items page, it was all on one page previously but now to see your items you have to click between all the categories, which while it looks better it's kind of irritating when going on explorations to see what items you need you have to go back and forth, etc.

Talking abt Chinook specifically rather than beemov- How some items can't be used together that should be able bc or poor overlap, like the new naga skin and longer hair because of that inbetween thigh area.

When they revamped the mcl site too they changed where to find things, I had no idea where to find my friend page for a while, and also it uses for CSS so the pages take longer to load amd it rly slows down my computer. The autopsy music is also irritating bc you can't permanently turn it off, each time you go to the page you have to manually lower the sound bar. Etc)

All of the above being strictly functionality issues, this isn't even getting into the thoughtlessness regarding the actual game play and plot of their stories, which could be another post in and of itself. ( poor plot choice decisions on bother elda and mcl, which a lot of the episode controversy covers but could he delved in depth, or the again actual literal game mechanics. )

Talking abt chinook's design issues, the skin controversy it a good example. She does not know how to draw or write dark skinned characters (or nonwhite ch a racers at all, her self insert Miiko being prime example A). And alot of her character session even disregarding that point leaves a lot to be desired.

This post completely derailed sorry about that! It's all true and valid tho lol.

#197 11/02/2017 at 18:27

Shadow Guard
Vivian
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Vivian

Love the event. Love the items (old and new), and the map.

I kinda like the chead. I personally think it's cute. I do wish there was a way to shut him off for those who do not like him, and that he wouldn't pop up during mini games. He hasn't affected any of my games, but apparently the lag when he pops up has caused some people problems.

#198 11/02/2017 at 21:01

Obsidian Guard
Sweetpea25
Recruit
Sweetpea25

Thanks Eldarya for the extra day. As for Bringing the Halloween eggs from the past, can you do the same thing for the Christmas event this Year please? The polar egg and I are meant to be.

http://i65.tinypic.com/ziljmf.gif

#199 11/02/2017 at 22:34

Shadow Guard
IvyHearts
The Answer to Everything
IvyHearts

Mimei wrote

you have to have your companion out and explore

#200 11/03/2017 at 00:39

Shadow Guard
Wife
Recruit
Wife

If I have the bait for the halloween companion -like globulosaurus, will the bait catch it guarantee or not? I'm wondering if it works differently with event companions then regular.

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10