Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2

#26 05/26/2020 at 17:02

Obsidian Guard
lisasan
Just Arrived
lisasan

Wow, there is so much episodes. That's a good thing I guess. Well I'll try to catch up, but no too fast because I want to understand everything. The episodes are really amazing.  /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Lisa Sereda

#27 05/28/2020 at 11:42

Absynthe Guard
waterproofbacon
Recruit
waterproofbacon

I'm not quite sure how to feel about the news of a sequel because of what happened with MCL... but I'm still on episode 27 lol. I guess it'll still be quite awhile before I can try the upcoming sequel.

https://static.zerochan.net/Promare.full.2724835.png

#28 05/29/2020 at 11:41

Just Arrived
Hakuryu

Thank You for the episode ! /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

#29 06/04/2020 at 22:47

Obsidian Guard
Kanna
Just Arrived
Kanna

Was really surprised to see it ending already, hopefully the new season learns from their mycandylove mistakes. Lowkey doubt it though.

I would like to see illustrations that reflect your avatar, I understand its alot to do but it'd be nice

The Strength Arcana  represents both passion and self-control. It is depicted as power with reason

https://64.media.tumblr.com/57b249d29dbead1d7661a3923f67bd00/b4c9ecd7f4a5324a-ae/s400x600/6e3f02c3204fe141658ff7d4a752fed3c0803cbf.gifv

#30 06/15/2020 at 02:47

Absynthe Guard
Angxl
Recruit
Angxl

I'm so excited for the new season but I REALLY hope that no routes will be removed and PLEASE let the illustrations reflect our avatars! I know it's extra work but not everyone is white and it's hard to stay excited about illustrations when they look nothing like your character.

Last edited by Angxl (06/15/2020 at 13:42)

#31 06/15/2020 at 16:19

Obsidian Guard
YuzuKizumi
Recruit
YuzuKizumi

Angxl wrote

PLEASE let the illustrations reflect our avatars! I know it's extra work but not everyone is white and it's hard to stay excited about illustrations when they look nothing like your character.

As much as that would be a cool feature, I highly doubt they're going to implement this. With MCL, the whole point of the game is to project yourself (or whatever character you have in mind) onto your candy and see which LI fits you as a person.That's why MCL has the option to have our hair and eye color be present in the illustrations in the first place. Of course that is why it was necessary to add the option of skin tone later on, because Candy is SUPPOSED to reflect ourselves.

On Eldarya, the point is that you're playing as a specific character - Erika - And she happens to be White, it's not about playing as yourself. It's a story where you either make choices that lower or raise an LI's affinity, but it's as Erika, not as you. The part of Eldarya where we can change the appearance of our characters is not Avatar customization, it's dress up. Basically cosplay. That's why the default is that initial Brown wig and purple eyes, since that's the character we're playing, and we're just changing her appearance.

Like I said, it would be cool if they did end up doing that, but don't get your hopes up, lol.

Last edited by YuzuKizumi (06/15/2020 at 16:27)

#32 06/18/2020 at 00:48

Absynthe Guard
Angxl
Recruit
Angxl

YuzuKizumi wrote

As much as that would be a cool feature, I highly doubt they're going to implement this. With MCL, the whole point of the game is to project yourself (or whatever character you have in mind) onto your candy and see which LI fits you as a person.That's why MCL has the option to have our hair and eye color be present in the illustrations in the first place. Of course that is why it was necessary to add the option of skin tone later on, because Candy is SUPPOSED to reflect ourselves.

On Eldarya, the point is that you're playing as a specific character - Erika - And she happens to be White, it's not about playing as yourself. It's a story where you either make choices that lower or raise an LI's affinity, but it's as Erika, not as you. The part of Eldarya where we can change the appearance of our characters is not Avatar customization, it's dress up. Basically cosplay. That's why the default is that initial Brown wig and purple eyes, since that's the character we're playing, and we're just changing her appearance.

Like I said, it would be cool if they did end up doing that, but don't get your hopes up, lol.

I've never even heard the name Erika in regards to the main character before so they didn't do a very good job establishing that we're playing as a certain character haha. And it makes it even more confusing since characters refer to her as our username.

Even if we are playing as a specific character, Beemoov should still have different options for what she looks like in illustrations, seeing as we are supposed to be her and they call us by the names we choose. I understand if this wasn't their original plan, but they can still (and hopefully will) make these changes as they did with the 2nd season of MCL. They clearly saw the need for different skin tones and they should've accommodated that in Eldarya to begin with.

Again, I know we're supposedly not playing as ourselves, but if we're playing a POV game that we invest time, energy, and money into, it would actually be nice to have that accurately reflected. If they can just give a few standard hair, eye, and skin color options that we can choose from at the start of the story, that would be great (they can even keep the purple eyes, I mainly just want different skin colors). It would be a little extra work but it would be well worth it to make sure all players feel included. And even if we are playing as "Erika", the default for all of Beemoov's games shouldn't be white. It feels exclusive and is extremely disappointing to those of us who aren't.

P.s. I know you're not saying they shouldn't do these things, I'm just elaborating my point and I'm glad you agree! /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by Angxl (06/21/2020 at 16:44)

#33 07/05/2020 at 18:07

Obsidian Guard
Evelyn91
Just Arrived
Evelyn91

OMG I can't wait to reach this level.I'm still in level 5 and I am hella bad at the games X_X.I CAN'T WAIT!!!! ;)

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2