Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

#51 12/18/2018 at 16:42

Obsidian Guard
Shintarou
Just Arrived
Shintarou

@Diamond, literally no one tried to shove their opinion of "It's ugly" down anyone's throat. Actually, I could say that those who seem to like the outfits are trying to shove it down on those who don't like it.
It's also rich of you to preach "politeness" on here, now.
@Rae, since you mentioned having an account on Like a Fashionista (two months... and a half?), I have been playing. The outfits there and the effort will never amount to the halfheartedly job they do on here.
@Mao, finally someone with their head between their shoulders. Thanks, even though I have to mention that some used the word "ugly". I guess no one expected this hurtful, awful, impolite word to hurt so many delicate sensibilities.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8d6df0a52db167a08300dfcf06fbe1eb/tumblr_inline_mvsujxKIbC1qk1or3.gif

#52 12/18/2018 at 16:46

Obsidian Guard
Valaena
Guard in Training
Valaena

@Maoyui
I'm not saying they can't complain or express their distaste. Just that there are better ways of doing it that saying "It's ugly."

Shintarou wrote

And instead of hiding, you should come forward and @ the people you disagree with. Eg. me, probably Ieyasu, since we both dared to use the word "ugly".

I was addressing the fandom. Yes, you and Leyasu were the ones that made those comments. Should I have pointed you out? I am trying to correct that mistake. I am addressing you @Shintarou. I must say I am surprised at what lengths you went to write your... response. Since I have some time to kill I might as well reply.

Shintarou wrote

Some of you are so fragile, can't believe this.

For your information love, it's not called being fragile. It's called having basic manners and decency. Whoever designs these outfits might be hurt. But I'm afraid it is all too unfamiliar for you. Who cares about the feelings of others when you can say whatever you want.

Shintarou wrote

You can say it's rude all you want, but it's PERSONAL PREFERENCE and PERSONAL OPINION. And guess what, everyone has them and has the right to state it.

I'm glad you can at least acknowledge it's your opinion and not a fact. The way you stated it "It's ugly" does not sound like personal opinion. It sounds like you want everyone to accept the fact that it's ugly. Personal opinion would be "I think it's ugly." Which is fine, even though you could choose a better word.

Shintarou wrote

This thread was created EXACTLY for the purpose of people being free and able to tell what is on their mind.

No one questions that. It is the matter in which you express your opinion that is distasteful.

Shintarou wrote

Every single event has a person or ten that dislike the outfits or some of them. Why?
1. They don't like it. Shocking.
2. They have different taste. Shocking.
3. /gasp/ They might think differently. Shocking.
4. They are mature enough to discuss things and address them. They are not afraid to say what they think, the same way other shower the team in compliments and praises. Both are legit. Complains and criticism are good too. They can help. And they help.
5. This is a free space for everyone to express themselves.
6. People are damn tired and feed up with Beemoov. Some lash out, while others are more harsh for it.
And so on.

How is saying "The outfits are ugly" helping anyone? You don't even describe the reasons why you think so. You don't propose ideas to help change anything. If you did, I apologize, but I am certain I did not see anything of the sort from the comments you've made.
And I get that people are fed up with Beemov. I deleted my MCL account after the mess they created. I know Beemov can be unprofessional. I fail to see how this is related to the Beemov frustration whatsoever.

Shintarou wrote

I am writing all of this not to tell you to stop saying whatever you want, but because I can protect myself using words and I intend to do so.

I did not mean to offend you or attack you. I merely pointed out that what you say affects other people. But if you don't care, fine. I'll be sure to never address you again.

Shintarou wrote

And also because I think your entire conversation was... dumb?
"so mean : ( bad word, not nice" that's what it sounded to me.

Well, excuse me for sounding "dumb". I suppose it would be like proving that the sky is blue to a giraffe if I tell you that this was rude of you.

Shintarou wrote

Can you expect us write a well thought reply that shows our displeasure in the most respectful way possible while you are failing to do so in correspondingly?

Oh is pointing out that you were rude, rude of me? I sincerely apologize. Something you can't do, seeing as you think you are entitled to saying anything. Sayonara.

#53 12/18/2018 at 16:53

Shadow Guard
Maoyui
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Maoyui

Vivian wrote

"They didn't tell you to think it's ugly"

I've gotten messages in the past calling me an idiot for making a post saying  that I liked an item that a fair number of people said was "ugly." Not yet for this event, but it has happened in the past.

That's a problem (and hopefully you reported it), but that didn't happen here. Shintarou and anyone else can say something is ugly as long as they're not telling you or other people who like it that they should think the same~

@Valaena

That's true, of course, but if they want to  use the term "ugly", they're well within the right to do that and I think it's wrong to say people can't say what they think as long as they aren't bothering anyone else~

You wouldn't want anyone to come at another person for saying the outfits are perfect and beautiful, would you?

https://i.imgur.com/RlZjrzW.jpg

#54 12/18/2018 at 16:57

Absynthe Guard
Faybaby
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Faybaby

Well, everyone can have their opinion and their taste. But you can express it politely in my opinion and without upsetting players who actually think the outfits are great.

Also provoking players should stop RIGHT NOW, it will just cause more bad blood than neccessary for an event that is about Christmas, Hannukah and New Year's Eve (sorry if I missed out any other religious holidays from the listing).

Also this company tries to please everyone but you all know it is impossible thanks to the diversity of the playerbase. The outfits have less imagination but they are nowhere near ugly. The world is not white and black neither clothes or people, keep that in mind.
So whenever you guys write down something like: this is amazing or this is ugly holds nothing but a spark that can ignite a fire. If you say like: this is amazing, because they finally gave us swords that can be dual wielded or those furry sleeves might be amazing if they are not attached to the dress or that dress is kinda not my style since it's way too shiny, players will know what's your taste and might understand why you feel the way about a particular outfit. Saying all of them are trash is just insult to a playerbase and the designers since they may put effort into them.

Hopefully this will reach your understanding and Happy Holidays to all. Good luck for the companion/outfit hunting /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

"Love can be easy unless you are wicked." - Faybaby, Mistress of Malice
Link to external image

#55 12/18/2018 at 16:58

Shadow Guard
Vivian
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Vivian

Maoyui wrote

Vivian wrote

"They didn't tell you to think it's ugly"

I've gotten messages in the past calling me an idiot for making a post saying  that I liked an item that a fair number of people said was "ugly." Not yet for this event, but it has happened in the past.

That's a problem (and hopefully you reported it), but that didn't happen here. Shintarou and anyone else can say something is ugly as long as they're not telling you or other people who like it that they should think the same~

Never said a person can't express their opinion. Just agreed that the phrasing some are using is rude.

Last edited by Vivian (12/18/2018 at 16:59)

#56 12/18/2018 at 17:04

Obsidian Guard
Valaena
Guard in Training
Valaena

Maoyui wrote

That's true, of course, but if they want to  use the term "ugly", they're well within the right to do that and I think it's wrong to say people can't say what they think as long as they aren't bothering anyone else~

You wouldn't want anyone to come at another person for saying the outfits are perfect and beautiful, would you?

Thank you for being nice about it. I think the best way to go about it is just saying that you love the item. Or you think it's perfect. Make it clear that that's how you feel about it. Also saying that you think something is beautiful does not hurt anyone. Saying that you don't like something and explaining why doesn't hurt anyone either. But saying that something is ugly does, and it does not seem appropriate.

Anyway, I don't want to make any more posts on this. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything at all. Don't wanna ruin Holiday spirit, sorry if I dragged anyone into this mess.
Happy Holidays everyone!

#57 12/18/2018 at 17:12

Shadow Guard
Maoyui
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Maoyui

Valaena wrote

Thank you for being nice about it. I think the best way to go about it is just saying that you love the item. Or you think it's perfect. Make it clear that that's how you feel about it. Also saying that you think something is beautiful does not hurt anyone. Saying that you don't like something and explaining why doesn't hurt anyone either. But saying that something is ugly does, and it does not seem appropriate.

Anyway, I don't want to make any more posts on this. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything at all. Don't wanna ruin Holiday spirit, sorry if I dragged anyone into this mess.
Happy Holidays everyone!

We can agree to disagree~ As mentioned before, we're all free to express opinions whether positive or negative. I don't think we should only say something if it's positive. Silencing people and saying they can't think something is ugly or say such is unfair to those people. They can have their opinion that it's ugly and it shouldn't bother anyone else, just like it shouldn't bother them if you think something is nice~

At the end of the day, people should be free to express themselves as long as it's not forcing anything on anyone else or breaking any rule, which no one did from what I've seen, so everyone should be fine, IMO.

https://i.imgur.com/RlZjrzW.jpg

#58 12/18/2018 at 17:15

Obsidian Guard
DiamondDust
Guard Patrol
DiamondDust

https://media1.tenor.com/images/6c87299121046cf7499a090a9a309921/tenor.gif?itemid=4988552

Now chill tf out

https://i.imgur.com/Z56g1QF.png
Tifa forever ❤️ Aerith never

#59 12/18/2018 at 17:17

Recruit
Abaddon

These outfits are...something. (I don't want to judge too harsh since images are low res and I can't see everything well, and I don't know how separate parts look like. Maybe they match well with old stuff.)
I think the GC one looks the best (of course it does lol) and I LOVE the furry shawl & dress/skirt that goes with it. Other parts, not so much. I want to know what is going on with the 3rd outfit, because while the others have some decent pieces, that one is just...I think it's bad. Really bad. Is it creative? Yes. Does it look good? No. Kinda looks like a squid to be honest.
I also wonder if the swords are one piece or two, because it would be cool if they were separate. You could make nifty outfits with them. On the other hand getting both of them in the same color might be annoying.

On a more positive note - companions? Love them to bits. Hoping to get one.

he/him

#60 12/18/2018 at 17:20

Shadow Guard
lovelyjuliexo
Guard in Training
lovelyjuliexo

FINALLY OMG although ngl I hope some of the outfits aren’t ones we weren’t able to get last year

Last edited by lovelyjuliexo (12/18/2018 at 17:21)

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ad52213ed8e465916c071e00bc76fcde/tumblr_nim0m3ZdYG1s6bxzqo2_500.gif

#61 12/18/2018 at 17:30

Absynthe Guard
Seerah
Recruit
Seerah

so i take it the outfit from the facebook page.. wasnt a christmas outfit? i just assumed it was cause it was in front of a christmas bg.. if it wasnt a christmas outfit then what is it for?....too bad was looking forward to the eye makeup o-o

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
                   My Companions:
                 Mystique, Ciralak
                 Scarlet, Rowtsya
               Lamiria, Blobbiathan

#62 12/18/2018 at 17:48

Ystävänpäivävoittaja
Dazielle

http://i66.tinypic.com/2a69og2.jpg
@Seerah: The items from the FB photo are from this years Christmas outfits. But they used items from different outfits, and items that are not the most visible I guess. (Some players have already sorted out which item is from which outfit but I don't remember the result and I'm too lazy to check ^^') And I'm sure the eye makeup will be available at least in the shop, it's just not part of an outfit :)
http://i66.tinypic.com/nx3x0.jpg

Last edited by Dazielle (12/18/2018 at 17:49)

#63 12/18/2018 at 18:02

Obsidian Guard
Forte
Moderoija
Forte

One thing that came to my mind was the style of these outfits. Even if this is an Christmas event mostly, none of those outfits are too..christmasy. No red jackets or elf costumes. Personally, I think that's nice. Not everybody celebrates Christmas, and I think that creatures in Eldarya aren't either. So this suits in fantasy world better.

I'm grim, full of gloom in my dim gothic tomb.

#64 12/18/2018 at 18:10

Absynthe Guard
Vaihanai
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Vaihanai

http://i67.tinypic.com/dvsvn6.png
"If you can’t fly, then run
Today we will survive
If you can’t run, then walk
If you can’t walk, then crawl
Even if you have to crawl, gear up
Aim your gun! Ready! Fire!"

http://i68.tinypic.com/v33kee.png

Ok so thank you, I just wasted almost A WEEK WORTH OF FOOD. To be honest, this post would have been enough for me to inform of when the event will be, but a "save your companion's food" almost a week early and without further information really pisses me off... I hope they won't do this again in the future.

With this been said, let's talk about the clothes! They are... eh... original? Some of the items aren't really of my personal taste, but alas. I really like other items, especially the ones in the last outfit!
Even though, I feel that some items are drastically less detailed as others, and the contrast is weird. For example, in the cape in the GC outfit I think that the coloring work and design is really plain, as well as the crown in the same outfit, which doesn't have much dimension and to me looks like a paper crown with a poor shading. But some other like that fur, and the light work and hair in the last one are really well made.
I like the last hair, but the brown one of the fur outfit isn't that appealing to me, but maybe it's just the color.
So yeah, for me there are items which look so detailed and some others that not, and it just looks weird to me.
Also, I really like the last atmosphere =)

But, where is the short hairstyle of the Facebook "teaser"?? I hope it's not in the GC outfit :"(

And THE COMPANIONS. SO. FREAKING. CUTE. The fluffy one is just pure love. And the other one looks like a blowfish for sure, like mine! I love it.

Puffers <3

Looking forward for it to start!

http://i68.tinypic.com/v33kee.png
http://i63.tinypic.com/90r1nl.gif

https://i.imgur.com/KIMI9l3.jpg

#65 12/18/2018 at 18:19

Ystävänpäivävoittaja
Dazielle

http://i66.tinypic.com/2a69og2.jpg

Forte wrote

One thing that came to my mind was the style of these outfits. Even if this is an Christmas event mostly, none of those outfits are too..christmasy. No red jackets or elf costumes. Personally, I think that's nice. Not everybody celebrates Christmas, and I think that creatures in Eldarya aren't either. So this suits in fantasy world better.

I agree with you. I think these outfits are more wintery that christmasy and I really like that.
http://i66.tinypic.com/nx3x0.jpg

#66 12/18/2018 at 18:21

Shadow Guard
RegineA
Unicorn Sidekick
RegineA

A firm 9/10 from me. The outfit pieces look promising to play around with, and we won't get so clogged with older items. The companions are pretty, but not quite to my taste. However I look forward to collecting them and adding to my library.

#67 12/18/2018 at 18:38

Obsidian Guard
Countesszayna
Young Recruit
Countesszayna

Yes, finally! I've been waiting for the event to launch for days now. I do wish it were longer though. But it will be fun & the outfits look cute.

#68 12/18/2018 at 18:58

Shadow Guard
MilkTea
Soldier of the Guard
MilkTea

Definitely not the best events outfits they've put out. The shading on them--particularly on the Holy Knight(?)--looks a bit too harsh and stiff. But, some pieces are nice. I like that furry shawl and those poofy looking shorts.

The companions are cute though. I want that fluffy one. = v =

https://i.imgur.com/2p5K4EG.png

#69 12/18/2018 at 19:42

Shadow Guard
adiee
Just Arrived
adiee

Sucks for those, like myself, that are going on vacation and will miss the entire event. Such a bummer. Hopefully it's extended. If not, there's always next year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Outfits don't look very christmasy (if thats even a word lol) but they're still cute.

#70 12/18/2018 at 20:05

Shadow Guard
Hist0ria
Young Recruit
Hist0ria

You can't use your phone?

adiee wrote

Sucks for those, like myself, that are going on vacation and will miss the entire event. Such a bummer. Hopefully it's extended. If not, there's always next year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Outfits don't look very christmasy (if thats even a word lol) but they're still cute.

https://zupimages.net/up/19/08/fhec.gif

#71 12/18/2018 at 20:28

Absynthe Guard
Katina
Unicorn Sidekick
Katina

Finally! I’m so used to the holiday events lasting all month long. Not to sure how I feel about this years stuff, but hoping to get some of the old outfits and companions. I await tomorrow eagerly!

Yes, I am not wearing pants. No, I don't see it as a problem!

On the prowl for Event clothes! Message me if you need to sell something!

#72 12/18/2018 at 20:38

Shadow Guard
Ieyasu
Vanquised the Boobrie
Ieyasu

W O A H.
I didn't realize my word choice would trigger so many Guardians.

Valaena wrote

I'm not saying they can't complain or express their distaste. Just that there are better ways of doing it that saying "It's ugly."

Well, I agree with you that I could have used other words synonymous to "ugly." But I didn't. I didn't think it would be such a big deal to use the word "ugly" to express my thoughts on the outfits at the moment.

Also... I don’t want my comment to be misunderstood. I implied that my comment was completely subjective. I did not “[state] that something is ugly as a fact.”

But I'll keep your advice in mind in the future since I'm not here to offend.

Last edited by Ieyasu (12/18/2018 at 23:32)

https://64.media.tumblr.com/70f9049f03a221b3e47a53f9a1afa6f0/336e141fec56c4dc-82/s400x600/f538d82d2e7f875e6ea43bfe106869eaadc2f99f.gifvhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/3366a6ef7c84a4a2d644d5dfc797a8c9/336e141fec56c4dc-11/s400x600/a05a6590e4c11ae499b72a27e02a7f675efc0f8c.gifvhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/1ceb4320993c7888e7bf1f00afe1b1c8/336e141fec56c4dc-44/s400x600/657d203293286e5b687eaf1a0ec9104b18983b9d.gifv

#73 12/18/2018 at 20:46

Shadow Guard
Setaria
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Setaria

Hist0ria wrote

You can't use your phone?

adiee wrote

This website is not phone friendly :,)

https://i.imgur.com/mnEuKsb.png

#74 12/18/2018 at 23:51

Absynthe Guard
Meara
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Meara

Finally!
I managed to waste a good 80 energy waiting for this event to pop up but I'm happy it's finally here.
Like with the Halloween event at the surface I'm not really into it as much as I hoped? I do really like the two exclusive outfits and absolutely adore the companions but the majority I'm a bit underwhelmed. Hopefully when it actually releases and we see the separate parts my enthusiasm will be brought up. I still look forward to seeing the items (mostly the hair) that was shown on the facebook page.

Siggy by the talented @Shabina
http://i.imgur.com/8paymhe.gif

#75 12/19/2018 at 00:47

Obsidian Guard
Sijia
Recruit
Sijia

I am ready-- only... 4 more hours?

"Acts of goodness are not always wise, and acts of evil are not always foolish, but regardless, we shall always strive to be good." - Martyr Logarius

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8