Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 ... 6

#1 04/22/2020 at 05:02

Light Guard
Eldarya
Oracle
Eldarya

Hello Guardians!

This month, new things are coming to the market and your inventory!

>> AN UPDATED MARKET

The Purrekos have put a new exchange system into place at the market.
Starting today, for every item that you sell, a deposit will be collected.
The deposit will vary depending on the auction time you choose.
Additionally, you can now sell an object at the market for 6 hours.

Note from Purral:
Hello beautiful! Ready for an auction? You know the new rules, right?
If you sell an item, you will need to make a deposit. However, if you purchase an item, the entirety of what you pay will be given to the seller: we don’t take any more commissions.
We’ve also added a few pieces of advice via a “Help” pop-up.
You can access it via the “?” button at the top right of the Market page.

>> A NEW CLOSET

Purriry took a little look through your closet, and took advantage of her visit to tidy up a bit!

Now, for every element you own, you will be able to see the first color variation you acquired. Click on the element to view the other color variations you may own.
Consequently, to improve visibility only one color will be visible in your closet!

Purriry definitely understood that you like to change your outfits regularly and test new combinations. So, she made a little space in her shop so that you can store your most beautiful outfit creations.
You can now save your favorite outfits thanks to the little star at the right of your Guardian on the “My Appearance” page.

Note from Purriry:
My dear! I’ve made some space for you in my shop so you can store your favorite outfits! That way if you want to wear an outfit that you previously created you just have to click on it!
Unfortunately I only can only give you one spot… But if you want to save more outfits, I’m sure that we’ll be able to find a solution that will benefit the both of us.
On that note, you might want to start storing your old clothes somewhere, for example, in a sort of… attic? I opened one just for you! You can access it via theAttic button on the “My Appearance” page.

https://www.beemoov.com/documents/jpg/2020-04/forum-5e870a66ec460.jpg

Have a nice day on Eldarya!

#2 04/22/2020 at 05:25

Shadow Guard
Zanillia
Recruit
Zanillia

Beyond grateful for the new closet features. Finally, I can save my outfits, and put away things that I never use. My attic is now the "This won't sell, and I don't wear it" corner. Out of sight, out of mind. Good changes, there.

#3 04/22/2020 at 05:31

Absynthe Guard
LupusDemone
Just Arrived
LupusDemone

Finally I can just put away all the junk in my closet that I never wear nor does anyone buy them from me in the market : D T.H.A.N.K.Y.O.U!

https://media.giphy.com/media/jZeyQyrCm83As/giphy.gif

#4 04/22/2020 at 05:47

Shadow Guard
Vivian
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Vivian

I'm sure everyone will appreciate the attic, and ability to save outfits.

I personally appreciate the market changes. The deposit you have to pay to sell an item correlates to the price you want to sell it for and the time it will be up for auction. This means fewer people placing items on the market with ridiculous BIN prices.

#5 04/22/2020 at 05:47

Obsidian Guard
Catheriine
Just Arrived
Catheriine

I'm really happy for the new closet features (sad that I can save only one outfit and next slot cots me 900 maanas or 15 gold coins - hahaha! XD) But changes with market are just... nah. This desposit is awful in my opinion. Why I should pay for selling items? XD Like... god please. xD It's so funny and horrible at the same time. Someone who wants to sell something new or old - just an item - and unfortunately it didn't sell at least costs YOUR MAANA and at the end of the story - you are left with nothing. So for example you wanna sell something for 500 maanas or 1000 maanas? Fine. You need to pay desposit which cost you at least 100+ maanas. Price depends on length of auction which means - the more time the more maanas you will pay. Seems good, right? In spoiler you have some screens. Enjoy guys! Btw sorry for any mistakes in grammar or something like that.

Spoiler Click to display

https://i.imgur.com/WkfkH1o.png

#6 04/22/2020 at 06:06

Shadow Guard
OpalOcelote
Just Arrived
OpalOcelote

Just sayin, but the new market desposit roles will KILL the market!  /static/img/forum/smilies/mad.png

#7 04/22/2020 at 06:16

Shadow Guard
Ashelin
Ystävänpäivävoittaja
Ashelin

I haven't really used the market, so can't really say anything about that. I think that both @catheriine and @Vivian had good points tough.

But the closet... OK, the attic is awesome, love it, but the 'You can only see one color variation for each element' thingy is kind of annoying...  Let's say you put some eyes on your avatar. You only have one color variation of those eyes but you still have to click the 'color option window' open and then click the eyes again. Only to realize that those other eyes would have been better... So you go back and do the same thin again and again... Lots of going back and forth is what I'm getting at.

It may work better when you actually have lots of color variations of the element but let's be real... Most of those clothes are exactly the ones that get thrown to the attic.

So yeah, this was my cup of tea :D What do you guys think of this?

Boom! Sudden appearance!

#8 04/22/2020 at 07:11

Absynthe Guard
Vixen
Guard in Training
Vixen

I think having to pay the deposit takes the point out of the market a bit - the whole point of it is to sell your items if you don't have money. Users who already have little maana will probably choose to not sell rather than pay a deposit. I can see this decreasing the amount of items being put up. To sum it up: it's a kind of mechanic that won't affect the rich but will affect the poor.
However, the deposits do seem pretty low depending on the price you decide to sell for.

I like the idea of saving outfits! But we only get one slot for free... this makes it sound less exciting. Realistically we should at least get 3 slots and then be asked to pay. Having one outfit saved is good but there isn't much point if we can only save one.

The Attic is a nice idea for separating unwanted items from wanted items - but I do wish we could select the Attic to sell from in the market. That way it could be a super useful feature - separating what we want to keep from what we could potentially sell.

Lastly, the idea of merging all the colour variations is also nice - but could be improved upon. My inventory is huge, I don't exactly remember which items I own 1 colour variation of or 10. If each item had a small icon in the corner - to indicate it offers more variations - or a number telling us how many colour variation of said item you own - that would greatly improve the feature.

Thank you for putting in the effort to change the game for the better. <3 Looking forward to seeing how these new features will affect the market.

https://i.imgur.com/qofRrWL.gif

#9 04/22/2020 at 07:17

Obsidian Guard
Esstelle
Just Arrived
Esstelle

Will the deposit be returned if the item doesn't sell?

Ooh, and edited to add: I don't mind paying for extra outfit storage space, and I think it's a good compromise given that the company needs to make $.

But having the closet space increase in price as you buy more is off-putting to those who would otherwise be willing to do it. I was going to use all of my gold to purchase slots, but I stopped when the price went up. It felt like being penalized for trying to support you.

Last edited by Esstelle (04/22/2020 at 07:27)

#10 04/22/2020 at 08:26

Obsidian Guard
Yam
Soldier of the Guard
Yam

Vixen wrote

To sum it up: it's a kind of mechanic that won't affect the rich but will affect the poor.
However, the deposits do seem pretty low depending on the price you decide to sell for.

Although, I have to admit that I'm a lil' bit on the rich side, this new market affect me greatly.
I earned less than 60 maana per day from the market & they want to take that from me? Pfttt..! Pathetic business-model

Lemme guess, Beemoov wanted to stop players from getting extra maana & what we really really need, it's just so that we buy maana from the bank.
Why would you ruin one of the few good features in the game?

https://i.postimg.cc/Dw49jKrk/solidarity.png

#11 04/22/2020 at 08:29

Shadow Guard
Dizzy4483
Recruit
Dizzy4483

I like the closet idea, now I can get rid of things I can't sell, thanks.

The saved oufits feature could be a nice idea if we didn't have to pay for it - I'll stick to taking screenshots, thanks.

I like the 6 hours market slot, as I can get rid of items more quickly instead of waiting 12 hours, but I think letting us have more sales at once would benefit the market more - the market on the French server works much better, as there is more choice of items (due to there being more players), which also keeps the prices down.

I don't like the market seller pays deposit idea, it seems really unfair if the item doesn't sell (many items don't sell), and will definitely put people off selling their items.  Which will then make it harder for people trying to buy things from the market, as they will have less choice and the prices will probably rise.

#12 04/22/2020 at 08:37

Shadow Guard
Zatara
Unicorn Sidekick
Zatara

I usually do not comment, however this update, except for a few things, is bad for all players.

Save outfit: You have one free save outfit. You can buy 2 more spots (each one for 15 gold coins or 900 maana). So, you can save 3 outfits, however that will cost you.

Market: Players need to wait 1hr to immediately buy. Now you place a deposit if you want to sell (I bet that if the item didn't sell you lose the deposit). It affects all players, and especially hurts the players with low maana.
Instead, they should have added the option to trade directly with other players, and leave the rest of the market as it is. This new update just makes the market worse.

Closet: Only shows you one color of the item and you have to click to see the other colors. Its ok, just annoying to have extra clicks.

Attic: This is actually useful. Helps to get rids of items you don't want/use.

The market update is one of the worst things they have done in a while. I think that it will lead to less sales, and people making less money. Also, I don't know if this is a glitch, but I just put an item for sale to test the market and on the auction section, the item does not appear, so I cannot cancel the auction.

#13 04/22/2020 at 08:57

Absynthe Guard
Vixen
Guard in Training
Vixen

Yam wrote

Although, I have to admit that I'm a lil' bit on the rich side, this new market affect me greatly.
I earned less than 60 maana per day from the market & they want to take that from me? Pfttt..! Pathetic business-model
I've been selling my unwanted items since March and have nearly 4k maana saved up - but a lot of what I put up doesn't sell on my first listing or at all. So now I'm hesitant to keep up the selling as it might result in me just losing all my savings. It definitely does seem like a push to get players to buy more maana, I agree with you there. ;-;

#14 04/22/2020 at 09:29

Shadow Guard
Teyutzz
Young Recruit
Teyutzz

I can finally sort the clothes that I actually wear and like from the ''meh'' ones .Thank you so much ! <3

Last edited by Teyutzz (04/22/2020 at 09:30)

#15 04/22/2020 at 09:52

Absynthe Guard
Cazza182
Just Arrived
Cazza182

I agree with the other comments - this is quite the bittersweet update.
I think there have been calls for something akin to the "Attic" for a while now, so that is a welcome feature.

However, I think the changes to the market are rubbish! If they think it's going to "force" people to want to spend more $$$ to get manaa, they are wrong. There are so many FTP (free-to-play) members of this game out there, and they are most likely playing that way because they can't, or really don't want to, spend any money.
Consequently, the only way to really earn the manaa needed for episodes is by selling stuff at the market, especially event items earned by free exploration.

I'll be boycotting the market until they remove the "deposit" requirement and return it to the previous status quo; a taxable amount added to prices on items based on a certain percentage. This is very similar to VAT in real life, and not unreasonable for a buyer to pay. Most probably aren't even aware of this if they haven't paid attention while buying/ selling themselves.

So, Beemoov, thank you for this update. I know you mean well, but please return the market to how it was. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I realised I forgot about the 6 hr addition in the market. That's cool, you can keep that bit. Everything else should revert though!

Last edited by Cazza182 (04/22/2020 at 09:57)

#16 04/22/2020 at 09:53

Obsidian Guard
Yam
Soldier of the Guard
Yam

Vixen wrote

I've been selling my unwanted items since March and have nearly 4k maana saved up - but a lot of what I put up doesn't sell on my first listing or at all. So now I'm hesitant to keep up the selling as it might result in me just losing all my savings. It definitely does seem like a push to get players to buy more maana, I agree with you there. ;-;

--- I tend to build up slowly. If they think the new deposit is good for Eldarya, I'm not sure I want to play the way they want us to play (I love doing replays & because of that, I need to save a lot - but after this, not even possible to do replays anymore)

On top of that, this new "tweak" prohibits anyone to test the market since you must spend your maana for every single test (the main question remain, "Are you sure anyone wants to buy them at all?").
My prediction is the players won't stick around.
Not enough maana = No buyer
No profit = No seller

Last edited by Yam (05/05/2020 at 21:27)

https://i.postimg.cc/Dw49jKrk/solidarity.png

#17 04/22/2020 at 10:37

Shadow Guard
Ieyasu
Vanquised the Boobrie
Ieyasu

I am sorry but what is this BS about the market?
Great job putting another nail in the coffin.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/70f9049f03a221b3e47a53f9a1afa6f0/336e141fec56c4dc-82/s400x600/f538d82d2e7f875e6ea43bfe106869eaadc2f99f.gifvhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/3366a6ef7c84a4a2d644d5dfc797a8c9/336e141fec56c4dc-11/s400x600/a05a6590e4c11ae499b72a27e02a7f675efc0f8c.gifvhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/1ceb4320993c7888e7bf1f00afe1b1c8/336e141fec56c4dc-44/s400x600/657d203293286e5b687eaf1a0ec9104b18983b9d.gifv

#18 04/22/2020 at 10:48

Obsidian Guard
Minah
Vanquished a Chicken
Minah

Finally, some editions to the wardrobe players have been asking for ages.
Let's see how the deposit thing will work...

EDIT: Well, at least I can sell food for the deposit of 0 mana so I am not losing anything.

When it comes to other items such as eggs and clothes, I will have to see if I really want to sell those in the future now. Besides the food part, this will most likely make players think twice before selling something at the market which might make this a lot worse than it already was ( and it wasn't great at all ).

Last edited by Minah (04/22/2020 at 10:54)

#19 04/22/2020 at 10:49

Obsidian Guard
Larjus
Moderoija
Larjus

I like the idea about the attic (though I personally will probably never use it), and I have mixed feelings for this "you can see only one colour version of each piece of clothing/hair/etc.". It was pretty annoying to scroll several rows of hairstyles and clothes, but I'm not fond of extra clicks  /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png It takes some time to get used to it.

And about the market... We have to pay to sell items? What the... No Beemoov, no, that's a very bad idea. I rarely sell anything on the market (usually just companion eggs if I get multiples of a same species), but with this change I definitely won't sell anything. I don't want to lose maana, we were supposed to earn maana with the market. This change will most likely make the market even more quiet place than ever.

6-hour selling time is a nice addition, but with this new deposit bs it won't affect me...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/685/31465552994_5cc23c60a2_o.png

#20 04/22/2020 at 10:52

Shadow Guard
CottonCandy
Unicorn Sidekick
CottonCandy

To start the sorting is nice and will be a great way to get to  outfit pieces quicker. I'm not a huge fan of having to click twice in order to see that outfit's color variants, but that's just me, I'm sure a lot of people like the feature. Saving an outfit seems kinda pointless to me and having to pay for more slots is a bit ridiculous, although I don't care much since I'm probably never going to use the feature. The best feature is the attic were we can finally store unwanted clothes, but someone mentioned on Tumblr that they are getting the items they store in the attic again by exploration. I haven't tested it to confirm it, but if it's true I hope it gets fixed because the attic is the best feature they added.

Having a 6 hour slot is nice. But now is the worst feature they added; making us pay to sell our items. First I decided to test whether or not you could get your money back if you cancelled, and I didn't get my money back when I tried it (don't worry I only lost 1 maana) so why the hell would anyone sell anything if there's a chance to lose money?! Seems like Beemoov realized that the alchemy wasn't being the maana sinker they wanted for players and decided to mess with the market... AGAIN! And speaking of messing with the market first was increasing the episode and level in order to access the market which made the pages go from hundreds of pages to only around 100, now we're probably only going to have 10 pages. Beemoov essentially put a nail in the coffin for the market, which I guess isn't a surprise since they probably hate the fact that we can make 1,000s of maana off of it.

http://78.media.tumblr.com/0a65eebd3afbdde2f0112e22e14133f1/tumblr_opjgm7m6dx1vsjtkfo4_540.gif

#21 04/22/2020 at 10:55

Shadow Guard
Zatara
Unicorn Sidekick
Zatara

I just wanted to add...there are ppl who are still playing this game for the market, which will suffer after this update. If this is an attempt to get ppl to buy maana/gold (since events and episodes can be very costly), it might entice some, however most will be turned off. I was still playing this game for the market/events/clothes, however the market was the biggest factor. I know that you have to make money, but this is not the way. This is how you keep furthur disappointing ppl and leading them to quit this game entirely, and to stay away from all your other games.

#22 04/22/2020 at 11:05

Absynthe Guard
Vixen
Guard in Training
Vixen

Yam wrote

Well... I've got more than 100k maana & I tend to build up slowly. If they think the new deposit is good for Eldarya, I'm not sure I want to play the way they want us to play (I love doing replays & because of that, I need to save a lot - but after this, not even possible to do replays anymore)

I mostly play for events and rarely ever play the episodes because they seem to cost so much. I was hoping to save up more maana to maybe play another episode but with this new update I don't think that will be possible. This update was probably not thought out well enough before they published it.

I've decided to hold off from selling until we get more clarity or they tweak it or they change it back. They deposit should be paid back if a user cancels the listing or it doesn't get bought - that's the only way I can see the new system barely managing to work.

#23 04/22/2020 at 11:30

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

For me, the deposit doesn't make sense. Why shoud I have to pay because no one wanted to buy my item? The people who tried to sell items for +100k sure won't be doing it anymore, but they weren't doing any harm, in fact, for me it was fun to see those ridicolous prices. And for the people who used it to cheat the drop rate, it only worked in the summer event, when you could only find one item of each until you finished the event, in the normal exploration it doesn't matter how many items you have.

Having only one color variation on display is a nice thing, but did it cost you so much to copy the code of the shops and add the number of variations you have? And going to the attic is a one way path. When you are there there is no way to get back to the closet unless you go to other page and go back to "change your appearance".

Goodbye

It's been a pleasure serving in the guard with you all, but it's time for me to leave.
Hope you all have a wonderful time here in the lands of El.

Concept Art Suggestions
My Interactive Adventure: Don't worry, I will find the best treasure...Or not...

#24 04/22/2020 at 11:59

Shadow Guard
TrafalgarNeo
Rookie
TrafalgarNeo

I bet the market will go dead now because of this STUPID change. Thanks a lot, Beemoov!

Though I'm not surprised they did this. They're trying to force people into pay real money. If you're going to do this WHY both making FREE TO PLAY games?? Just make pay to play games to begin with.

Last edited by TrafalgarNeo (04/22/2020 at 12:04)

#25 04/22/2020 at 12:51

Absynthe Guard
Mediena
Young Recruit
Mediena

I feel like the market deposit rule is something that benefits beemoov but not us as players. It's kinda obvious it's a rule put in place to make players spend more real money. The closet update is nice though. I guess something had to be done to offset the market rule.

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 ... 6