Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 15 16 17 18

#401 02/24/2019 at 20:50

Shadow Guard
Keyka
Young Recruit
Keyka

Can anyone tell me why Episode 10 is still broken? I can't get past where you have to pick up the ashes and the tree stump. I've reported this before and nothing has changed, please message me if anyone knows how to fix this. Thank you.

#402 02/24/2019 at 21:25

Shadow Guard
Hist0ria
Young Recruit
Hist0ria

tea8732 wrote

Wait wait wait... So I've finished the event but you're telling me that I would have to use 450 gold just if I wanted to have the pet??

They said ''may come interrupt your romantic date...'' And then there was something about a shop. But like I said, I already finished the event and all the dates, and I didn't have anyone 'interrupting' the date.

So someone who knows better can you only get the pet from the shop?

Unfortunately, the only way you can get the companion is through the shoP by paying 450GC.

I don't really know why they lied and said that the companion might interrupt the date, but I have some theories that maybe they lied to get the players to participate in the event because if they said that there'll be no free companion at the end of the event, no one would play the game.

It also could be they included the companion in the event but they changed their minds knowing that the companion is super likable and since it's animated, people might actually pay money to get it.

They ruined this event.  /static/img/forum/smilies/neutral.png

Last edited by Hist0ria (02/24/2019 at 21:26)

https://zupimages.net/up/19/08/fhec.gif

#403 02/24/2019 at 23:49

Absynthe Guard
Ashazra
Guard in Training
Ashazra

Hist0ria wrote

tea8732 wrote

Wait wait wait... So I've finished the event but you're telling me that I would have to use 450 gold just if I wanted to have the pet??

They said ''may come interrupt your romantic date...'' And then there was something about a shop. But like I said, I already finished the event and all the dates, and I didn't have anyone 'interrupting' the date.

Unfortunately, the only way you can get the companion is through the shoP by paying 450GC.

I don't really know why they lied and said that the companion might interrupt the date, but I have some theories that maybe they lied to get the players to participate in the event because if they said that there'll be no free companion at the end of the event, no one would play the game.

It also could be they included the companion in the event but they changed their minds knowing that the companion is super likable and since it's animated, people might actually pay money to get it.

They ruined this event.  /static/img/forum/smilies/neutral.png

Not sure if this counts as a spoiler or not, so feel free to correct me if it is, but the companion shows up in the all the illustrations for this event. That's how it "interrupts" your date.

Wishlist   |   Shop
http://i.imgur.com/zHV6lSo.jpg
by Faye

#404 02/25/2019 at 01:10

Obsidian Guard
Riuu
Recruit
Riuu

Yerimoto wrote

@Riuu They've really made the game hard for new players :(
I hope you have luck with finding the Obsidian scrolls! And a Jipinku is still better than a starter pet so you did right by switching to it.

It's definitely not an event you can truly enjoy if you started recently hahahaha

I joined around Halloween I guess?? But getting a bait for a lengendary companion is just so expensive that I thought I'd just save up and go through episode... If I had known getting at least one legendary companion would be more useful I would have done that... Maybe I would get more scrolls than I do right now ^^"

(oh, yeah, now I'm only missing one scroll from the Absynthe outfit, good thing I don't want it and am unable to make it right now!)

(I'm very salty about those unused scrolls)

#405 02/25/2019 at 04:49

Shadow Guard
x2Tori
Fatal Error
x2Tori

I'm saddened to say team Eldarya...I'm disappointed in this event. I was able to complete it, but it was far from fun.

I think the event as a whole just missed the mark on almost ALL accounts. As a culmination of all the marks, it just left it feeling unpleasant. Events typically have one or two areas that they miss on - that's kinda the norm and a side effect of constantly trying new things (which is cool). It was just off everywhere though. Using alchemy is a huge maana drain, so if that's the game, the content, outfits, illustrations and companion have better be worth it. They weren't. Some parts were nice, but others were atrocious - on all fronts.

The best thing from this event was probably the countdown timer. That's truly a helpful feature! So keep that! I also really love the background art.

A part of me really appreciated the extra days, energy potion and colors that were given as compensation. In comparison to what happened though...they weren't as thoughtful as they could have been for compensation. 3 colors, wasn't enough to complete an outfit of the same color, it would require a minimum of 4. It was simply the nearest band-aid that could be slapped on the situation.

This event missed the mark and was disappointing. I hope the team will brush this event format off and get better from here. I'm honestly really rooting for Eldarya to be as amazing as it has the potential to be. I'm grateful for the work the team does put in - I want to be even more grateful and inspired when I see amazing work deserving of those reactions though.

Have passion and respect in the work you put out; if you can't, slow down!

#406 02/25/2019 at 12:06

Shadow Guard
Raine
Rookie
Raine

Are you friggin' kidding me?! My companion just got attacked and lost THIRTY points! Wtf is wrong with these people?! What is even the point of this occurence?! It's not like there was a whole lot to gain from exploring (events excluded), but they had to do something to ruin even that.

For an awesome band and comic check out September Mourning! New graphic novel now available!

https://i.ibb.co/9WsjCmg/September-mourning.jpg

#407 02/25/2019 at 12:06

Shadow Guard
Maoyui
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Maoyui

tea8732 wrote

The "interruption" is just the Companion appearing in the Illustrations, that's all. You can only get it by purchasing it with GC~

I mentioned before in my "summary" of the Event that it's pretty lame of them to word it as though it would be possible to obtain the Companion by doing the Event. It's clear I'm far from the only one who got that same impression based on their words.

https://i.imgur.com/RlZjrzW.jpg

#408 02/25/2019 at 18:36

Obsidian Guard
MinervaLily
Soldier of the Guard
MinervaLily

I will say this for the alchemy mini game, it does have its merits, and this was before the event. If you have a companion like mine that the only two places you can get food for it, are either at the market or if the companion finds it out on exploration. I was able to make a weeks worth of food, for my companion when she wasn't able to find any herself and there was no Golden Nectar in the market.

So I used the mini game, and received a weeks worth for her. I had to rebuild my maana to continue the episode I was on but at least my companion had food.  /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png I'm rather like Valkyon for that.

He'll go without maana if it means his companion is fed, or so he said in one of the previous episodes. Not sure if I'm going to get the wig at this stage, but I'm pretty pleased with what I've got. Plus I've been able to combine other things from past events for it.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." ~ MC Scooter.
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzdSRR4Gi1BxNuCI/giphy.gif

#409 02/25/2019 at 19:11

Shadow Guard
AceSpades
Unicorn Sidekick
AceSpades

What are we supposed to do with left over scrolls and items?

I finished the outfits yesterday but my companion is still bringing back the items to create the pieces and I have one left over scroll because I bought it after 2 days of not being able to find a Shadow Guard scroll.

Do I have to keep them forever?!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/46/fd/be/46fdbee226bca5c3dd91cb7514c7c530.gif

Last edited by AceSpades (02/25/2019 at 19:12)

If you are wanting or willing to sell any of the Monthly Ranking Prizes message me. I would love to buy them from you!
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/67/98/3b/67983b6c3c82c07731a630205e63f163.gif

#410 02/25/2019 at 22:13

Obsidian Guard
Chexem
Young Recruit
Chexem

I like Leiftan outfit but I chose the wrong color for the dress and I bought another one but didn't see it cost 1,700 ap.. And I do not want to keep the same dress it would be nice if we are able to sell items from these kind of events like we are able to with the Halloween and Christmas event!!

#411 02/26/2019 at 03:38

Absynthe Guard
Zherriel
Virhebongari
Zherriel

So this new type of event is not a complete failure after all. Regardless the rough start of this event, we got compensations and the event continued more smoothly. Using the alchemy mini game as the base of the event created an interestig format, that has both its strengths and flaws.

Having the event use alchemy made it easier to get to know the new mini game. The illustrations and the event background are lovely, even though getting them meant having somewhat sensual conversations or thoughts with each of the dates no matter whose route you are on on the episodes. Some of the comments here have counted it as cheating, which makes the event less enjoyable. But if you think of the event as a series of short spin-offs, the conversations don't bother that much – or actually not at all, at least not me.

x2Tori wrote

The best thing from this event was probably the countdown timer. That's truly a helpful feature! So keep that! I also really love the background art.
That timer truly is a huge helper with keeping track of this event. I, too, hope they'll continue adding a timer to the upcoming events as well. :)

Perhaps the planning of the event was a little rushed since the event started so soon after introducing the new alchemy mini game. Perhaps the event could have used a little more planning to make it more enjoyable. In my opinion, there are two changes that could have improved this Valentine's event a lot.

Allowing to sell event ingredients and scrolls on the market
This has been suggested multiple times by multiple users, and I couldn't agree more. I have already commented it earlier here that having event items on the market would help in both getting the needed ingredients cheaper and being able to get rid of the unnecessary extra items. Now all the extras are just left to lay in my inventory with no use.

Or perhaps there is a use for them coming later: maybe we'll get new alchemy-game based guard outfits just like those that can be found by exploring and worn only by certain guard's members. Then, I guess, they would have to make the scrolls sellable in any case, since who would want to make a guard outfit item that they couldn't even use?

The alchemy mini game: giving a possibility to re-make event outfit pieces
I agree with all the comments saying it is very expensive to coplete the event with this mini game. However, it might become more enjoyable, if we got an opportunity to keep making the event outfit elements in the alchemy game after we had finished all the event outfits. That way we could perhaps get extra colors of the clothes cheaper than from the store. In that case, I would have been happy to spend my money on colorings and alchemy creations. Not to mention that some of the extra ingredients and scrolls from the event would have gone to use.

#412 02/26/2019 at 06:21

Obsidian Guard
DiamondDust
Guard Patrol
DiamondDust

One thing I'm gonna miss is the pretty bg...the normal one is so dull looking now and the day/night transition is annoying when it makes the site lag

https://i.imgur.com/Z56g1QF.png
Tifa forever ❤️ Aerith never

#413 02/26/2019 at 07:23

Shadow Guard
Han
Young Recruit
Han

For my first outfit, I waited a whole week to find the last scroll which really slowed down the event for me. That was annoying because I did not want to use a lot of my maana, and that's a long time of not getting anywhere. I go to school online so I was able to be home and send my companion out all day, and it was frustrating because I also used up all my energy potions before even finding the last scroll.

Point is - I did a lot of exploring those days with a legendary companion to not find any relevant scrolls to move me forward.

However, during that time I found a bunch of other ingredients so that when I finally found the scroll I quickly went through the rest of the routes.

I did find that exploring the HQ gave me the best results.

So, I change my opinion about not liking this event; but I do wish there wasn't that whole week of nothing because it really made it less enjoyable during that time.

Last edited by Han (02/26/2019 at 07:24)

#414 02/26/2019 at 11:46

Shadow Guard
Felicie
Rookie
Felicie

So i got the event finally to the end and i am not as mad as i was in the beginning but still i hate it. It is just a terrible maana hole and it has some problems.

Like i would have fixed it like this:

1) You can gather many pieces at once (not just one boy at a time)
2) Drop rates higher to get items
3) Free companion at the end
4) No maana cost when making the items because this is an event and you should not make it cost maana to complete it
5) Better outfits because like jeesus that Valkyon outfit is so ugly i hate having it in my closet but the background is beautiful
6) Getting someone to test the code because why must it always be so laggy on the first two days
7) Last years outfit pieces should all be in the shop
8) Just some fun like a dialogue when you log on or even something because using the mini game is quite boring on its own
9) The pieces in the shop should be cheaper (my kidney doesn't even cost that much)

THE GOOD: Some of the outfit pieces are beautiful, the illustrations are great, the companion is cute as heck (too bad we cannot get her at the end), the timer is a life saver, the dates with the boys were cute (but i don't like how to acknowledge how it's like cheating like it should have been in an alternative dimension or something i don't know but don't acknowledge that you are cheating and then kiss like its great time)

But that is just my opinion :3

Last edited by Felicie (02/26/2019 at 15:26)

May your heart be your guiding key

https://i.skyrock.net/7623/74667623/pics/3291103078_1_3_pdZUNmpd.gif

#415 02/26/2019 at 15:23

Shadow Guard
Chite
Unicorn Sidekick
Chite

This event actually didn't turn out as bad as it first appeared.

The Beginning
   The beginning of the event moved by slowly. I chose the Absynthe outfit first, and I couldn't seem to get any scrolls for it for approximately a week (maybe a bit more). While that did worry me, I soon realized that, while my companion was searching for the scroll, he was gathering ingredients that would be necessary to make the other outfits later on. By the time I got my final Absynthe scroll, I had all the materials needed and was able to zoom through the rest of the event.

Dye Bonuses and Outfits
  The extra color dye bonuses were a huge help to me. While I didn't get the same color for each outfit piece, I didn't really have a need to. For the outfits I did like, I had enough color to match to the outfit pieces since they weren't all just one color (some red, some yellow, and so on). Outfits I had no particular interest in, I just used leftover colors and, overall, felt like I didn't waste precious resources.

Background and Ending
   I absolutely love the background; it's gorgeous. However, I have been with Eldarya for a good year or two, and remember how each event gave us a free pet when completed. It was saddening to see how this wasn't the case this time, considering I still had to use maana in this event when in others I didn't have to.

Overall Evaluation
I managed to finish the event, so I'm pretty satisfied about that. There were a few things I would have changed to make this event better, but it honestly wasn't as bad as it first seemed. If I compared it to other events, it would probably be a 6.5/10, mostly because I'm used to getting a pet as a reward rather than a background, and because I did have to use up maana in this event unlike the others.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/9c94a0c7e787ce95807b222b47d1dc39/tumblr_np0ihqymXt1rbk7nlo1_400.gif

#416 02/26/2019 at 17:44

Absynthe Guard
Morrigan
Young Recruit
Morrigan

The amount of maana I've had to use so far is absurd. I don't mind spending a little on events, but I should be able to complete most of an event for free if I log in daily. I'm a completionist and I really like the outfits and illustrations, so I'll probably complete it anyway, but it's a good thing I'm way behind in the story so I have enough maana. I think there should be a much higher drop rate for materials, and maybe a dedicated event map. Using alchemy is a cute idea but it was so poorly executed. Between having to choose one date at a time, and hardly finding any alchemy materials while exploring, it seems designed to force us to spend maana. :/

#417 02/27/2019 at 13:19

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

I just finished Valkyon's date
No longer is there any line about having a boyfriend. They must have removed it after the upset it caused.

#418 02/27/2019 at 13:52

Obsidian Guard
DiamondDust
Guard Patrol
DiamondDust

brokenendings wrote

No longer is there any line about having a boyfriend. They must have removed it after the upset it caused.
Too little too late for most ppl...I'm not in this game for the dates anyway but having that just made a bad event even worse for me

@AndiAngel I think the problem with that is the fact usually the line about a mystery guest means the pet at the end and not it appearing in the illustration so it's misleading from that angle and that's why ppl are angry and confused about it

Last edited by DiamondDust (02/27/2019 at 13:52)

https://i.imgur.com/Z56g1QF.png
Tifa forever ❤️ Aerith never

#419 02/27/2019 at 15:10

Obsidian Guard
WINNER
Young Recruit
WINNER

Phew! I finally managed to finish the event in time.   I can now express my final thoughts on this event. /static/img/forum/smilies/wink.png

Pros:
- Clothes: Great and pretty designs but some clothes seemed to be rushed, for example Nevra's outfit.
- Awesome background (I could have bought it straight from the shop, but there weren't any options   /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png )
- Good and sweet storyline and illustrations. I really enjoyed playing short dialogues.
- A great way to introduce us players to the alchemy game and get a better grasp of it.

Cons:

- It took a lot of time to finish the event,  mostly due to lack of maana

Suggestions for better game:

- Instead of making players buy gold coins or maana during events, it would be better if you guys had VIP options. VIP could last for a week, a month, 3 months and so on, but there are many benefits for the players. For example as a VIP, I could receive a 2x10 maana from one game. Or I could receive an exclusive outfit.
It would be much better that you give players many options such as being able to buy either Maana, Gold or VIP.

Overall this was a great experience for me. I would give 8/10. for this event

#420 02/27/2019 at 18:00

Obsidian Guard
TwiExMachina
Just Arrived
TwiExMachina

brokenendings wrote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the cheating lines only come up once you've chosen someone to date in the story itself, which is like 19 or something.  So it might not be fixed, depending on how far you are in the story. /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

#421 02/27/2019 at 18:31

Shadow Guard
Lain
Just Arrived
Lain

The one note I have for this event is that instead of making you wait a whole day if you get a wrong answer in the dates, it would be better to wait a few hours or somerhing; half a day at most. That way we don't waste a whole day for nothing.

I know that it not registering what I click is more of an issue with my device and the lag as well, however it is really annoying to be penalized so much for using something other than a computer. There is no way to finish the event in time for tablet users because of the day waits.

#422 02/27/2019 at 18:45

Shadow Guard
RegineA
Unicorn Sidekick
RegineA

@Lain It seems to be Beemov's biggest bugbear. Whenever there is a technical issue, you'd better hope that you're playing on a PC. Anything else, and it must be your device's fault (according to them). I wouldn't mind so much, but that fact that the layout changes to your device's size shows that there is at least a degree of optimisation for tablets and mobiles. It's something that they like to hide behind when anything goes wrong.

#423 02/28/2019 at 05:01

Shadow Guard
Amaneko
Just Arrived
Amaneko

brokenendings wrote

I see that you're on episode 8, I'm on episode 9 and didn't get the boyfriend line either - it's because story-wise, we're not dating anyone yet. The people who do probably still get that line. A bit like that Halloween event where Mery in a cute ghost costume popped up for me but others saw a more creepy version and rushed to make sure every new player gets a story spoiler.

#424 02/28/2019 at 10:06

Absynthe Guard
Siron
Young Recruit
Siron

Finally got all the outfits!!
Loved most of them, wished one of them could've been a little fancier though, since the rest all had neat shiny elements and yet another one kinda reminded me of one of the winter events (although i do think it's a cool outfit, no pun intended)

Also let me just say I ADORE the background we got, and I wish the overall background of the site could be toggled by ourselves with the settings so i can keep it haha. <3

Only things that kinda bugged me, as has been mentioned before by some others that it cost a lot of maana... My companion often returned without items though so I ended having to buy more ingredients because I would never be able to make it otherwise as opposed to events where your activity is actually rewarded, so I do hope they'll take that into account next time.

Also I hope they'll give the ones who finished the companion anyway because that's always been the case? Seems a little strange to me we'd have to buy it with coins that cost us actual money.
A little less than $9 actually for one companion...
(or well $9 because the only other amount is 250 gold for $5, rip)

Other than that a big thumbs up to the artists!
I finally found inspiration to update my outfit again haha. :')

Last edited by Siron (02/28/2019 at 10:10)

#425 02/28/2019 at 15:47

Absynthe Guard
Lynne
Just Arrived
Lynne

>> Final Review

So, I ended the event..."On time". If we weren't given those 2 extra days I would've probably failed to complete this.

I just really wish to never see an event related to the alchemy mini game, like ever again. This was just unfair on so many levels:

-People who weren't passed episode 6 couldn't acces the market and sell items to gain a little coin

-Other people had companions with low luck and could barely find anything at all...

-You couldn't sell event items (but I guess that was done on purpose)

-The fact that it gave some a "cheating" scenario... Truly baffled that you even thought this was alright in the slightest.

What I did like:

-Background

-The little compensation, I only used the white dye but it saved me 90M, so aight

https://data.whicdn.com/images/254340761/original.gif

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 15 16 17 18