#101 04/25/2020 at 18:40

Obsidian Guard
Evelina
Jouluvoittaja
Evelina

Shintarou wrote

Haruki wrote

Whispers: Economic collapse  everywhere ఠ_ఠ

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8043f6c79723c2208c0ac13253848ec1/tumblr_padxz3RzbK1s50wl0o1_400.png

Also this

https://66.media.tumblr.com/abe1216753a88742224195c9c7e995c2/tumblr_p9uqviurEI1vf8d20o1_400.png

Suomi-Finland https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8hvF6g-dgWqcsmGd9eYKZnA15TuLbklQb3ivr4kPVILghanCB
My Wishlist
https://dragcave.net/image/zGagj.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/pWyFx.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/EZTkP.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/zay7Z.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/N2hNO.gif

#102 04/25/2020 at 20:42

Shadow Guard
Linoa
Guard in Training
Linoa

@lex12 i agree with almost everything you said, though I don't see a problem with the seller paying to sell their item since I think it's good that people keep prices fair on the market so that it's more useful.

But I agree with the rest, and I think they may have put another nail in the coffin of the market. I especially don't like having to pay the deposit if you don't sell an item or if you cancel the auction. That's really not fair.

Regarding the new closet, it's mostly an improvement, but I don't like having to click in a category that only has one of the item (they should add a marker to show you have variants) and though the attic idea is fine, I wish there was a trash recycling bin where you could permanently destroy the item and get something back.

It doesn't even have to be maana, it could just be alchemy components since recycling clothes and getting fabric or sewing kits would make a lot of sense. I'd rather get rid of an item I really don't want and be able to get something useful instead and that might even incentivize more of us to spend maana on the maana-drain that is known as the alchemy minigame.

Lastly, it would be cool to have a donation area where we could donate the things we don't want to players in need of a some help. This is a nice to habe though, as I'm really just hoping the devs can fix what's broken first before adding completely new features.

ღ ❀ ℓιησα ❀ ღ

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/2b/Mog_FF6.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100705051012

#103 04/25/2020 at 23:56

Shadow Guard
Zanillia
Recruit
Zanillia

Well, the closet additions are good still, thankfully. But I have noticed a... significant tank in the market already. I don't know if it's correlated, but I suspect as much.

Honestly, every complaint here is entirely valid. >_>

#104 04/26/2020 at 01:57

Shadow Guard
x2Tori
Fatal Error
x2Tori

So I tried to go with it for a few days to see how I actually felt about these changes. The market changes are poor, it seems like not many people are posting on it and now people can't coordinate sales.

My personal biggest issue: the closet. Yes, it was cluttered and I know many players hated that. So, on one hand, I really do appreciate that the attic was added - the attic is great! How come just adding the attic wasn't enough though? I feel like it takes forever to change an outfit. My favorite aspect of this game has been the dress-up for years...and now I feel like my inspiration is completely squelched. I can't remember all the colors and now the closet interface is dreadfully tedious if you want to try accomplishing any sort of creative layering. You can't easily click things on or off.

Not good. I'm really bummed.

#105 04/26/2020 at 02:25

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

@Linoa maybe I didn't make myself as clear as I wanted, but I absolutely have no problem with paying a tax for *selling* something, in fact, I think it's a great idea. However, I strongly oppose paying anything in a case I won't manage to sell it.

Sellers didn't need extra incentive to make prices reasonable other than if it's too costy, it would simply not sell.
  It's not like having some overpriced stuff there hurted anyone! Not to mention, what price is considered reasonable is very subjective and hard to determine. Same item can be more desired depending on which color goes well with someones current outfit, how much mana they have atm, and if someone didn't decide to sell same thing just a bit cheaper a moment later, for example. Current prices for similar or same items are a big factor too, so if people really decide to sell ovearll cheaper, you won't be able to sell for a price that was considered affordable yesterday. All in all, supply and demand regulated market just fine. But now many people, me included, are too afraid to put anything fancy on sale.

@Zanillia yup, it's result of current changes. Also, I suspect it's even worse than simple pages count suggests, since due to BIN delay items sit on the market longer.

And I don't think I'll be selling anything for more than 16 mana since now on *sigh*.

Last edited by lex12 (04/26/2020 at 02:29)

#106 04/26/2020 at 03:21

Absynthe Guard
Teeah
Recruit
TiaAltivaz

Ohhh btw incase anyone cares, I did actually complain to someone on the team. Idk who but this is what they said to me:

Hello.

The tax on the items has disappeared, now the rent is charged for the space in the auction. Money is not returned if the item is not sold, we are analyzing the situation due to user complaints.

https://i.ibb.co/3dwKdK3/2b159cacd28708af94ad0f32966aeee3.gif

#107 04/26/2020 at 11:43

Absynthe Guard
Vaihanai
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Vaihanai

Ok so I have a couple of suggestions that could help everybody if they are implemented and that aren't too difficult to code for the game team:

CLOSET
-On and off button to be able to choose when to see the items all displayed or grouped together.
-If I only have one colour of something I don't want to click three times to select it. So single click to choose an item with a single colour variation.

MARKET
-The deposit returned to the user if the item isn't bought.
-Don't need to wait for immediate purchase in a 6h sale.

This is for me a good mid-ground term that most players would appreciate, and that also benefit Beemoov to some extent.

I don't know what y'all would think of this but IMO these would solve most of the problems, and they are pretty reasonable.

I'm not putting these in suggestions because someone already put some pretty great ones there. I'm just putting it here because if a random player like me can better a game that would satisfy the players more than a whole technical team then that's something to look into.

Polls and surveys from time to time would be great, too. Being able to at least feel that they are taking into account our opinions. I've seen a lot of games with these and they work very smoothly. They can also get a better grasp of what the players think of the changes, and that way they'll be able to only improve.   

EDIT: Also, I've noticed that if I go change clothes and try different items, I can't put back on the items I was originally wearing again if I only have 1 colour variation of that item... This could be a bug, but it's pretty annoying. Idk if it's happening to any of you too...

Last edited by Vaihanai (04/26/2020 at 11:57)

https://i.imgur.com/KIMI9l3.jpg

#108 04/26/2020 at 12:49

Shadow Guard
ȷungkook
Alchemy Apprentice
Guardian

Not sure if this is gonna work...But would be cool if someone who's good at coding could perhaps make a Stylish extension which converts the wardrobe to they way it used to be.
Just a thought /static/img/forum/smilies/roll.png

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6e/eb/38/6eeb383093fef384b8a0a9739be22e30.jpg

#109 04/26/2020 at 13:03

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

Vaihanai wrote

EDIT: Also, I've noticed that if I go change clothes and try different items, I can't put back on the items I was originally wearing again if I only have 1 colour variation of that item... This could be a bug, but it's pretty annoying. Idk if it's happening to any of you too...
It's also happening to me. I first thought it was internet conection, but it seem more like a bug to me now. I specially had problems with the eldarya skin and mouth.

Goodbye

It's been a pleasure serving in the guard with you all, but it's time for me to leave.
Hope you all have a wonderful time here in the lands of El.

Concept Art Suggestions
My Interactive Adventure: Don't worry, I will find the best treasure...Or not...

#110 04/26/2020 at 15:49

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

NoName_NoPower wrote

Vaihanai wrote

It's also happening to me. I first thought it was internet conection, but it seem more like a bug to me now. I specially had problems with the eldarya skin and mouth.

Your wording is a little confusing, so I'm not sure I understand the issue you're having, so I can't tell if it's something I've experienced as well or not.

#111 04/26/2020 at 15:59

Obsidian Guard
felicityswan
Just Arrived
felicityswan

Shintarou wrote

Haruki wrote

Whispers: Economic collapse  everywhere ఠ_ఠ

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8043f6c79723c2208c0ac13253848ec1/tumblr_padxz3RzbK1s50wl0o1_400.png

PREACH IT SISTER!!! /static/img/forum/smilies/cool.png

P.S. (Please read all. Im sorry, i know it a lot)

This is totally off topic, and specifically for Beemov but if any of you (Users) have advice I’d be happy to accept it.... here it goes, I'm on episode 7 (Im looking for Chrome’s companion) and my objective is to "Verifies Purrel’s Information" so I went to the burrow, I got a little trigger happy and clicked the dialogue really fast (don't judge, there was a lot of unneeded detail) I think I accidentally picked “Maybe I should dig the burrow”, instead of “I’ll look around, maybe I’ll find something there?” which leads to Valkons illustration (i found out later.) you would think that the episode would still go on nonetheless. But i've walked around everywhere on eldarya and i've even sent my companion out hoping maybe he would get chrome's companyoin, He found a bat looking companion but the bait used to catch it is 100 gold, and i don't have that kinda money! But I haven't gotten any dialogue or any new objective, nothing! And it's

#112 04/26/2020 at 18:00

Absynthe Guard
Vaihanai
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Vaihanai

brokenendings wrote

Your wording is a little confusing, so I'm not sure I understand the issue you're having, so I can't tell if it's something I've experienced as well or not.

I don't know if I can explain it any better because the issue itself is weird already xD It is also very specific, because it only happens with items I have in just one color.

First of all I noticed that the items of the outfit I'm wearing no longer appear first thing in the section as they used to, except for the ones I only have in one color. Maybe that's what is giving some problems.

If I start playing around and trying on different hairstyles, for example, I can't try on the hair I was wearing in the first place.
So if I'm wearing this hairstyle right now, go to the closet and try other hairstyle on I can't go back to wearing this black hair again...

Idk if it is explained any better, but welp xD

#113 04/26/2020 at 19:08

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Vaihanai wrote

brokenendings wrote

I don't know if I can explain it any better because the issue itself is weird already xD It is also very specific, because it only happens with items I have in just one color.

First of all I noticed that the items of the outfit I'm wearing no longer appear first thing in the section as they used to, except for the ones I only have in one color. Maybe that's what is giving some problems.

If I start playing around and trying on different hairstyles, for example, I can't try on the hair I was wearing in the first place.
So if I'm wearing this hairstyle right now, go to the closet and try other hairstyle on I can't go back to wearing this black hair again...

Idk if it is explained any better, but welp xD

That does clear things up. I was able to go test and see if the same thing happened to me. Which it did,

But it happened to me even though the hair I'm wearing I have in more than 1 color. I put on another hair, tried to put the one I'm wearing back on, and it wouldn't go. I was able to select the other color I own and it would go on, but not the current color.

So yeah, that's weird and definitely a bug. You should report it to the assistance thread if you haven't already.

#114 04/26/2020 at 20:28

Shadow Guard
CottonCandy
Unicorn Sidekick
CottonCandy

While thinking more on the market, I thought up of some of the issues that the new market system could cause.

1.) First is the issue of a player who just wants to get rid of their items right away and they might put the price of both the bid and immediate price at 1 maana, but then there's a chance that someone will bid because the immediate price doesn't show up for an hour and now the person is stuck waiting 6 hours until they can sell more items.

This is also an issue when selling food, I was selling leftover love candies for a bid of 25 maana and 25 immediate price, but because it takes an hour before the immediate price shows up players were bidding until it was up to 29 or 31 maana which made me have to wait another 6 hours before I could sell more. Sure, it is nice to get more maana, but I just wanted to sell the items as fast as possible while at the same time giving players a cheaper option for food.

2.) This setup could also make it difficult to get wishlist items because of the immediate price wait time there's a chance that another person could swoop in and bid on the item and then it's up to you on whether or not you are willing to spend more than you initially wanted. Not only that, but you need to be willing to be online for a whole hour before being able to snatch the item which can be difficult if you can only be online for a short amount of time.

3.) There is also the issue of putting up an item at the market at a certain price to test to see whether or not players think it is worth the price or not. With the taxing of the market it's going to make people not try this method because of the money loss it will cause the player and thus cause players to underprice something that should be worth more and essentially lose maana or not sell the item at all and stick it in their attic.

For example, a few months ago, I was testing to see how much someone would be willing to pay for a Summer Bindle 2017 and priced it at a bid of 800 maana and 1,000 immediate price for 24 hours. For the whole 24 hours no one bid or immediately bought it, but I decided to try again with the same pricing and lo' and behold someone bought it for the immediate price. With this current system I would have lost 70 maana and I would have made 860 maana instead of 1,000 maana.

I have read some people praising the new market system because it causes people to fairly price things, but I never understood what the problem was when people overpriced items, like you can easily just ignore it. Now with this update people are not going to be selling as much, so sure you might no longer see hilariously overpriced items, but now you're barely going to be seeing anything at all. The event section of the market used to have 40-60 pages and now it only has 19. I really hope Beemoov sees the complaints for the market and changes it.

http://78.media.tumblr.com/0a65eebd3afbdde2f0112e22e14133f1/tumblr_opjgm7m6dx1vsjtkfo4_540.gif

#115 04/26/2020 at 20:34

Shadow Guard
Cailin
Rookie
Cailin

brokenendings wrote

You're assuming the market change was something they did to please us.

Nope and I did not say anything like that. I simply say they should communicate no matter what their intention is cause that way it would be (even more) beneficial for us AND them.

I get that they did it in a big update so the players would be more likely to accept it, I also stated a similar opinion in an earlier post I think. I think that is very much clear to most people on here, since it's painfully obvious.

But as said, communication could've made this work.

Solely pretty

#116 04/26/2020 at 20:43

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

CottonCandy wrote

While thinking more on the market, I thought up of some of the issues that the new market system could cause.

1.) First is the issue of a player who just wants to get rid of their items right away and they might put the price of both the bid and immediate price at 1 maana, but then there's a chance that someone will bid because the immediate price doesn't show up for an hour and now the person is stuck waiting 6 hours until they can sell more items.

This is also an issue when selling food, I was selling leftover love candies for a bid of 25 maana and 25 immediate price, but because it takes an hour before the immediate price shows up players were bidding until it was up to 29 or 31 maana which made me have to wait another 6 hours before I could sell more. Sure, it is nice to get more maana, but I just wanted to sell the items as fast as possible while at the same time giving players a cheaper option for food.

2.) This setup could also make it difficult to get wishlist items because of the immediate price wait time there's a chance that another person could swoop in and bid on the item and then it's up to you on whether or not you are willing to spend more than you initially wanted. Not only that, but you need to be willing to be online for a whole hour before being able to snatch the item which can be difficult if you can only be online for a short amount of time.

3.) There is also the issue of putting up an item at the market at a certain price to test to see whether or not players think it is worth the price or not. With the taxing of the market it's going to make people not try this method because of the money loss it will cause the player and thus cause players to underprice something that should be worth more and essentially lose maana or not sell the item at all and stick it in their attic.

For example, a few months ago, I was testing to see how much someone would be willing to pay for a Summer Bindle 2017 and priced it at a bid of 800 maana and 1,000 immediate price for 24 hours. For the whole 24 hours no one bid or immediately bought it, but I decided to try again with the same pricing and lo' and behold someone bought it for the immediate price. With this current system I would have lost 70 maana and I would have made 860 maana instead of 1,000 maana.

I have read some people praising the new market system because it causes people to fairly price things, but I never understood what the problem was when people overpriced items, like you can easily just ignore it. Now with this update people are not going to be selling as much, so sure you might no longer see hilariously overpriced items, but now you're barely going to be seeing anything at all. The event section of the market used to have 40-60 pages and now it only has 19. I really hope Beemoov sees the complaints for the market and changes it.

While these are all issues that matter to us, the players, I can easily see these problems as things beemoov would want to cause for us, for the ways it would benefit them.

The only hope that could exist in which they might listen to us and change some of these things would be if someone who doesn't actually play and participate in the game made these decisions. Which, based on past decisions beemoov has made, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have any employees participating in the game in order to understand what would actually work before they implement it. They might playtest it, but playtesting and actively participating are two different things.

Last edited by brokenendings (04/26/2020 at 20:45)

#117 04/26/2020 at 23:12

Shadow Guard
CottonCandy
Unicorn Sidekick
CottonCandy

brokenendings wrote

While these are all issues that matter to us, the players, I can easily see these problems as things beemoov would want to cause for us, for the ways it would benefit them.

The only hope that could exist in which they might listen to us and change some of these things would be if someone who doesn't actually play and participate in the game made these decisions. Which, based on past decisions beemoov has made, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have any employees participating in the game in order to understand what would actually work before they implement it. They might playtest it, but playtesting and actively participating are two different things.

Oh, absolutely! It is pretty clear that they released the attic and the market upgrade at the same time to try and lessen blow (clearly didn't work). It is also clear that the market update was created to hinder players making a lot maana off the market. I really hope they do listen to the players since I've seen a ton of outrage over it, especially since quite a few people on here are only here for the market/customization. Although I have doubts they will change anything since they didn't do anything with the AP change or removal of some of the boys in MCL after that massive uproar.

http://78.media.tumblr.com/0a65eebd3afbdde2f0112e22e14133f1/tumblr_opjgm7m6dx1vsjtkfo4_540.gif

#118 04/27/2020 at 09:58

Shadow Guard
Hisui
Guard in Training
Hisui

Hello^^

I let pass a few days before commenting on these news.

The attic is a great idea, but I don't get why the things that we put there aren't visible to the market...

The change of the closet for someone it will be easy for others no. It's just a metter of mind-set!

The space for our favourite outfits it would be a great idea if it was not for the price... We used the screenshot until now and we will continue to do so. Nobody will used a third of the maana we need to complete an episode to save an outfit!

The deposit: why on earth we have to pay even if the transaction fails! I don't know if it's different in France but in Italy the deposit is something that you get back eventually, and in some circumstances also with interests.

Sorry for my poor English >-<

#119 04/27/2020 at 17:09

Absynthe Guard
Vixen
Guard in Training
Vixen

brokenendings wrote

I wasn't actually aware of this. It seems kind of... strange that they'd only consider the opinion of someone who doesn't play. Sure, we are definitely all biased since we play the game. But in order to make games like these work they should take user feedback into consideration and at least come up with a compromise if not an improvement to the system that was put in place. Both sides should matter.

It seems to make more sense taking into consideration what you've said - why the updates they push out don't favour the players at all. Do you think that if the market became very desolate, that could convince them maybe? I haven't been selling at all since the update, I'm scared my items won't sell or that I'll list them way too under-priced to have reassurance that they will sell...

https://i.imgur.com/qofRrWL.gif

#120 04/27/2020 at 23:36

Shadow Guard
Cailin
Rookie
Cailin

Actually the wardrobe is causing issues, when I wanna change the mouth, it just stays the same and I must reload several times to make it work. And I am getting pretty tired of all the clicking for dressing up. Nobody can tell me that this is a good change to the wardrobe seriously xD

(And for anyone about to suggest contacting the support, I aint gonna report that, cause 1st. The changes suck anyway and 2nd. This thread should be read too, so they know now).

Solely pretty

#121 04/28/2020 at 03:52

Shadow Guard
Dizzy4483
Recruit
Dizzy4483

I've noticed the drop in the market already, I think this is going to kill it off.

It will also affect the success of the events - I get really fed up of sending my companion out to find outfit pieces, as there is hardly any chance of getting the colour you want, so I normally try to avoid that by buying the outfit pieces I want from the market.

If there is hardly anything on the market either, then I'm just going to lose interest in the events, as they're getting too hard to complete, and probably the game as a whole.

I do sell items on the market, but probably buy more than I sell - if I can't get hold of things, the game as a whole will become less appealing.

I enjoy the dress up side of Eldarya a lot more than the episodes, I tend to get bored, especially if they take over 2 hours to play.  I don't enjoy the story lines anymore, a lot of it's just too depressing, and by the time I get enough maana to play again, I've forgotten what happened last time.

#122 04/28/2020 at 07:18

Obsidian Guard
Hatori
Young Recruit
Hatori

Vaihanai wrote

CLOSET
-On and off button to be able to choose when to see the items all displayed or grouped together.
-If I only have one colour of something I don't want to click three times to select it. So single click to choose an item with a single colour variation.

^ That.

We stuff the things we consider ugly or just don't want in the Attic to save time by not having to scroll past them when looking for the pretty things. But now we waste even more time.

If I want to see which top fits best with a skirt and have to go back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. I'd rather have the old system without attic where I just have to scroll up and down.

#123 04/28/2020 at 09:33

Shadow Guard
Zatara
Unicorn Sidekick
Zatara

The Eldarya team just made the following announcement:

1. Half of the deposit will be given back if your item does not sell.
2. The 1 hr waiting period is gone

The 1 hr waiting period was unnecessary to begin with (at least they removed it).

Half of your deposit is now given back when the item does not sell. Your entire deposit should be given back, because the item did not sell. If the item is not sold you did not make any money, and now you lose money with the new system.
They could have also brought back the tax system, and increased the tax instead...but we are now stuck with this new mediocre system. The market will continue to keep dying.

#124 04/28/2020 at 11:56

Absynthe Guard
Vixen
Guard in Training
Vixen

Zatara wrote

1. Half of the deposit will be given back if your item does not sell.
2. The 1 hr waiting period is gone

This isn't enough - its moving in the right direction but the new system is still bad. This won't convince me to go back to selling on the market.

https://i.imgur.com/qofRrWL.gif

#125 04/28/2020 at 12:56

Absynthe Guard
Vaihanai
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Vaihanai

Well, the 1hr waiting period gone sure is nice, so thanks for that. Even so, it's not an improvement, it's just a going back to how it was before.

The other thing is ok, but it's not good either.

It's an improvement but it's also worse than what we had first so I will still complain about the things that have to be improved...

Last edited by Vaihanai (04/29/2020 at 11:05)

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 3 4 5 6