Pages : 1 2 3 4

#76 12/24/2020 at 23:57

Absynthe Guard
Meara
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Meara

brokenendings wrote

Meara wrote

I love having exploration back I really do, but I think it's a little ridiculous when my companion comes back with nothing for several explorations from a place I haven't a single item from.

Even with my companion being a epic I should at least be getting one item yeah?
Think about it this way. If there's 30 items in a location that you don't have and you come back empty handed, it's probably a 1 in 31 chances you come back with nothing. So it's at ;east a 3% chance you come back empty handed. The likelihood for coming back empty handed might even be weighted on purpose. If beemoov is being absolutely fair then it might be a 3% chance. Or it could be a 30% chance coming back empty handed vs 70% chance coming back with something.

And I'm in the school of mind that companion luck doesn't affect the likelihood of bringing back equipment. For all we know luck might only pertain to the likelihood of companions appearing or it might only matter on the normal map where maybe the luck has influence of the rarity of items more easily found. But in events everything is equal rarity so luck might not matter at all in events, just energy.

When you put it that way it makes a lot more sense, thank you for taking time to explain it!

Ah in that case I suppose it's good I have plenty energy potions saved up.
Thank you again for taking the time to explain!

Siggy by the talented @Shabina
http://i.imgur.com/8paymhe.gif

#77 12/26/2020 at 15:05

Obsidian Guard
Kallamina
Soldier of the Guard
Kallamina

I love the outfits this year<3 Haven't been active for a couple of months but this Christmas event really brought me back<3

Last edited by Kallamina (12/26/2020 at 15:06)

https://i2.wp.com/www.arzhela.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/gif_suigintou.gif?resize=320%2C180&amp;ssl=1
༓Night thinking, Day dreaming...༓

#78 12/26/2020 at 23:49

Shadow Guard
Aelflaed
Unicorn Sidekick
Aelflaed

I'm really enjoying  this event, but I was wondering if anyone else is seeing text on the "Christmas" tab saing that color variations of the Winter  Fair and Prinpinpou Caretaker outfits are available "in Purreru's Shop" even though they're not? I'm not particularly upset about it because I wasn't expecting to bu any of the items, but it struck me as odd, especially considering that Purreru isn't even the clothing shopkeep.
Apologies for any typos, most of my keys stick.

"Be careful who you share your jumja with."
        -Keiko O'Brian

#79 12/27/2020 at 03:52

Shadow Guard
Vorona
Soldier of the Guard
Vorona

Aelflaed wrote

I'm really enjoying  this event, but I was wondering if anyone else is seeing text on the "Christmas" tab saing that color variations of the Winter  Fair and Prinpinpou Caretaker outfits are available "in Purreru's Shop" even though they're not? I'm not particularly upset about it because I wasn't expecting to bu any of the items, but it struck me as odd, especially considering that Purreru isn't even the clothing shopkeep.

Nope. Only seeing to for the other two outfits.

https://dragcave.net/image/W32a0.gif https://dragcave.net/image/yrMa9.gif https://dragcave.net/image/NFTFi.gif

#80 12/27/2020 at 05:59

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

Aelflaed wrote

For me it only appears in the faery one, the caretaker is okay. I don't know if it has been that way since the beggining
https://i.imgur.com/EaQfCjs.png

Goodbye

It's been a pleasure serving in the guard with you all, but it's time for me to leave.
Hope you all have a wonderful time here in the lands of El.

Concept Art Suggestions
My Interactive Adventure: Don't worry, I will find the best treasure...Or not...

#81 12/28/2020 at 07:36

Shadow Guard
RegineA
Unicorn Sidekick
RegineA

I thought this event was going to be good, but of course it had to be ruined.

The droprate for the companions is really low, and as someone who can normally capture both of them before the end of an event, I've captured none. I've just used my Christmas potion to hopefully help me with this. Nope, it didn't even work. What was even the point of giving it to us?

I've seen that there seems to be a split between players. Either they have captured a companion, or they have barely seen it. Because of the last disaster of an event, it is becoming more evident that it is a server issue. The amount of users would be too large to only have one server per country, so when they talk about 'servers', they actually mean a collection of them that are didicated to that specific country. If one of those machines isn't working correctly, the fact that the others are means that they can sweep it under the rug and pretend it's not their fault. This happens a lot at my job when there is an IT issue, so I knew I recognised it.

If they switch the probability numbers for everyone, more people notice and the company have to make up for it. If only one server is changed, they can pretend that they didn't switch the numbers. If they do that, not only do they not have to do anything, it also forces the players into paying money to complete the event. If this was deliberate, this is absolutley disgraceful. If this was a fluke, why does this same thing keep happening? Call me a conspiracy nut, but if the shoe fits.

Last edited by RegineA (12/28/2020 at 08:56)

#82 12/28/2020 at 16:10

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Is it just me, or does anybody have 7 colors of a lot of items, and are completely unable to find a new color once you have a seven of something? It literally seems impossible to find any of the last 3 once you reach 7.

#83 12/28/2020 at 16:30

Light Guard
Eleyon
Moderator & Leader of the XMen
Okumara

The droprate for the companions is really low, and as someone who can normally capture both of them before the end of an event, I've captured none. I've just used my Christmas potion to hopefully help me with this. Nope, it didn't even work. What was even the point of giving it to us?

I've seen that there seems to be a split between players. Either they have captured a companion, or they have barely seen it. Because of the last disaster of an event, it is becoming more evident that it is a server issue. The amount of users would be too large to only have one server per country, so when they talk about 'servers', they actually mean a collection of them that are didicated to that specific country. If one of those machines isn't working correctly, the fact that the others are means that they can sweep it under the rug and pretend it's not their fault. This happens a lot at my job when there is an IT issue, so I knew I recognised it.

From what I'm seeing on other servers I don't think this is just an issue with the U.S server, it seems the drop rate is SUPER low on a few other servers as well. I would report what you know to Support if anything and see what they say? I have now clue how these things work at all.

brokenendings wrote

Is it just me, or does anybody have 7 colors of a lot of items, and are completely unable to find a new color once you have a seven of something? It literally seems impossible to find any of the last 3 once you reach 7.

It seems that way as I have yet to get any other clothing items from the reindeer stables after I found 7 sets of wings........

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/786681519594536972/1010406187449188463/bha.png

#84 12/28/2020 at 16:53

Obsidian Guard
Yudi
Just Arrived
Yudi

Does anyone else have troubles finding the companions? I've not encountered any of them. I also didn't encounter the companions for the past 2 events. My companion has a luck bonus of 379, so it makes no sense to me that I haven't been able to spot a single one of them...

The illustration was cute though!

#85 12/28/2020 at 17:50

Shadow Guard
Vorona
Soldier of the Guard
Vorona

Odd that everyone seems to have problems with finding them. When I seriously started looking for them, I found both after exploring the area once and caught both of them.

https://dragcave.net/image/W32a0.gif https://dragcave.net/image/yrMa9.gif https://dragcave.net/image/NFTFi.gif

#86 12/28/2020 at 18:05

Absynthe Guard
Clarissa_M
Just Arrived
Clarissa_M

ok so with the pinpipou caretaker outfit i noticed the pinpipou on her head is a "hat" since i am missing 2 items i assume the pinpipous at her feet are also a separate item but is it the Pet" from the egg or is it some kind of accessory? what category would i find it under, the list i look at are incomplete and don't have it.

#87 12/29/2020 at 05:59

Absynthe Guard
Adhi
Just Arrived
Adhi

Honestly the drop rate has been okey-ish for me, not perfect, but not outrageously low. I only have the snow-like Companion (after a LOT of exploring and only getting clothes or nothing at all), but I haven’t seen hair nor beak of the penguin. I have the whole illustration and all the clothes, except for the penguin, which I’m missing the hat and something else, but I don’t know what it is.

Maybe the trick is the companion you use for your exploration? I have one with barely 130 luck.

#88 12/29/2020 at 07:45

Shadow Guard
Queen-Arianni
Guard Patrol
Valkyarie

There was a bug preventing us from finding the sleeping Pinpipou atmosphere. I sent in a ticket and was told it had been resolved, and I found it! \o/

https://www.eldarya.com/assets/img/item/player/icon/03b154e1df805288fdafd3d932733bcd.png

Last edited by Valkyarie (12/29/2020 at 07:46)

#89 12/29/2020 at 18:52

Shadow Guard
marvelousends
Guard Patrol
marvelousends

brokenendings wrote

I've actually completed all of the colors for items such as the nutcracker pants, winter faerie sleeves, festive pilgrim bracelet/lingerie/cape/socks/handstaff/dress/scarfs/shoes and winter faerie shoes. My companion have obviously been coming back empty handed a lot of times but I liked the idea of completing as much color variations as possible. We don't know yet which outfits will be available next year of if none would be?

Valkyarie wrote

There was a bug preventing us from finding the sleeping Pinpipou atmosphere. I sent in a ticket and was told it had been resolved, and I found it! \o/

https://www.eldarya.com/assets/img/item/player/icon/03b154e1df805288fdafd3d932733bcd.png

I actually ended up buying it on the market on the French server for 300 because I couldn't find it anywhere on the map.

https://i.imgur.com/CfJ4ZN6.png

#90 12/29/2020 at 21:49

Absynthe Guard
WaterAngel5
Just Arrived
WaterAngel5

marvelousends wrote

brokenendings wrote

Valkyarie wrote

I actually ended up buying it on the market on the French server for 300 because I couldn't find it anywhere on the map.

Well, at least it's nice to know I'm not the only one unable to find it. I really only need the sleeping Pinpipou atmosphere. So far I've been whole-y unsuccessful in finding it. {to be fair, I don't know where to look, so it's entirely possible I'm looking in the wrong place.} I just hope they did actually resolve it. I found the Pinpipou companion itself relatively fine.
Edit: Of course, now that I mentioned it, I found the hat, so now i just have to look out for the sleepy ninja. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to look.

Last edited by WaterAngel5 (12/29/2020 at 22:04)

#91 12/29/2020 at 23:38

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

marvelousends wrote

brokenendings wrote

I've actually completed all of the colors for items such as the nutcracker pants, winter faerie sleeves, festive pilgrim bracelet/lingerie/cape/socks/handstaff/dress/scarfs/shoes and winter faerie shoes. My companion have obviously been coming back empty handed a lot of times but I liked the idea of completing as much color variations as possible. We don't know yet which outfits will be available next year of if none would be?
And you didn't finish the sets by buying color variations on the market? you found all 10 variations of each item in exploration?

#92 12/30/2020 at 04:48

Shadow Guard
marvelousends
Guard Patrol
marvelousends

brokenendings wrote

marvelousends wrote

brokenendings wrote

And you didn't finish the sets by buying color variations on the market? you found all 10 variations of each item in exploration?

No I didn't buy anything in the market actually. I wanted to see how much I could get from exploration first and if I still can't find color variations of some pieces I want I will look for it in the market.

Edit: My companion just brought back the sleeping pinpipous. I now have only a few pieces I'd like to get before the event ends tomorrow.

Last edited by marvelousends (12/30/2020 at 04:50)

https://i.imgur.com/CfJ4ZN6.png

#93 12/30/2020 at 14:29

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Has anybody been able to find the gift sack background?
It's the only background I haven't seen on the market or listed that people found in the "my companion found" thread
https://www.eldarya.com/assets/img/item/player/icon/1e11c28081f45135ee37c635ae948904~1567176058.jpg

based on math, there doesn't seem to be a location that it could be at. There's only enough odd numbers to include the odd number of eyes, the two penguin items there's one of, and the two backgrounds there's one of. Mathematically there's nowhere for the 3rd background to be, based on the total numbers of items available at each location.

Last edited by brokenendings (12/30/2020 at 14:34)

#94 12/30/2020 at 19:12

Obsidian Guard
Shamira
Sylph Sidekick
Shamira

Since we aren't allowed to reveal locations of where items can be found on exploration in the forums (which I don't get why but whatever), can anyone DM me where to find the Pini caretaker coat? I checked the wiki and it's not on there. There's a few outfits I could use that on for one of my OCs so I'd really like to find a few of them but I have yet to find any on my own and since the event ends in a day... kinda in crunch here. Also I haven't found any of the winter faery coat either.

Last edited by Shamira (12/30/2020 at 19:15)

On indefinite semi-hiatus from writing... Too busy trying to find a job...
If I can ever figure out a way to make an aesthetic I'll put one here ^^;

"What you care for, you'll fight for."

Here is some of my artwork if you wanna take a look.

#95 12/31/2020 at 02:44

Shadow Guard
Malva
Recruit
Malva

Although I'm really happy with the modality of the event, but like for most of you, it was ruined for me by the low drop rate.
Especially in this server there are 5-6 explorations in a row when I don't find anything, even in locations I haven't really used since the beginning of the event. And I've seen only two companions adding the experiences of the two sever I'm playing on.
Don't speaking about little blows, like 0 potions for me in the bundles during the event. /static/img/forum/smilies/neutral.png

#96 12/31/2020 at 03:35

Shadow Guard
CottonCandy
Unicorn Sidekick
CottonCandy

I meant to post this much earlier, but better late than never.

The Outfits
I'm very impressed with all the outfits. They all are very well done and I'm very happy to more outfits because the major issue I had with the Halloween event was there was not enough outfits.

The Nutcracker
This is a very cute outfit with my favorite pieces being the hair, shirt, and pants. The only thing I don't like is the baton, I would have liked it better if it didn't have that huge clunky mess at the top.

Ice Master
This outfit is absolutely amazing and one of my favorite outfits from the event. I love the cape, skins, icy hands, blouse, and shoulder pads. The only thing I'm disappointed with the outfit is that there is not any black hair. I spent way to much energy on getting all the skins and capes (I'm only missing two capes).

Pinpipou Caretaker
A cute outfit although I didn't try too hard to find the outfit pieces. I really like the hat and the Pinpipou that is leaned against Guardian.

Winter Faery
This is another outfit that I really love. I'm happy to see a fairy outfit because I've been really wanting one. I love the dress, sleeves, socks, necklace, atmosphere, and flower. I'm also glad to see some other wings.

Deer From Winter Outfit
This is probably my least favorite outfit with the only pieces I really like being the skin and hair.

Companions
The Pinpipou is super cute and I'm very curious what the Xozehf is going to look like when it evolves.

Illustration
The illustration is very cute but how is Koori lying in snow with her normal outfit? I would think she would be freezing.

Time Length
The length of time is perfect as it gives enough time to get most of the outfit pieces I wanted.

Drop Rate
Outfits
The drop rate for the outfits was decent although there were some times when I had around 15-20 pieces in a location and I came back empty handed despite having a high luck companion.

Bait
Very high drop rate.

Companions
The drop rate for the companions was a bit too low with Xozehf being very hard to find for me.

See Beemoov, you can make a really good event. This event was perfect with a good amount of clothing and a good time length. The only minor complaints I have is that the drop rate of the companions was low and the occasional low drop rate for clothing and also apparently there was a bug that prevented the Pinpipou atmosphere from being found and was only patched recently. Overall this was a really good event and I hope Beemoov hears the praise from it and continues to follow in these footsteps.

http://78.media.tumblr.com/0a65eebd3afbdde2f0112e22e14133f1/tumblr_opjgm7m6dx1vsjtkfo4_540.gif

#97 12/31/2020 at 07:04

Shadow Guard
Saby-chan
Rookie
Saby-chan

Can anyone let me know where to find that stupid sleeping penguin for the caretaker outfit?It's the only thing I miss to complete the event.

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2337/2337545buh84sv1ie.png

#98 12/31/2020 at 10:04

Shadow Guard
Salem
The Answer to Everything
Salem

Malva wrote

Although I'm really happy with the modality of the event, but like for most of you, it was ruined for me by the low drop rate.
Especially in this server there are 5-6 explorations in a row when I don't find anything, even in locations I haven't really used since the beginning of the event. And I've seen only two companions adding the experiences of the two sever I'm playing on.
Don't speaking about little blows, like 0 potions for me in the bundles during the event. /static/img/forum/smilies/neutral.png

I have to agree with you. Its more often my companion comes back with nothing than something, even if I have 0 items from the location I sent them to.
9/10 times My companion comes back empty handed, and its the same results when I use potions as well.
Quite irritating /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

S  o     y  o  u ' r  e     a  f  r  a  i  d     o  f     t  h  e     d  a  r  k  ?
https://i.imgur.com/igITi8P.gif
W  e  l  l     d  o  n  t     w  o  r  r  y     c  h  i  l  d   ,   f o  r     I     w  i  l  l     l  e  a  d    y  o  u     t  o     t  h  e     l  i  g  h  t

#99 12/31/2020 at 16:42

Shadow Guard
Linoa
Guard in Training
Linoa

The outfits are beautiful, and the companions are cool, though the penguin is cuter ^_^

Happy holidays everyone!

ღ ❀ ℓιησα ❀ ღ

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/2b/Mog_FF6.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100705051012

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 4