Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 4

#76 10/29/2020 at 13:04

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

FireRose123 wrote

This is great but I realized certain areas have certain items.
Like you mainly get the skel mermaid skins while at the you get the hair.

Halloween and Xmas maps used to be location-locked like the normal maps till last year, when they decided to make it completely random. This year they've decided to do it location locked again, and it's such a relief to know where to search what.

I've got a list with the location of all items, so PM me if you want to have it.

Goodbye

It's been a pleasure serving in the guard with you all, but it's time for me to leave.
Hope you all have a wonderful time here in the lands of El.

Concept Art Suggestions
My Interactive Adventure: Don't worry, I will find the best treasure...Or not...

#77 10/29/2020 at 13:40

Shadow Guard
Isilynor
Young Recruit
Isilynor

JUST realized there is a separate Halloween map for exploration -.- I had been sending my companion out to the regular maps and was getting frustrated that I hadn't found any items yet. FML why is this event so short lol  /static/img/forum/smilies/roll.png

Link to external image
~ I need 12 eggs ~ Aesthetic made by Faye ~

#78 10/29/2020 at 14:15

Shadow Guard
Mochim
Young Recruit
Mochim

I'm trying to catch the new companion and tried catching it for the fourth time, hoping to get it with success, but nope. I failed once more. This annoys me right now.

sig made by @Vince ;-;
https://i.imgur.com/SZsUGZb.gif https://i.imgur.com/E8rfOFY.png https://i.imgur.com/huxSBD3.gif https://i.imgur.com/hcwaqov.png https://i.imgur.com/it9LENQ.gif

#79 10/29/2020 at 15:43

Shadow Guard
Salem
The Answer to Everything
Salem

I just realized how short this event actually is. Not even a week long? I think this is the shortest eldarya event to date.
Cute outfits, but the time duration is disappointing /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png

Last edited by Salem (10/29/2020 at 15:44)

S  o     y  o  u ' r  e     a  f  r  a  i  d     o  f     t  h  e     d  a  r  k  ?
https://i.imgur.com/igITi8P.gif
W  e  l  l     d  o  n  t     w  o  r  r  y     c  h  i  l  d   ,   f o  r     I     w  i  l  l     l  e  a  d    y  o  u     t  o     t  h  e     l  i  g  h  t

#80 10/30/2020 at 00:34

Obsidian Guard
Aquaria
Guard in Training
Aquaria

I really like this kind of events with nothing extra to hassle about. Might be unpopular opinion, but I think it's nice to have a little shorter event for a change (after that month long nightmare we know as summer event)
Outfits are cool, again not really my style but individual pieces are really nice.
Over all my fav of this year.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/e462b4e6ba9b717f8e898bbfaa4c2ea6/tumblr_p0z6l3L5Qm1tjvv94o3_540.gif

#81 10/30/2020 at 14:33

Shadow Guard
Mochim
Young Recruit
Mochim

Yay, I caught the new companion. FINALLY. It only took like 5 times....... :')

Thanks for the event extension anyways. c:

sig made by @Vince ;-;
https://i.imgur.com/SZsUGZb.gif https://i.imgur.com/E8rfOFY.png https://i.imgur.com/huxSBD3.gif https://i.imgur.com/hcwaqov.png https://i.imgur.com/it9LENQ.gif

#82 10/30/2020 at 14:34

Shadow Guard
HeartKiller
Soldier of the Guard
HeartKiller

Salem wrote

I just realized how short this event actually is. Not even a week long? I think this is the shortest eldarya event to date.
Cute outfits, but the time duration is disappointing /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png

I going to guess this is the reason we got a extension o_o I thought the event was going smooth since I don't recall big mishaps this time.

IF YOU'RE NOT AFFECTED, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION
https://i.imgur.com/sa5Ek18.gif

#83 10/30/2020 at 14:39

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

HeartKiller wrote

Salem wrote

I going to guess this is the reason we got a extension o_o I thought the event was going smooth since I don't recall big mishaps this time.

I don't feel it's an extension, it's more like they didn't tell us the real extension of the event so we would be on a hurry. They just announced it now instead of waiting to last minute because the event closes on Sunday, and they don't work that day, so they delayed it till just before they start the weekend, around 5pm for them.

Goodbye

It's been a pleasure serving in the guard with you all, but it's time for me to leave.

Concept Art Suggestions
My Interactive Adventure: Don't worry, I will find the best treasure...Or not...

#84 10/30/2020 at 16:20

Shadow Guard
HeartKiller
Soldier of the Guard
HeartKiller

NoName_NoPower wrote

I don't feel it's an extension, it's more like they didn't tell us the real extension of the event so we would be on a hurry. They just announced it now instead of waiting to last minute because the event closes on Sunday, and they don't work that day, so they delayed it till just before they start the weekend, around 5pm for them.

Now this is writing fanfiction, I don't think is the case at all since past events have ended on sunday, even without the extencion I'm almost done with the event, so three extra days feels nice because I have plans for the weekend so I can relax and resume my explorations next week. Is also nice for the people really struggling with the drop rate. So no complaints for my part, just genuinely surprised since we didn't get more longer extensions in other occasions when there were actual problems with the site.

IF YOU'RE NOT AFFECTED, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION
https://i.imgur.com/sa5Ek18.gif

#85 10/30/2020 at 19:34

Shadow Guard
Maoyui
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Maoyui

Really lucky with the drops being pretty much in the exact color I'm looking for for the Rag Doll. Especially since the Event is so short, I don't have to waste anymore potions or worry about buying anything off the map~

There is literally nothing else to say about this Event. It's not even worth a review. It was just plain underwhelming and lazy. I really can't imagine how bad you have to be at making Events to mess up the simplest of Exploration Events.

https://i.imgur.com/RlZjrzW.jpg

#86 10/30/2020 at 21:16

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Maoyui wrote

It was just plain underwhelming and lazy. I really can't imagine how bad you have to be at making Events to mess up the simplest of Exploration Events.
They literally said they spent the time they'd normally spend working on the event working on getting season 2 ready.
I think they'd make fewer people angry by skimping on the event to get season 2 done faster. If they went all out for a good event and postponed season 2 as a result I think way more people would be upset. Also, the seasons are what keep people using their site. The events are extra to keep people engaged.

I have dozens upon dozens of cool new clothes so I'm happy.

And I feel like I've seen far fewer complaints overall for this event. The majority being about its length. But then they extended it 3 days.

Last edited by brokenendings (10/30/2020 at 21:16)

#87 10/31/2020 at 01:08

Obsidian Guard
MinervaLily
Soldier of the Guard
MinervaLily

Oh my.  /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png I'm a little late to the event but those outfits and companions look glorious.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." ~ MC Scooter.
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzdSRR4Gi1BxNuCI/giphy.gif

#88 10/31/2020 at 17:02

Shadow Guard
Kija
Just Arrived
Kija

Can't seriously be the only one to be getting the crappiest items, every search all I get are the apple bait and the ears, even when I got to other locations, it's still the crappiest items that will clutter my closet and rarely usable, this is quite frustrating, my companion's luck is quite high too, or do they consider 341+ to be low now. I want skins not tattoos, this is just all too annoying.

#89 10/31/2020 at 17:32

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

Kija wrote

Can't seriously be the only one to be getting the crappiest items, every search all I get are the apple bait and the ears, even when I got to other locations, it's still the crappiest items that will clutter my closet and rarely usable, this is quite frustrating, my companion's luck is quite high too, or do they consider 341+ to be low now. I want skins not tattoos, this is just all too annoying.

You know the items are location locked, right? There are two spots where you can only find skins.

Goodbye

Concept Art Suggestions

#90 10/31/2020 at 18:03

Shadow Guard
Saby-chan
Rookie
Saby-chan

NoName_NoPower wrote

Kija wrote

You know the items are location locked, right? There are two spots where you can only find skins.

I dunno what you guys mean by location locked. In my case I found different stuff everytime I did a new exploration in the same spots, so my best advice to anyone for getting as much variation as possible: do circular trajectories every day, don't stuck onto only 1 or 2 spots hoping to get all color variations of only one item at a time. And the best part is that there are high chances to get 2 items at once too while exploring multiple locations a day.

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2337/2337545buh84sv1ie.png

#91 11/01/2020 at 07:41

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

Saby-chan wrote

NoName_NoPower wrote

Kija wrote

I dunno what you guys mean by location locked. In my case I found different stuff everytime I did a new exploration in the same spots, so my best advice to anyone for getting as much variation as possible: do circular trajectories every day, don't stuck onto only 1 or 2 spots hoping to get all color variations of only one item at a time. And the best part is that there are high chances to get 2 items at once too while exploring multiple locations a day.

Each spot has 2 or 3 different items (I'm talking only about clothing), and if you send your companion to one place many times, you will get many variation of those 2 items that are in that spot. If you are getting 5 or 6 types of items (clothing) from one spot or the same item in two spots you should report it, since it's a bug.
When I'm talking about 'an item', I mean a type of item, like the skel skin or the doll dress, not each color of them, maybe thats where your confusion comes from.

Last edited by NoName_NoPower (11/01/2020 at 08:01)

Goodbye

Concept Art Suggestions

#92 11/01/2020 at 12:43

Absynthe Guard
mezuku
Recruit
mezuku

I am going to be positive about this event and say that I appreciate it. It feels like an old school event (just explore to get cool stuff). I haven't run into a companion once though, so that is disappointing (not that I have found any bait either). It was originally short, but I do appreciate the extension so I can have more time to look around. My event haul has been mostly good. The outfits are actually really good. I actually like that it's not all of the previous years clothing so I can actually find the new stuff (but I am a veteran player who has been here for years and has had the chance to get all of that stuff, so I understand why newer players are upset by it). The only thing that really disappoints me is the lack of CG for the event. I am a CG collector and was looking forward to what would be out this year. Oh well.
Overall, the event is fine. Nothing grand, bit it doesn't need to be. It is just a nice "get some dress up clothes" event while we wait to save our maana for season 2.

#93 11/01/2020 at 14:04

Obsidian Guard
kaos
The Answer to Everything
kaos

Am I the only who hasn't seen Bhemoth? I know where it's supposed to be located but I haven't seen it at all. Been spamming the spot for two days and fully recharging when needed.

#94 11/01/2020 at 18:04

Shadow Guard
Cha
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Cha

@Kaos - That sounds so frustrating! You can try clearing  your cookies and cache to see if doing so helps.

I'm on the hunt for cheap event items! If you have unwanted items that are taking up space in your inventory that you want to sell, let me know!

#95 11/01/2020 at 18:10

Shadow Guard
Cailin
Rookie
Cailin

kaos wrote

Am I the only who hasn't seen Bhemoth? I know where it's supposed to be located but I haven't seen it at all. Been spamming the spot for two days and fully recharging when needed.

Been doing the same and experiencing this as well. I even got a bait but that doesn't seem to help xD

I guess the drop rates are either (randomly for everyone) extremely high or terribly low.

Edit: Also the cookies suggestion everyone's making doesn't change anything. I did that multiple times and also played from several different devices and there's no difference /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by Cailin (11/01/2020 at 19:22)

Solely pretty

#96 11/02/2020 at 01:45

Obsidian Guard
Larjus
Moderoija
Larjus

I've found Bhemoth four times (and caught it three times). And I haven't even spammed the location that much. Pirnomnom I've seen only once but luckily managed to catch it. If I could, I would share my luck with others... Meanwhile I have had trouble finding the items I want...  /static/img/forum/smilies/roll.png

// Just caught a second Pirnomnom... Yeah that's nice, but I don't need any anymore...

Last edited by Larjus (11/02/2020 at 02:25)

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/685/31465552994_5cc23c60a2_o.png

#97 11/04/2020 at 17:28

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

I'm much happier with this year's halloween event than last year's
Overall the outfit items are better,
and we were able to get tons of color variations
of both outfits through exploration,

I very much appreciated having each item be in a specific location again.
It made exploration actually be a hunt again, and involved strategy,
and gave us more control over which items we were getting.

I know some people were disappointed
that it was only exploration this year,
but not me. This is my kind of event.

Next year, you should keep the exploration part exactly like this year,
TWO new outfits, one exploration exclusive, and all items with specific locations
BUT ALSO
have an outfit tied to a story, like the Necromancer outfit from 2019,
and the illustration be the reward for unlocking all the pieces of the story outfit.
I think then a majority of people would be happy with the event if you did that.

PS, if you bring the story outfit back
PLEASE make the color variations available for maana,
not just gold coins.

Last edited by brokenendings (11/04/2020 at 17:30)

#98 11/04/2020 at 17:31

Absynthe Guard
Angxl
Recruit
Angxl

Sooo... 8 out of the 10 times I sent my companion exploring today she came back with nothing. /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png I sent her to different locations and everything and she has a 348 luck bonus... is anyone else having this problem?

Last edited by Angxl (11/04/2020 at 17:32)

#99 11/04/2020 at 18:23

Shadow Guard
RegineA
Unicorn Sidekick
RegineA

With the event now coming to an end, I'll share my thoughts.

The outfits were well designed this time. The skel mermaid wasn't quite to my taste, but there's a few elements that I can recycle. That also left me with more time to explore other locations. I loved the rag doll outfit. I don't usually go for the more girly outfits, but with a Halloween spin, it was quite lovely. The skin was my favourite (particularly the face shadow), and I could finally have a pitch-black skin to use as a base for my monster outfits. The demon outfit (I'm ignoring the earlier controversy we had with that) was perfect. It's a very 'me' look and I'm really happy to add it to my closet.

I did manage to catch both companions. As a collector, I did spend far too much time on trying to catch them. The difficulty this year seemed a lot harder than previous years, which took away a lot of time and enjoyment.

Although we only had a map, I'm glad that Beemov seemed to listen to our call for it to come back. I'm not going to hold it against them because I know they are dealing with creating the new season (and the nasty thing that has currently put the world at a standstill). A game or two to pass the time would have been nice, to maybe win baits or an additional outfit. Definitely an illustration. Again though, this year is a special case, so we can't grumble too much.

Drop rates. Oof. I hit a snag during the middle of the event, some players are experiencing it, others have found everything with ease. It doesn't even seem isolated to lower-luck companions, as my Rex is a legendary with high luck. As much as I would like to hatch more event companions, their status isn't always apparent. For that reason, it's too much of a risk for me to rely on one for events, as lovely as they are.

I'm not sure if I can use my normal 'out of 10' score because I don't think that it would be fair for this year. I did enjoy it, but obviously it was lacking in a lot of areas. Again, I would have loved to have seen a final illustration but that's my main bugbear. And drop rates.

#100 11/04/2020 at 21:02

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Angxl wrote

Sooo... 8 out of the 10 times I sent my companion exploring today she came back with nothing. /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png I sent her to different locations and everything and she has a 348 luck bonus... is anyone else having this problem?

How many items do you have from each of the areas you explored? Some places only have 24 items, so do you have 5/24, or something like 20/24? Because the closer you are to having all the items from that location, the more likely you are to come back with nothing. Once I get almost all the items and start coming back with nothing, I change locations so I keep getting stuff, unless there's one color variation I really want, and I'm willing to get nothing several times in a row in an effort to find it.

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 4