Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5

#26 10/28/2021 at 09:59

Shadow Guard
Saby-chan
Rookie
Saby-chan

Going at it again with the copyright infringements, aren't we Beemove? And it's already the 2nd time they did it this year with Disney's property (first was summer event's Ariel heavily inspired MCL outfit) and this time they didn't even try to hide it. They just copy pasted the whole Loki character design onto Guardian...

So much for the soo called "originality" they swore upon 1 year ago when I accused them of plagiarizing some other character (which now doesn't feel as farfetched anymore with the latest incidents of them using copyrighted material without the owner's consent). Care to explain Beemove?

https://i.ibb.co/qkDDtW9/Untitled.png

What happened with the whole "were unique" thing? Was it all a lie? What else are you guys lying about straight in our faces?/static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

Last edited by Saby-chan (10/28/2021 at 10:00)

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2337/2337545buh84sv1ie.png

#27 10/28/2021 at 10:22

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

It's not copyright infringement if they're not making money off it. If the Loki outfit was a bank outfit that would be infringement.
And honestly, they're not even based on America, so i don't know how that affects the law either.

Though i don't personally care either way because i love loki's outfit.
Disney sure doesn't need help anyway.

I LOVE the lava outfit. I'm actually amazed that it's the free outfit. Normally they'd make that behind a paywall as a bank outfit.

I like that they're finding different incentives to have people get the bank outfit than it being the coolest looking one. Like making it a lance outfit. I'm fine with that if i can get that amazing lava outfit.

Last edited by brokenendings (10/28/2021 at 10:33)

#28 10/28/2021 at 10:47

Shadow Guard
cadibug34
Recruit
cadibug34

This is confusing as hell but thanks anyways...

☉∪☉ I Watch You While You Sleep ☉∪☉
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/711/481/64e.gif

#29 10/28/2021 at 10:59

Shadow Guard
siboniaxia
Just Arrived
siboniaxia

Omg I love the Loki outfit. He's the best. /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

#30 10/28/2021 at 11:00

Absynthe Guard
bletsken
Young Recruit
bletsken

So I'm a bit confused about the story part? It seemed to cost one action to start the story and another one when I made a (wrong) choice, so there went today's two actions for nothing /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

Apparently it costs one action to retry it so guess I'll see tomorrow what happens. But at this rate it seems near impossible to collect all the outfit pieces in 7 days...oh well. At least the exploration seems to work fine now.

Here were some posts about paying GC to continue or change story, but didn't even see such an option (though it would probably cost more GC than I'd be willing to spend anyway xD).

EDIT: Hmm, seems to have been a bug, now I got to retry the dialogue for my second "action", after which the GC option was visible. Of course I got it wrong again :-D

Last edited by bletsken (10/28/2021 at 12:20)

#31 10/28/2021 at 11:40

Obsidian Guard
Larjus
Moderoija
Larjus

bletsken wrote

Here were some posts about paying GC to continue or change story, but didn't even see such an option (though it would probably cost more GC than I'd be willing to spend anyway xD).

It's 25 gold coins, which is a lot.

Since I'm a busy adult with work and stuff, all the problems were already fixed when I was finally able to start this event. It seems fine, though I gotta admit, I've always hated these "pick the correct answer to get the prize" types of events. They're usually almost impossible to complete unless you're very lucky with your answers or spend the game credits. But at least it seems more simple now than in some previous events... I also like the overall idea, with the ghost/spooky stories and such.

The Lava Child outfit looks very nice! I'm very glad it's one of the free ones. I don't really care for the Loki or Ashkore outfits, so it's fine if I don't find the pieces for one or buy gold/maana to get the other one.

The community meter companion seems very nice, and I really hope we get it. If I miss the other one, that's ok. I'm happy if I find it, but I won't spend my time or money for it.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/685/31465552994_5cc23c60a2_o.png

#32 10/28/2021 at 11:56

Shadow Guard
HeartKiller
Soldier of the Guard
HeartKiller

Edit because I hate to see my comments used for the sake of preformative social justice. For mad words, deaf ears.
----------

I don't have much to comment on the event. The free outfit is nice. I don't really care for the exploration event but I know some people that are really happy about and of course the bank outfit was done for maximum profit but I feel quite sad that we got Ashkore (after years and a whole season) buy we didn't get something from Valkyon, Ezarel, Nevra, Leiftan...

Last edited by HeartKiller (10/28/2021 at 17:07)

IF YOU'RE NOT AFFECTED, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION
https://i.imgur.com/sa5Ek18.gif

#33 10/28/2021 at 12:10

Obsidian Guard
Nifany
Guard in Training
Nifany

I dont get why people are so pressed about the loki outfit as if disney created loki. They didn't Loki was part of Norse mythology before walt disney himself was born. Furthermore Disney does the same crap of stealing things from other cultures and making money off it. they legit tried to copyright the day of the dead. so if eldarya is "stealing from disney" like go off who cares. Plus the outfit looks cool and it will be fun to do a cosplay of a popular character.

Last edited by Nifany (10/28/2021 at 12:11)

If only I had this much clothing in real life

#34 10/28/2021 at 12:19

Shadow Guard
Vivian
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Vivian

Nifany wrote

I dont get why people are so pressed about the loki outfit as if disney created loki. They didn't Loki was part of Norse mythology before walt disney himself was born. Furthermore Disney does the same crap of stealing things from other cultures and making money off it. they legit tried to copyright the day of the dead. so if eldarya is "stealing from disney" like go off who cares. Plus the outfit looks cool and it will be fun to do a cosplay of a popular character.

They tried to copyright Loki as well. They were denied in court because Loki is an old Norse god.

Disney goes a little crazy over the idea of copyright protecting everything they can.
Maybe their content that include their version of the character are copyright protected in their name, but Loki himself is NOT their property.

#35 10/28/2021 at 12:28

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Vivian wrote

Nifany wrote

They tried to copyright Loki as well. They were denied in court because Loki is an old Norse god.

Disney goes a little crazy over the idea of copyright protecting everything they can.
Maybe their content that include their version of the character are copyright protected in their name, but Loki himself is NOT their property.

that's true about the character. though I'm sure they can copyright specific costume designs.

but i said in an earlier post that I don't think copyright laws apply even to the costume design when they're not selling the design for profit. We can get it without spending real money, so I think they're completely safe anyway.

#36 10/28/2021 at 12:34

Obsidian Guard
Minah
Vanquished a Chicken
Minah

Thanks.
I find the new companions really cute.

The packed map doesn't really make me want to start exploring but I really want the food, baits, and companion.

#37 10/28/2021 at 13:13

Absynthe Guard
Fantasia
Alchemy Apprentice
Fantasia

Um...okay, wow, the outfits are really subpar this year in my opinion, it doesn't look like the game team put in much of an effort. -_-

I'm just not getting a Halloweey vibe from ANY of the looks, and it's not an engaging idea to use an Origin Villain theme for the bank outfit--definitely not something that I'll be going for at this event.

Literally, all the team has to do in making good events would be to listen to the suggestions of the players, but, once again, it looks like the option they went with was the one that requires the least amount of effort and yet makes a decent-ish cash grab. Congrats. >.<

https://64.media.tumblr.com/f4f7d06660e5c0e77e3df9d082bb0e44/tumblr_ocgxq8SEau1rah7qto1_500.gif

#38 10/28/2021 at 13:28

Shadow Guard
Maoyui
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Maoyui

The outfits and Companion are rather meh so I'm in no real rush to complete this thing.

https://i.imgur.com/RlZjrzW.jpg

#39 10/28/2021 at 14:38

Shadow Guard
Saby-chan
Rookie
Saby-chan

Vivian wrote

Nifany wrote

Loki the God from norse mythology might not be Disney's property, but the Marvel design of the character is. Even if it's a free outfit this time around, it still does not excuse that Beemove literally stole someone else's design and claimed as their own original concept (as long as the original source had not been credited and nowhere on the site does it say that it was inspired by existing media, it's categorized as theft since they imply it as their own property despite it's not).

Just because other Otome games do this trend it is still not a valid excuse for forgiving someone for stealing other's original works and some other IPs at least have the decency to state on the event page that the used concept design belongs to the show/movie X.

Someone out there probably worked hours on end to come up with this concept design for Loki's character in the Marvel movies and the Disney+ original series featuring him, so it's unfair to that person to have their design stolen by some obscure company that's been doing morally wrong things time and time again. Just because something is "free", does not excuse the crime behind it and it disgusts me that people actually use this as an excuse to encourage Beemove and other companies to continue with such practices.

Say it wasn't Disney, but maybe an anime. Would you guys have still been okay with this ordeal? Just so you know, people in Japan get underpaid for creating amazing and unique works of animation, character designs and stories, with some even dying at their work places to provide us with beautiful iconic figures! So is it fair for them to have random companies profiting off of their works while the original creators get 0 cents from it?!

Even for this "free" outfit, Beemove still gets money from ads and the page activity since getting the exploration outfit requires a lot of time spent on the site's webpage, so there is no guarantee that these scums get no money off of this stolen design!

Last edited by Saby-chan (10/28/2021 at 14:42)

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2337/2337545buh84sv1ie.png

#40 10/28/2021 at 14:54

Shadow Guard
TeodoraCV
Rookie
TeodoraCV

Saby-chan wrote

Vivian wrote

Nifany wrote

Loki the God from norse mythology might not be Disney's property, but the Marvel design of the character is. Even if it's a free outfit this time around, it still does not excuse that Beemove literally stole someone else's design and claimed as their own original concept (as long as the original source had not been credited and nowhere on the site does it say that it was inspired by existing media, it's categorized as theft since they imply it as their own property despite it's not).

Just because other Otome games do this trend it is still not a valid excuse for forgiving someone for stealing other's original works and some other IPs at least have the decency to state on the event page that the used concept design belongs to the show/movie X.

Someone out there probably worked hours on end to come up with this concept design for Loki's character in the Marvel movies and the Disney+ original series featuring him, so it's unfair to that person to have their design stolen by some obscure company that's been doing morally wrong things time and time again. Just because something is "free", does not excuse the crime behind it and it disgusts me that people actually use this as an excuse to encourage Beemove and other companies to continue with such practices.

Say it wasn't Disney, but maybe an anime. Would you guys have still been okay with this ordeal? Just so you know, people in Japan get underpaid for creating amazing and unique works of animation, character designs and stories, with some even dying at their work places to provide us with beautiful iconic figures! So is it fair for them to have random companies profiting off of their works while the original creators get 0 cents from it?!

Even for this "free" outfit, Beemove still gets money from ads and the page activity since getting the exploration outfit requires a lot of time spent on the site's webpage, so there is no guarantee that these scums get no money off of this stolen design!

You took the words out of my mouth. I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for explaining so other people can understand better.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiwMFfFR165UNHWlltQQz3-n-3mHOfcLTE17AB3uCXcF8ZeraV24RQLsThKM-GFJS6lp7BxII7wbuITF1pI72zd8nCHvBXadsYUoTbu2Wd7mJySfS7JgXHLx5BHDaZg2xfs8tUAS3d2ROaLvP2FVuB8ki5w7-rcfevM1j_6Bf3vTImndUhFUmwIZjZd-28/s600/Untitled-1.png

#41 10/28/2021 at 15:33

Absynthe Guard
Autumn_Shadows
Unicorn Sidekick
Autumn_Shadows

I usually get really excited for the Halloween event but the outfits for this event seem a little boring. Although it seems like the different parts of the outfits would make some really cool accessories.

It almost seems like the company just came up with some last minute ideas for this event or maybe they're just struggling with creativity since they have done many different Halloween themes in the past. At least the lava companion seems really cute! I love the colors of the other companion (the horse looking one) but my god seeing all those legs almost made me feel uncomfortable!

https://media.giphy.com/media/eBp1cuy9MdmEaUjP4b/giphy.gif

#42 10/28/2021 at 16:48

Absynthe Guard
Witchchylde
Rookie
Witchchylde

As if I'm not getting the Trickster outfit in the green set!

#43 10/28/2021 at 17:58

Shadow Guard
TrafalgarNeo
Rookie
TrafalgarNeo

brokenendings wrote

It's not copyright infringement if they're not making money off it. If the Loki outfit was a bank outfit that would be infringement.
And honestly, they're not even based on America, so i don't know how that affects the law either.

Here in America it's illegal whether you make money or not. Disney, for one, is a shark when it comes to copyright infringement. They've even copyrighted their buildings.

I have no idea that was possible until I tried draw one  of their buildings for one of my college illustration classes.

Though many people get away with selling artwork that features a copyrighted character, especially anime characters. In the end it really depends on who the character(s) belong to whether they take legal action or not. I believe some don't mind fans selling fan artwork as they will see it as free publicity.

#44 10/29/2021 at 00:10

Shadow Guard
lovelyjuliexo
Guard in Training
lovelyjuliexo

omg the outfits and companions look great?!

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ad52213ed8e465916c071e00bc76fcde/tumblr_nim0m3ZdYG1s6bxzqo2_500.gif

#45 10/29/2021 at 00:13

Shadow Guard
lovelyjuliexo
Guard in Training
lovelyjuliexo

Autumn_Shadows wrote

I usually get really excited for the Halloween event but the outfits for this event seem a little boring. Although it seems like the different parts of the outfits would make some really cool accessories.

It almost seems like the company just came up with some last minute ideas for this event or maybe they're just struggling with creativity since they have done many different Halloween themes in the past. At least the lava companion seems really cute! I love the colors of the other companion (the horse looking one) but my god seeing all those legs almost made me feel uncomfortable!

wait really? i think the lava outfit looks so cool!

(at least more interesting than the ones for the mycandylove halloween event...)

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ad52213ed8e465916c071e00bc76fcde/tumblr_nim0m3ZdYG1s6bxzqo2_500.gif

#46 10/29/2021 at 00:16

Obsidian Guard
Valaena
Guard in Training
Valaena

This is by far the worst Halloween in Eldarya's history. These new outfits are just meh.

Also, I like Loki, but that outfit is straight-up copyright infringement as the others have pointed out. Shame. The summer events were pretty great so I'm just confused why this event is so late and so bland...

Also, it hurts to see the market so dead during Halloween...

Last edited by Valaena (10/29/2021 at 00:18)

#47 10/29/2021 at 05:09

Shadow Guard
Nauris
Guard in Training
Nauris

Outfits: I really like the lava child outfit even if it's not super halloweeny in my opinion. It has a fun concept and I think its got great pieces you can use for different kinds of outfits. The trickster/Loki outfit on the other hand... It's just lazy to copy someone else's design. The bank outfit isn't really my style, but the sword looks cool.

Companions: The new companions look good but since I already have a great companion and I'm not into collecting them, I'm not stressing if I get them or not.

Event: These kind of pick and choose events fit the overall style of Eldarya so I'm not mad about them. Also I kinda feel like the correct answer is easier to pick in this event than some of the previous ones? They're not obvious but if you take your time they seem rather predictable.

Map: There's so much items in every location that I'm having difficulties to get what I want. It's kinda frustration and I have been playing this game for six years so I can't even imagine how it's like for newer players. I think its great we have the opportunity to get the older outfits as well, but this just doesn't feel like the right way to do it.

Overall I'm not as excited as some previous years but I'm also not disappointed soooo it's 3/5 stars from me ^^

#48 10/29/2021 at 07:41

Absynthe Guard
LupusDemone
Just Arrived
LupusDemone

The outfits arent as halloween-y as I had hoped for, but overall it's quite alright. There's nothing I would particularly want tho. Halloween is my favorite time of year to play events on my favorite games so I'm glad I dont have to worry about not finishing this one.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jZeyQyrCm83As/giphy.gif

#49 10/29/2021 at 14:00

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

TrafalgarNeo wrote

brokenendings wrote

Here in America it's illegal whether you make money or not. Disney, for one, is a shark when it comes to copyright infringement. They've even copyrighted their buildings.

I have no idea that was possible until I tried draw one  of their buildings for one of my college illustration classes.

Though many people get away with selling artwork that features a copyrighted character, especially anime characters. In the end it really depends on who the character(s) belong to whether they take legal action or not. I believe some don't mind fans selling fan artwork as they will see it as free publicity.

You're right, in America it is. But Beemoov is in France. There's a reason sites that host bootleg movies and tv shows from America are never based in America. Legal action is more complex across borders and I won't pretend to understand international law. But I'm sure it's not the same as American.

@Saby-chan the conversation about the artists who did design the loki costume for Disney. I'm not sure how much money an employee gets from a design that Disney gets to own. I doubt there's royalties for such a thing. I assume they're salaried in the art department and maybe get a bonus if their design becomes official. But it's not the same as being commissioned and owning your design, and other people paying you each time your design is used. The faceless mouse gets to own the designs regardless of who designed it. The mouse gets paid every time it's used. It'd be nice if the designer gets royalties too but I'd be surprised if that's the case.

Honestly beemoov is such a fringe corner of the internet that isn't highly populated compared to mainstream games online, plus the fact that it's internationally based. You could report this straight to Disney and I bet nothing would happen. They're not making money off the design. When it comes to law "getting ad revune from your site" and "selling the outfit" are different. To prove infringement you have to prove that they're stealing revenue that would be Disney's and things like that (won't pretend to know all complexities) but law has to be yes or no on infringement. If it's a grey maybe, then it's not a yes.

I don't think there's any argument you can make where a world ruling billion dollar company gets my sympathy. I could understand if you were warning beemoov that the mouse might come for them because of the design. But you're making them sound like they're victimizing disney. Disney is so big it's impossible to victimize them.
Beemoov has done a lot to earn my criticism. But this is something that doesn't. Designing is hard. Rather than the higher paid disney employees who designed loki's costume, think about the likelihood of a beemoov employee who might be underpaid to produce a specific design for this website. I don't know if they commission the designs or there's someone on staff who designs them. If you ever had an art class with a project due, how often did you come up with a brilliant piece of work with universal praise and no references? I've been drawing for 30 years and I'd say the answer is 0.

Also, this is halloween. a holiday where you literally cosplay as characters you love. saying be original on halloween eliminates hundreds or thousands of costume ideas. it's boring to be: witch, demon, animal, ghost, repeat.

I feel like there's a lot of factors you're ignoring because you want an excuse to crucify beemoov more.

@Valaena, if you think that, you either forget or didn't live through 2019 halloween cuz that was the worst. this one's 10x better than it at least. both this years outfits are better than those two were, exploration was random, no fixed locations, necromancer items were gold only for color variations, and only 5 outfits were on the map.

#50 10/29/2021 at 16:10

Obsidian Guard
Amaelia
Champion of the Guard
Amaelia

https://i.imgur.com/uBluCTH.png?1

https://i.imgur.com/KXDtvm5.png?2

https://i.imgur.com/MnsKtsK.gifThe first time I like all the new outfits.https://i.imgur.com/Lf7wr1r.gif

I personally don't care that the Loki outfit is exactly the same as in the movies. I love the character and the outfit looks great.
I just LOVE the Lava hair from the Lava Child outfit. There are some parts of the outfit that are too big for my taste, but the accessories and one of the atmospheres are nice and can be used perfectly with my half dragon half Aengel avatar and the fire theme.
I'm still waiting for a dragon outfit, something like Tia in the Origins, partially transformed. Maybe one day...
There's a chance I will not really wear the bank outfit, but I still wanted it. It brings back good old memories from the Origins story, which I like.

The fact that we can play the stories twice a day for free and if we don't get the answer right for the first time every time, we can't finish the stories by the end of the event is something I don't like despite being willing to pay with gold coins to finish the events sooner. It's something that should be changed because a lot of players don't want to pay that many gold coins for one dialogue choice. I did, but it's just me and maybe a few other players but not the majority.

Having that many items in each location and my companion bringing back only two every time I send her somewhere is another negative thing about the event. There are some pieces I would like to get from the map, but the chances of Cassiopeia bringing back only the blue, black, and white ones from every item I want are very low, so I might not be able to get everything I want from the map. It would be nice if our companions brought back maybe four or five items each time.

The companions are nice, I like both, which is a first, too.

https://i.imgur.com/nDSNphQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/IIgixhg.jpg

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5