Topic closed

Pages : 1 2

#1 12/03/2020 at 05:08

Light Guard
Eldarya
Oracle
Eldarya

Hello Guardians!

Thank you for participating in the Community Choice Vote to choose the additional wig colors in Eldarya: A New Era.
Without further ado, here are the results:

* Color 23 was chosen by all the servers! *
* Color 22, was chosen by 8 servers, and will reappear! *
* Colors 9, 13 and 20, were chosen by 5 servers, and will arrive in A New Era! *

The Light Guard is excited to see you with your new colors!
These colors will soon be available in the shop for the Erika, Bellone, Arminas and Ellana wigs.

Have a great day on Eldarya!

https://www.beemoov.com/documents/jpg/2020-11/choix-forum-5fc50a38aa8d7.jpg

#2 12/03/2020 at 05:23

Shadow Guard
Merody
Soldier of the Guard
Merody

Goodbye number 1

#3 12/03/2020 at 05:43

Shadow Guard
Malva
Recruit
Malva

Malva's identity has been saved! /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png
Finally something good happened!
(I'm just sorry for the other guardians who lost their usual hair colour. It was so for me when New Era launched, so I can sympathize.) /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

Last edited by Malva (12/03/2020 at 07:07)

#4 12/03/2020 at 05:43

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

Goodbye many lovely shades that we will miss a lot

Goodbye

It's been a pleasure serving in the guard with you all, but it's time for me to leave.
Hope you all have a wonderful time here in the lands of El.

Concept Art Suggestions
My Interactive Adventure: Don't worry, I will find the best treasure...Or not...

#5 12/03/2020 at 06:14

Shadow Guard
Saby-chan
Rookie
Saby-chan

I know that this is kinda unrelated, but the other thread regarding this had been closed: Did anyone who submitted tickets concerning the Pokku compantion bug from last weekend receive any answer? Or were we blatantly ignored once again?

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2337/2337545buh84sv1ie.png

#6 12/03/2020 at 06:21

Absynthe Guard
amaurus
Just Arrived
amaurus

I don't think anyone on this server catched or even saw the event companion (pocoku?) at least i know i didnt even with my companion with 300+ luck. I hope the eldarya team will adress this soon.

#7 12/03/2020 at 06:52

Obsidian Guard
kaos
The Answer to Everything
kaos

Almost all my wigs are in # 11.

#8 12/03/2020 at 07:47

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

Saby-chan wrote

I know that this is kinda unrelated, but the other thread regarding this had been closed: Did anyone who submitted tickets concerning the Pokku compantion bug from last weekend receive any answer? Or were we blatantly ignored once again?
Someone said the received a response saying that the issue had been reported to the team, it's in the assistance thread for the companion, if you want to have a look at it

Goodbye

It's been a pleasure serving in the guard with you all, but it's time for me to leave.
Hope you all have a wonderful time here in the lands of El.

Concept Art Suggestions
My Interactive Adventure: Don't worry, I will find the best treasure...Or not...

#9 12/03/2020 at 08:00

Absynthe Guard
Jupiterr
Rookie
Jupiterr

Okay I feel bad for te players who lost their main wig colour :/

▵ they/him 勇気がある ▵

https://64.media.tumblr.com/d53153d545d2bf8da8c253e7460e29e3/tumblr_o39yv2MXGl1qg67clo1_540.gifv

https://c.tenor.com/7E-ccUwcobMAAAAC/ateez-san.gif

▵ 負けるが勝ち ▵
https://data.whicdn.com/images/256709683/original.gif

#10 12/03/2020 at 08:03

Absynthe Guard
Hirla
Guard in Training
Hirla

;-; I just wanted a "middle of the way" blue, the ones left on the shop are a very dark one and one that's almost white

#11 12/03/2020 at 08:10

Shadow Guard
RegineA
Unicorn Sidekick
RegineA

NoName_NoPower wrote

Saby-chan wrote

Someone said the received a response saying that the issue had been reported to the team, it's in the assistance thread for the companion, if you want to have a look at it

I also submitted a help ticket, but I haven't received a response.

#12 12/03/2020 at 08:13

Shadow Guard
cadibug34
Recruit
cadibug34

ookkaayy.. thanks??

☉∪☉ I Watch You While You Sleep ☉∪☉
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/711/481/64e.gif

#13 12/03/2020 at 08:13

Absynthe Guard
Jupiterr
Rookie
Jupiterr

RegineA wrote

NoName_NoPower wrote

Saby-chan wrote

They just now made an announcment and I dunno if I'm happy with it or not.

▵ they/him 勇気がある ▵

https://64.media.tumblr.com/d53153d545d2bf8da8c253e7460e29e3/tumblr_o39yv2MXGl1qg67clo1_540.gifv

https://c.tenor.com/7E-ccUwcobMAAAAC/ateez-san.gif

▵ 負けるが勝ち ▵
https://data.whicdn.com/images/256709683/original.gif

#14 12/03/2020 at 10:53

Absynthe Guard
Choyari
Just Arrived
Choyari

So now we're going to have 3 bright whites and 2 identical tans? /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

#15 12/03/2020 at 12:48

Absynthe Guard
May06
Young Recruit
May06

Choyari wrote

So now we're going to have 3 bright whites and 2 identical tans? /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

Apparently yes. The only one of these I understand returning is number 9. And I guess 20 is okay too for people who wanted a dark brown color. But why two more whites when we already have a white? And that tan isn't very different from the light blondish brown color already in the shop from what I can tell.

Everyone who used purple (including me), blue, and green really got the short end of the stick. Each of the cool colors only have two options, one really dark and one really light. So why couldn't we have had more in between shades like that magenta color of 9? Wouldn't that have been more variety for everyone?

#16 12/03/2020 at 12:53

Obsidian Guard
Larjus
Moderoija
Larjus

I'm not happy with the results -_- I use several colours for my character, so it's not that bad for me, but they did get rid of my favourite shade of blonde, for example. Instead we get more whites -_-

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/685/31465552994_5cc23c60a2_o.png

#17 12/03/2020 at 13:07

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

somebody explain to me how this color in the shop is different from #22

Spoiler Click to display

and how this color in the shop is different from #13

Spoiler Click to display

I understand #23 being chosen because it's true white without a bluish tint. I understand #20 being chosen because the only darker brown is very golden and chestnut in color whereas this one is much less saturated. And of course I understand #9 being chosen (it was my 2nd choice) as it's a warm purple.

I feel like the two #'s I highlighted aren't different enough from the two existing colors in the shop. I wish we could have a medium blue back, halfway between the light and the dark, and it's a shame that teal didn't make it. That along with #9 was probably the most significantly different color not represented in the new shop items.

People who picked #13 and #22 either didn't look at the shop or it's absolute semantics as to why they think those colors aren't in the shop

RegineA wrote

NoName_NoPower wrote

Saby-chan wrote

There's a message in the technical forum. It's gonna be available december 5-6 to encounter and they're gonna give us some potions if we explored when it should've been available

Last edited by brokenendings (12/03/2020 at 13:25)

#18 12/03/2020 at 14:39

Obsidian Guard
Xayira
Just Arrived
Xayira

I don't get it, do Beemoov staff draw and color hairs instead of you know, let the computer do the job? Why remove hair colors when they are literally add diversity to the game?

#19 12/03/2020 at 15:03

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Xayira wrote

I don't get it, do Beemoov staff draw and color hairs instead of you know, let the computer do the job? Why remove hair colors when they are literally add diversity to the game?
Somebody draws and colors the hair, but I assume once hair is colored, they could easily use filters to change the colors. They might need to do it by hand for light, medium, and dark colors, but I assume that after doing that they can make all colors from it. Anybody well versed in coloring in photoshop or similar programs feel free to correct me.
Computers aren't smart enough yet to be able to draw this good yet. People still have to do it (i actually googled it not too long ago if computers could draw).

#20 12/03/2020 at 15:27

Obsidian Guard
Xayira
Just Arrived
Xayira

brokenendings wrote

Xayira wrote

Somebody draws and colors the hair, but I assume once hair is colored, they could easily use filters to change the colors. They might need to do it by hand for light, medium, and dark colors, but I assume that after doing that they can make all colors from it. Anybody well versed in coloring in photoshop or similar programs feel free to correct me.
Computers aren't smart enough yet to be able to draw this good yet. People still have to do it (i actually googled it not too long ago if computers could draw).

Hahaha I mean, not the computers but you know photoshop programmes and stuff. But I guess, still it takes a lot time of the staff.

#21 12/03/2020 at 17:32

Shadow Guard
HeartKiller
Soldier of the Guard
HeartKiller

brokenendings wrote

somebody explain to me how this color in the shop is different from #22

Spoiler Click to display

#22 is more blonde while the other is more chestnut.

brokenendings wrote

and how this color in the shop is different from #13

Spoiler Click to display

#13 is a very subtle light blue while in the shop is a more like a cheap opalescen version with sudtle red and blue reflections.

No trying to defend this choices, just giving my point of view. I recall @Okumara say those on the shop are new colors?. I really don't understand which was the process while selecting and discarding colors for NE, maybe they have data on it but them don't make sense why pure white was not a choice but the other "brand new" white...

Is kind of sad that the most fantasy colors of the game were taken away /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png now we have many shades of the same normal colors...

Also while I understand they want to cut some work, working on gray scale and then just editing every color should no be time consuming... I'm expecting players who love making clothing and hair packs would be photoshopping wigs in the old colors.

IF YOU'RE NOT AFFECTED, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION
https://i.imgur.com/sa5Ek18.gif

#22 12/03/2020 at 19:19

Shadow Guard
Vorona
Soldier of the Guard
Vorona

brokenendings wrote

Xayira wrote

It's really easy to do and takes only a few seconds, especially if you use the grey scaling technique. Which is where you create a monochrome drawing and place a certain colour layer over it, the shading will poke through it but in the selected colour of that makes sense. If you want more info you can just look up "colouring grey scale".

But yeah they probably would have to colour a bit extra to get rid of ashy shading at the lighter colours but besides from that, it's really easy to do so I don't see why they stopped doing it.

https://dragcave.net/image/W32a0.gif https://dragcave.net/image/yrMa9.gif https://dragcave.net/image/NFTFi.gif

#23 12/04/2020 at 03:35

Shadow Guard
Malva
Recruit
Malva

Well, in principle I agree with reducing the hair colours.
It was really annoying (especially at the event maps) when my companion found the 35. hair colour wich I would never use when he could have find something wearable.
But, as usual, even if the principle isn't bad, the execution is bad. I agree with most of you, that they should have left more 'fantasy-like' colours. Looking at the selection in the shop one instantly feels the lack of blueish green, for example.

And again, asking the opinion of the users and adding a few more colours is a most appreciated idea. But. Seeing the results it feels like most of the users voted without fully understanding the situation. I don't want to blame anyone, I'm just basing my opinion on that #22 has an almost identical colour avaible in shop, and after I saw many comments in the past demanding a white white, and there is a pure white among the new hair colours, they vote for a greyish white and an almost white blue.
I think that is possible that who hasn't begun New Era yet, didn't know which colours were left and which ereased. So I think that there's a slight chance that the results could have been different, if Beemoov inserted the new range of colours in their original post. /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

#24 12/04/2020 at 13:00

Shadow Guard
Azriel
Unicorn Sidekick
Azriel

My #1 TT0TT

Why do we need three different types of white? #13 up there is close enough to the one already in the shop so why bother? Like if most people were complaining about the lack of a “pure white” that should have been a given like “We’ll bring back this one and five others.”

It’s a fantasy game so why did they cut 80% of the fantasy colors?

And really what does it matter if there’s a bunch of colors, it’s not like they show up in the illustrations and we only get new wigs for events. So  it’s like six yearly events and maybe eight wigs since we’ve only been getting 1-2 outfits each event this last year.

This just sucks. My girl is never getting new hair again because I’m not changing it.

Last edited by Azriel (12/04/2020 at 13:03)

#25 12/04/2020 at 13:45

Shadow Guard
Linnana
Rookie
Linnana

Azriel wrote

Why do we need three different types of white?
Actually 4, don't forget about pearly wigs :')

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2