The only reason I even completed this event was because I wanted the companion. I really wish they had told us that we had to buy it because I wouldn't have wasted my maana on this event.
@LadySelene: They did announce that they extended the event for 2 days in the "Direct from The Game Team" section
Last edited by Lynne (03/01/2019 at 09:00)
Last edited by Fujino (03/01/2019 at 18:36)
I am a bit disappointed in this event. I participated because I typically love events, but it was way too mana hungry. I have used up all of my mana and I am still 28 mana short of completing the event. Hopefully I can get the last of that mana in the next hour and a half so my efforts to complete the event aren't completely wasted.
Well this is disappointing. Unlike with the musical event, where you could replay the section until you got he correct answer. As you can clearly see up there, unless I pay out the GC which I don't have, or come back tomorrow, I can't have another go on finishing Valkyon's route.
I won't mind if that alchemy mini game is there if you need to make things for episodes or you're making food for your companion, but to have it as part of any future events. Likely I'll be keeping future maana for my episodes or feeding my companion. Gaining the illustration or completing Valkyon's route, aren't going to happen with this event. I like the outfit I was able to obtain for this event.
I actually didn't think I'd get any further than the gloves when I started this event. But I think if this event had lasted longer and people had been able to sell items after completing the event, I think that would have been a better format for everyone.
Last edited by MinervaLily (03/01/2019 at 23:53)
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." ~ MC Scooter.
Ok, I'm mad. I spent so much manna on this joke of a valantine event and still no companion !
With 2 minutes to spare... I finally finished it.
I went from 600 manaas to 2...
My final review:
- I have nothing against the alchemy game, it was a nice way to really introduce it to us, except that it does... cost a LOT of manaas
- the rate drop are ridiculous: I never found that last Obsidian scroll and decided to buy it when I literally found ALL 5 FOR ALL THE OTHERS, but with enough patience, you could find the other ingredients I guess (I have a +66 Jipinku and I had to pay for like dyes at the beginning, about 10 pink sewing kits and about 2 perfect love essence or something for the whole thing)
- which by the way, was nice to offer some dyes because holy rainbows those are expensive and you can't find them on the map, I would definitely not have finished the event if not for those
- I won't say anything about the outfits themselves because to each their own! I just like that they have different themes, not very Valentine so you can wear them whenever
- the illustrations are very pretty, I love the light in them!
- it was my understanding that the companion is usually offered for free at the end of the event if completed - I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed it wasn't the case here, because I was looking forward to finally get a legendary companion...
Things that would have been better
- it's an event, we're supposed to have fun, not stress over how expensive the alchemy is: why not make it free during the event? We would still buy the missing ingredients!
- or then make the ingredients drop more often on the map...
- I'm not even going to talk about the market because I still haven't reached episode 6 (and won't for a while orz), I don't have access to it, but ingredients (and scrolls! my companions kept on bringing me scrolls from guards for which I finished the outfit!) should be made available to sell to other players that would use them
- having to complete one outfit at a time was extremely frustrating - like I said I could complete every other outfits except Valkyon and was stuck like that for 2 whole days before I caved in and bought the scroll: let us work on all the outfits at the same time so at the end we're able to have at least one illustration?
Speaking from experience, not being able to finish an event because you lack some resources isn't fun. And it really doesn't make you want to do an effort for the following event.
In this case, even completing the event leaves a bittersweet taste, because I don't have anymore manaas. That was 120 days of logging everyday gone. 120 DAYS. I was supposed to finish episode 5. Now I'm going to wait another 120 days, and it means the Easter event will be there, and frankly, if it ask for manaas again, you can count me out. I'd rather stick to the story.
I liked the event. But I hate the fact of how much manna I used up just for the outfits. I can barely stay above 300 manna. The dresses were very nice especially Leften and Valkyon's outfits. The event was cute and I enjoyed it
So, after finishing up as much as I could of the event, my impression is:
- It took too much manna - I even bought some to support the game but the cost is really too steep! I like the concept if the alchemy game too, but it shouldn't cost as much as it does because it makes it difficult to play if you want to progress in the story my companion's luck is so-so (Baby Nocturnal Dalafa: 87), but I found the drop rate pretty low, making the game frustrating.
- the outfits are so-so - I wanted Leiftan's/sky priestess but didn't manage; found all Nevra's scrolls but didn't like the outfit. And on sky priestess, I liked the wig, but would rather not have the forehead braid
- it's a shame that the companion is so expensive and was gc only; would have been nice to have the chance to get it by finishing the event and give the background for finishing just one date/story (since you did go there).
Last edited by Linoa (03/03/2019 at 06:52)
This is the most maana I have ever spent on an event and didn't even get a companion. I am pretty disappointed. Also the drop rate was impossible.
If only I had this much clothing in real life
This is the first Valentine's Day event that I participated in on here (made an account and didn't use it for a long time), and so far, this site seems very money hungry like My Candy Love/University Life.
You needed SO MUCH Maana for this event, and I'm still on episode 6 and don't have a market place. My companion was also super unlucky. The instructions were confusing, and I didn't even know how it the event worked at first.
Outfits were so-so, and I didn't have enough maana to keep buying scrolls for 100, then additional ingredients, then 30 to actually get ONE item, more maana to keep my companion full, and then start over again. I was just in a panic to get more maana, instead of enjoying the game. Very disappointed, personally.
When it all said and done, I didn't really enjoy this event and that is really sad for Beemov. I enjoyed past events but I was disappointed this time around. I wasn't able to complete all the outfits even with the extra days they gave.
I hated that the companion wasn't free if you completed it. I was willing to buy it but had issues with the bank and couldn't get the GC. At that point, I said screw it.
I only liked two of the outfits and none of them had a Valentine theme to them at all. I used up so much maana for this event. I hope the Easter event isn't like this.
I have attempted to complete this event by paying only for the fusion and not buying a single ingredient.
My pet is Oka with 225 luck. I have not used all her stamina every day, but I have sent her out at least a couple of times each day and some days I did use her full stamina.
The first event day I missed because the game was bugged and did not allow me to log in.
I have not being able to complete a single outfit. I got Leif's eyes, sleeves and headpiece. Obviously, the dress and wig, which I wanted the most, the game left to be the last to obtain, so I got neither.
This event was lousy. Unless you forked out tonnes of mana per day it wasn't doable. Sending out a very decent companion to explore each day and not buying ingredients didn't let me obtain as single outfit.
Last edited by stellasky (03/02/2019 at 22:48)
I recently joined this site and was looking forward to this event. It seemed like it would be a lot of fun. Only it wasn't. I went through a lot of maana and still didn't finish the event in time. I was so close too. I am sad that the companion was free either. Hopefully the next event will be actual fun.
Side note: I still have items and scrolls from the events in my inventory. Not sure what we are to do with them.
Last edited by TaelorVyc (03/04/2019 at 02:43)
I have been thinking of what to say for a while now, and I think I finally have an idea...
I have been on this site since pre-registration. I have taken part in AND completed every single event this site has ever had (including this one). I usually look forward to all of these events and get anxious when they seem to be running behind (not in line with the calendar or a few days off).
I remember my first event and how fun it was. I also recall how much more easy (in some aspects) it made the game. There were beautiful outfits and really good companions. It was how I got my first legendary companion EVER and how I became able to search the map for more goodies.
Now, I read a lot of comments by newbies and... I am sad for them. I want people to genuinely enjoy this game and it's special events. I want them to get those same benefits that some of us veterans have. I want them to be able to complete the event as easily as those of us who have been here for a long time and have access to the market and stockpiles of maana. For them (and a lot of other people, but especially them), this event was unfair.
They spend maana they need to catch up to the current episode, have a low luck companion to search for them (which can't find much), and even IF they finished (which was really difficult) they didn't get the companion (something that has traditionally been free).
This event was just very unfair to the newer members and just different enough for old members to feel like a betrayal in multiple ways.
This event was a train wreck, is my point. I want to the next one be better.