Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 3 4 5

#101 12/31/2019 at 22:48

Obsidian Guard
Kamra
Recruit
Kamra

@LadyTaraye As far as I'm aware, the answers are random (or decided on previous factors, but this is not yet confirmed). So what's wrong for one person could be correct for another. They did this for the Halloween event also. They want to make guides useless just like with Moonlight Lovers.

This, unfortunately, is not a bug, but completely intended by Beemoov. I believe they do this in the hopes that fewer people can complete the event for free and many will have to spend money.

(◕‿◕✿) KAMRA (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ NYANYAKAI 。◕‿‿◕。 ROSE (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

#102 01/01/2020 at 04:39

Shadow Guard
TeodoraCV
Rookie
TeodoraCV

LadyTaraye wrote

Laykin wrote

How many didn't get the first illustration even though you chose the most likely answer for it?  I watched the two videos about the event(cause they didn't get the 1 st illustration) and chose the answer they didn't and still didn't get the illustration. I'm confused.

The same thing happen to me. I'm wondering if its a bug?

the answers are random. even if you watch a guide, it's not 100% sure that you will get the illustrations.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiwMFfFR165UNHWlltQQz3-n-3mHOfcLTE17AB3uCXcF8ZeraV24RQLsThKM-GFJS6lp7BxII7wbuITF1pI72zd8nCHvBXadsYUoTbu2Wd7mJySfS7JgXHLx5BHDaZg2xfs8tUAS3d2ROaLvP2FVuB8ki5w7-rcfevM1j_6Bf3vTImndUhFUmwIZjZd-28/s600/Untitled-1.png

#103 01/01/2020 at 11:08

Obsidian Guard
GoldenAischa
Rookie
GoldenAischa

Finished the event! 2/3 illustrations like most people.
If the answers truly are randomized, that sucks. There's NO incentive to try and think through what your guardian says. /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png Booooo...

I've been pretty happy with what I've gotten through exploration, but I have to say, Beemoov needs to stop putting old, gold-only items on the map. That's coming from someone who never spends real money on this game. If players were willing to pay gold for exclusive items/outfits, it's so unfair to make those widely accessible to everyone else later on. I feel kind of guilty for even getting these items that others spent literal coin to get.

Last thought: I'm a little bummed that I haven't been able to get the map companion yet. I've run into it a bunch of times, and every time, the capture has been unsuccessful. I've got the right bait, and my companion's luck is 362. It's a little frustrating, but maybe I just have terrible luck.  /static/img/forum/smilies/tongue.png

https://i.imgur.com/2gMh6r3.png

#104 01/01/2020 at 13:55

Absynthe Guard
leanae
Just Arrived
leanae

They've lengthened it for two more days! /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/yikes.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/wink.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/cool.png

Last edited by leanae (01/01/2020 at 13:56)

/jeae

#105 01/02/2020 at 02:47

Shadow Guard
IvyHearts
The Answer to Everything
IvyHearts

Kamra wrote

@LadyTaraye As far as I'm aware, the answers are random (or decided on previous factors, but this is not yet confirmed). So what's wrong for one person could be correct for another. They did this for the Halloween event also. They want to make guides useless just like with Moonlight Lovers.

This, unfortunately, is not a bug, but completely intended by Beemoov. I believe they do this in the hopes that fewer people can complete the event for free and many will have to spend money.

To the people in charge, Boo ! I hope you all have a lifetime of rotten bad luck. I played the Halloween, got nodda.
Spent all my manna on the Valantine, no unicorn  ! And that was the only reason I even played because the outfits weren't event remotely valantine themed ! Or even good !

#106 01/02/2020 at 05:21

Shadow Guard
Zanillia
Recruit
Zanillia

Wait, the answers to get the illustrations are RANDOM?

That's why I only got ONE, just like the Halloween event?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS/giphy.gif

EXCUSE ME?

#107 01/02/2020 at 05:33

Shadow Guard
marvelousends
Guard Patrol
marvelousends

I'm actually really annoyed I wont be able to get the Skanis companion as I prefer it to Perceed. Like everyone else, I only gained 2 illustrations just like I did on the french server.

But most of all I'm annoyed that my companion who has +352 in luck ends up not bringing anything back a lot of times! The same thing happens on the french server as well where I have a +362 in luck. And it doesn't help that it's randomized where one could find things, I prefer the old system where one could find the companions on the map because it gave everyone a fair chance to get it.

Last edited by marvelousends (01/02/2020 at 05:34)

https://i.imgur.com/CfJ4ZN6.png

#108 01/02/2020 at 05:47

Just Arrived
Éjbendár

Nice event thank you.../static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png
Finished the event.. 1/3 illustrations the last ill...
rip familiar T_T

Happy new year

#109 01/02/2020 at 12:20

Absynthe Guard
Vaihanai
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Vaihanai

Did the math, the probability to get all of them right is a 0 followed by more than ten 0's... A 2.781855e-12 probability to get all the dialogues right, provided that there's only one right answer per choice and that the right answer is random.

By this logic, the most probable outcome is clicking only 8 answer choices correct, which means 1 illustration, clicking at random, provided the correct choices are random.

But I believe that there must be some answers that do not matter for the illustration or two correct ones, so the actual chance of clicking a correct answer out of the three is around 0.6-0.7. If it's like this we will get on average 15-16 answers correct, which makes getting 2 illustrations the most probable, getting 1 still pretty probable, and getting all three illustrations still virtually impossible, with a probability of 5.960464e-0. Which is around as probable as winning the big prize of the lottery.
Seeing what we all got, I think this is the correct case, there are two answers right per dialogue, or some dialogues don't matter.

This explains why most of us got 2 or 1 illustration, and why getting 3 is practically impossible, as we would need to get all of them correct...

I will take them up on that 2020 will be better and we'll have better quality on the events and the story, as they said when justifying not doing the monthly ranking price anymore, so let's hope so!

https://i.imgur.com/KIMI9l3.jpg

#110 01/02/2020 at 12:33

Absynthe Guard
Fizel
Young Recruit
Fizel

I honestly spammed clicked to get through the days, and I STILL got two illustrations.
So I think that yes, they are random.

Also looking at the event timer on the Christmas tab, did they add more days or is the timer bugged?
Because I thought it was till the 3rd (tomorrow), but it still says it has 3 days, which would be the 6th.

*somehow runs into an open door*

#111 01/02/2020 at 12:57

Obsidian Guard
Yam
Soldier of the Guard
Yam

Dang, I waited for a bit longer for guide to surface just to test the probabilities.
While some players claimed they got 3 illustrations thanks to the extra guide, but me, nope. Just one illustration.

Sigh~
WHYYYY...

P/S: Jack, the Lord of Cold is so finee... I was like, "Damn... Can I date him too?"

Last edited by Yam (01/02/2020 at 12:58)

https://i.postimg.cc/Dw49jKrk/solidarity.png

#112 01/02/2020 at 12:59

Shadow Guard
tenshijanai
Just Arrived
tenshijanai

Fizel wrote

I honestly spammed clicked to get through the days, and I STILL got two illustrations.
So I think that yes, they are random.

Also looking at the event timer on the Christmas tab, did they add more days or is the timer bugged?
Because I thought it was till the 3rd (tomorrow), but it still says it has 3 days, which would be the 6th.

They added a couple days I think it ends on Sunday now.

#113 01/02/2020 at 13:14

Shadow Guard
Zatara
Unicorn Sidekick
Zatara

Finished the event, got 2 illustrations. The pet is not worth the price to me, so I won't be paying for the last illustration. The new outfits were OK, not as good as last year. Overall the new approach to the events is disappointing and it is obvious that they are mainly catering to paid players as opposed to being more balanced, like they used to be.

#114 01/02/2020 at 14:15

Shadow Guard
Maoyui
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Maoyui

I finished the Event a few days ago but didn't get a chance to leave my thoughts yet, so I'll try to do so quickly since there's not much to say.

EVENT

Once again, the Event is based on a story with seemingly random dialogue choices determining whether or not you get the Illustrations, and all Illustrations being needed to get the Legendary Companion. It seems BeeHOOV did not learn their lesson from Halloween because this system is still garbage. There is almost no chance of anyone just so happening to guess all of the answers correctly. Meaning that damn near no one will ever even have a chance at getting the Companion without paying. I am certain they are keeping this system in place because they want people to spend money on coins to unlock the Illustrations.

Alchemy Events were probably incentives to get people into buying Maana, but little do the devs know, no one is going to buy Maana just to complete an Event since most players have a lot of Maana saved up for Events. Therefore, they decided to make this new system where Illustrations are worth coins, rather than Maana, so we would be forced to buy coins and they could still get in our pockets.

Thankfully, this Event had no Nevra Illustration, so I honestly could not have cared less about them. Ironically, I got twoo this time. I followed a guide for almost all my answer choices, diverting from a couple just to see if it affected anything. It did, but the answers still overall seem to be random from person to person. Again, I'm sure Beemoov's greedy behinds are doing this on purpose just to screw us and guide makers over.

ILLUSTRATIONS

Didn't care about any of them and I only got two by sheer luck. Again, no one likes this system of getting Illustrations at random. It's not fun to sit through 8 days of an Event and just get told "Devs said no" at the end with nothing to indicate this beforehand that you will get nothing. If I don't want an Illustration, I should decide that I'm not going to go for it, not for the Devs to make that decision for me.

EXPLORATION

As with Halloween, everything can be found everywhere and it's still garbage. My closet is getting filled with literal junk that I will never use and probably have to sell when I could have avoided it entirely if the items were in set locations. It is not fun just throwing my Companion around praying for it to find something I actually want when it has an equal chance for it to find something I'll just end up selling. I fail to understand why Beemoov thought this was a good idea, but thanks, I still hate it.

COMPANIONS

They were cute, but neither were "must-haves". I found the Exploration Companion but I obviously missed the other one because I'm not paying for that last Illustration no matter how much I may have actually wanted it. Beemoov is just getting desperate with how much they want to milk cash from us.

OUTFITS

For once, I liked the P2W outfit more than either of the F2P ones. Still not paying for it. I mean, the way Beemoov are doing things, it'll probably be found for free on the map next year anyway, so there's no reason to bother as it is. But as a whole, I didn't care much for the free outfits. The Exploration one was better, IMO, but neither were my cup of tea.

OVERALL

Just another unenjoyable event. I more or less just played to get it done. I wasn't even that invested in the story. Just clicked through until I had to give a dialogue choice. The dialogue is usually the first thing I do when I wake up but this time I just forced myself to get it done before reset. That's how much I just didn't care this time because I know it's all up to chance anyway. I'm not holding my breath for the next Event to be any better.

https://i.imgur.com/RlZjrzW.jpg

#115 01/02/2020 at 15:21

Absynthe Guard
leanae
Just Arrived
leanae

TeodoraCV wrote

Aoria wrote

Dang I was so close to getting the 3 illustrations. 2 out of 3 is pretty good when you stop looking for a guide and just go with your gut.

Maybe next year no missions and just exploration with new clothes.

you cannot get the full three illustrations. since there are only eight missions, and the illustrations are three, with three pieces each. meaning, nine in total.

it's like the halloween event, to complete it, you have to buy the last piece.

it also doesn't matter if you follow a guide or not. it's random, so it's not 100% sure that you get the same results as the guide. since it will always miss a piece, which you have to buy with real money.

so thats why I didn’t get all three illustrations for the halloween event even though I saved Miiko

/jeae

#116 01/02/2020 at 22:09

Shadow Guard
Linoa
Guard in Training
Linoa

I've had almost no luck with the holy knight outfit...and I didn't get it last year either, so I'm super bummed.

Ive been wanting the set in white (fave), blue, black, or purple,  but no luck with it, so I don't think I'll manage to get the set I wanted.

Anyway, at least the pilgrim outfit is cute (I do like the cape and the leggings).

Last edited by Linoa (01/02/2020 at 22:21)

ღ ❀ ℓιησα ❀ ღ

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/2b/Mog_FF6.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100705051012

#117 01/05/2020 at 01:10

Obsidian Guard
MinervaLily
Soldier of the Guard
MinervaLily

I have just finished the event, thank you it was gorgeous. Could we possibly have another event with Jack and crew for this year's Christmas? Every time he came up, I couldn't stop staring at him, he was stunning.  /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png  I didn't realise there were three illustrations, I was more than happy with the one I got, which was the one at the end. I have two outfits out of this event which is cool. I really enjoyed the event personally.

Maybe on the next event, there could be at the end of each section a random illustration, and/or an egg of a random companion. It wouldn't even have to be a companion from that event, but maybe one of the rare, epic, legendary or event companions. Just as a little added treat for those playing the game. The random illustration could be something like rare snap shots of the characters. Sort of like a poloroid snap of them, but still in an illustrative form.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." ~ MC Scooter.
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzdSRR4Gi1BxNuCI/giphy.gif

#118 01/05/2020 at 09:38

Shadow Guard
TeodoraCV
Rookie
TeodoraCV

MinervaLily wrote

Every time he came up, I couldn't stop staring at him, he was stunning.  /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

yeah, it's really weird cause all the boys that beemoov draws, are so gorgeous. XD

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiwMFfFR165UNHWlltQQz3-n-3mHOfcLTE17AB3uCXcF8ZeraV24RQLsThKM-GFJS6lp7BxII7wbuITF1pI72zd8nCHvBXadsYUoTbu2Wd7mJySfS7JgXHLx5BHDaZg2xfs8tUAS3d2ROaLvP2FVuB8ki5w7-rcfevM1j_6Bf3vTImndUhFUmwIZjZd-28/s600/Untitled-1.png

#119 01/05/2020 at 16:42

Obsidian Guard
Fraenya
Lost
Fraenya

I enjoyed this event, just like the Halloween one. I like the fact that there is something else to do besides the usual map. I don't really mind that objects from the map are random, I'll sell what I don't need.

About the questions of the story, could it be that the right answers vary by the guard you are in?

I just love Perceed and think Skanis is cute too. The story was cute and I really hope we get more Jack next year.

#120 01/06/2020 at 00:33

Shadow Guard
GigaGalaxy
Just Arrived
GigaGalaxy

off topic but which guard won this month, it's not showing for me for some reason.

#121 01/06/2020 at 01:52

Shadow Guard
PrincessRain
Emeritus Valkyrie
PrincessRain

@Giga
Shadow Guard won in December but there are no more Guard Rankings which is why it doesn't show it. No more monthly prizes either. Beemoov gave an announcement here:
https://www.eldarya.com/forum/t2212,1-rankings-the-end-of-objects-of-the-month.htm

even if you’re farther away than the sky, i’ll send my heart to the clouds
https://64.media.tumblr.com/6d877bee5a7d235106570678db444612/d70c119ef0b94b37-1b/s540x810/8034ff3a1dcdb2e9fa989bdaf49fd8590547799a.gif

#122 01/06/2020 at 13:58

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

This event was a disappointment just like the Halloween one.

What could've changed to make it better
1) Allow players to buy color variants of the mission outfit for maana instead gold-only. Every non-exploration event that has mission outfits (Valentine's, Easter, Music) allows players to buy color variants of the mission outfits for maana, NOT gold-only.

2) Do NOT make exploration outfit pieces appear at all locations. Assign specific locations so that players can search for the pieces they want instead of have everything up to chance. (Though I fear this choice was made because I'm guessing next year they won't have exploration outfits)

3) Let players know when they make incorrect choices to get illustrations, AND let them buy retries for maana. Also, possibly have a retry timer, like MCL (try again in 2 hrs, and pay to skip the timer). Don't let everything be up to random chance and force them to use a lot of gold in the end to buy whole illustrations

4) Have dialogue answers that make sense to have a right and wrong. If the options are opinions, based on people's personalities, then it's punishing a player for choosing what they would choose in a real-life situation.

5) Stop making so many outfit pieces that are tiny and barely visible. It was done with the rings and necklace for Halloween, and the bracelet and ring for Christmas. It's fine to have accessories that are small, but making them miniscule is unfair. It's worse than having ugly/joke junk clothing items that are large and easy to see . I'd rather have that than something that's beautiful in the closeup but invisible on my avatar.

The one upside that has nothing to do with the execution of the event is I did something I've never done before.
I collected EVERY color variation of the new outfit AND every color variation of the wig.
I'm gonna sell some off but I have a sense of accomplishment nonetheless. Like, "I did it!"

Last edited by brokenendings (01/06/2020 at 13:59)

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 3 4 5