Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6

#76 04/23/2020 at 23:39

Absynthe Guard
Nur
Soldier of the Guard
Nur

Is this an indirect way to tell the poor players (those who can't spend a dime in this game) to just suck it up or go away if you've got nothing?
Is this the way to penalize players who get decent profit in the Market?
Is this another way to force players to sell things in small amount so that they couldn't advance in the stories further than 3 clicks or afford daily pet food without going to the Bank?

I know that this is one of the nasty solutions to make sure players buy maaana/coins in the Bank.
I also know that this is a move to stop players to strategize their maaana reserve and market businesses.

...Is this another Beemoov's initiative to irate more players & get rid of them for good?

https://i.postimg.cc/sXQ6XrSC/cat-laser.gif

#77 04/24/2020 at 00:31

Shadow Guard
LyricAiLove
Guard in Training
LyricAiLove

The closet changes are interesting and I can't wait to play around with it.

The market changes? Once again, here goes Beemoov being blatant money grubbers. They knew that the market was where most players went when they needed more maana. So they nerfed it in a ploy to force players to go to the bank. At this point, Beemoov is begging for a complete player mutiny.

Last edited by LyricAiLove (04/24/2020 at 08:36)

~ Angels In Flight ~

https://images.khinsider.com/Graphics/Signatures/riku222.jpg

#78 04/24/2020 at 03:37

Absynthe Guard
Teeah
Recruit
TiaAltivaz

Esstelle wrote

Will the deposit be returned if the item doesn't sell?

Ooh, and edited to add: I don't mind paying for extra outfit storage space, and I think it's a good compromise given that the company needs to make $.

But having the closet space increase in price as you buy more is off-putting to those who would otherwise be willing to do it. I was going to use all of my gold to purchase slots, but I stopped when the price went up. It felt like being penalized for trying to support you.

Dude I tested it out with the tax being only 1manna and put it up on the market, and took it down, then didn't get that 1 manna back so wtf?! You're kidding right that had to be a bug yeah? They're no way they can keep the tax manna on an item that either doesn't sell or you decide to cancel the auction. That's impossible.
I'll likely quite. I usually only sell things that are worth at least like 50-100manna so with crazy increase on tax already, but not too get that back if the auction doesn't sell or I cancel it? I've been trying to sell an egg for like 2000 manna since the update, not knowing all this until I just tested it out. I'm not ok with this.

Last edited by TiaAltivaz (04/24/2020 at 03:38)

https://i.ibb.co/3dwKdK3/2b159cacd28708af94ad0f32966aeee3.gif

#79 04/24/2020 at 04:51

Just Arrived
Idrin

TiaAltivaz wrote

Esstelle wrote

Ooh, and edited to add: I don't mind paying for extra outfit storage space, and I think it's a good compromise given that the company needs to make $.

But having the closet space increase in price as you buy more is off-putting to those who would otherwise be willing to do it. I was going to use all of my gold to purchase slots, but I stopped when the price went up. It felt like being penalized for trying to support you.

Dude I tested it out with the tax being only 1manna and put it up on the market, and took it down, then didn't get that 1 manna back so wtf?! You're kidding right that had to be a bug yeah? They're no way they can keep the tax manna on an item that either doesn't sell or you decide to cancel the auction. That's impossible.
I'll likely quite. I usually only sell things that are worth at least like 50-100manna so with crazy increase on tax already, but not too get that back if the auction doesn't sell or I cancel it? I've been trying to sell an egg for like 2000 manna since the update, not knowing all this until I just tested it out. I'm not ok with this.

Hi! The "deposit" (tax) won't be returned in any case, you loose maanas for every auction you make if the price is higher than 16 maanas, I think.
So if you sell or don't sell the item or if you cancel the auction you will alway loose the deposit.

#80 04/24/2020 at 08:32

Absynthe Guard
Teeah
Recruit
TiaAltivaz

Idrin wrote

TiaAltivaz wrote

Esstelle wrote

Hi! The "deposit" (tax) won't be returned in any case, you loose maanas for every auction you make if the price is higher than 16 maanas, I think.
So if you sell or don't sell the item or if you cancel the auction you will alway loose the deposit.

That's literally nuts. They're fucking crazy how the hell are you not about to tell any one that in this little update of theirs. What made them think that's ok?! I'm literally over this game at this point and I've poured in tons of my money since I started playing this game. I can't even express the let down all this is. I'm over it.

Last edited by TiaAltivaz (04/24/2020 at 08:34)

https://i.ibb.co/3dwKdK3/2b159cacd28708af94ad0f32966aeee3.gif

#81 04/24/2020 at 08:51

Obsidian Guard
Forte
Moderoija
Forte

Attic is a nice idea. I remember, lots of people wanted that attic, and it's finally here (year or two later though). It was nice to get rid of some clothes. I still think that the best idea would be that we could turn them into maanas. Not in marketplace, but like...destroy them and get maana from it. But this is okay too.

As for the marketplace...yeah, I just don't get it. What's the point? What this new improvement brings us? No-one asked to pay maanas to get the items sold. I remember, many asked some sort of, how to say, a rooftop. Too many times I see some item being sold like 100,000 maanas. No-one in their right minds would pay something like that so it is just annoying.

I'm grim, full of gloom in my dim gothic tomb.

#82 04/24/2020 at 14:42

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Forte wrote

No-one asked to pay maanas to get the items sold. I remember, many asked some sort of, how to say, a rooftop. Too many times I see some item being sold like 100,000 maanas. No-one in their right minds would pay something like that so it is just annoying.

It isn't about it being a change people asked for. This is something they're doing to make it harder for people to earn maana on the market so that those people might buy maana from the bank instead.

Honestly I think that's misguided in a free-to-play game. Anybody who was making all their maana on the market isn't gonna suddenly turn around and shell out real money. They're just going to stop playing. They're literally going to lose players on their site rather than get them to spend money instead.

And then there's the players who made maana off the market but did spend money on the game occasionally. They're also risking losing them too. The money spenders most likely only bought bank outfits, so making it harder to earn maana without spending money might make them stop playing too.

So they're risking losing a lot of players and a lot of people who actually did give them money before they made this change.

I truly hate the 1 hour wait for buy it now. Cuz no one can tell that my listed BIN price is the same as the bid price so they might bid before they can see the BIN, and that makes me lose a selling slot for 5 hours now, when if they'd waited 30 minutes they could've bought it for 1 maana cheaper.

Last edited by brokenendings (04/24/2020 at 14:44)

#83 04/24/2020 at 15:47

Obsidian Guard
Valaena
Guard in Training
Valaena

brokenendings wrote

I truly hate the 1 hour wait for buy it now. Cuz no one can tell that my listed BIN price is the same as the bid price so they might bid before they can see the BIN, and that makes me lose a selling slot for 5 hours now, when if they'd waited 30 minutes they could've bought it for 1 maana cheaper.

This. Yep. Before this change, I was able to sell a lot of items every day cause if no one bought certain items in the first 20 minutes I would just take them down and put them up again for a lower price. Now I can't do that anymore... And as for bidding, that makes it even worse cause it will take all 6 hours...
Selling more than 3 items per day is nearly impossible now...

#84 04/24/2020 at 17:12

Obsidian Guard
azeralove
Young Recruit
azeralove

TO BE HONEST! I haven't had anything good come from this whole marketing thing, it's sad that u have to pay manna in order to sell??? that honestly was reallllly bad to add into the new update, and on top of that one mistake can cause someone to lose almost all their manna like me, it's crazy and very confusing, and now its gonna take forever to replace the manna I lost for something I don't even want.

maybe instead of all these confusing details, u could have added a recycling system where we could just recycle items for a good amount of manna and just get rid of our junk that way without losing so much because of confusing updates... idk its an idea??

#85 04/24/2020 at 17:49

Obsidian Guard
Shintarou
Just Arrived
Shintarou

Nur wrote

Is this an indirect way to tell the poor players (those who can't spend a dime in this game) to just suck it up or go away if you've got nothing?
Is this another way to force players to sell things in small amount so that they couldn't advance in the stories further than 3 clicks or afford daily pet food without going to the Bank?

I know that this is one of the nasty solutions to make sure players buy maaana/coins in the Bank.
I also know that this is a move to stop players to strategize their maaana reserve and market businesses.

...Is this another Beemoov's initiative to irate more players & get rid of them for good?

Beemoov's favorite past time is to destroy their own business. After the whole mess with MCL they should have quit trying their bs. But here we are, in another mess again. And again.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8d6df0a52db167a08300dfcf06fbe1eb/tumblr_inline_mvsujxKIbC1qk1or3.gif

#86 04/24/2020 at 19:15

Obsidian Guard
GoldenAischa
Rookie
GoldenAischa

I'm with everyone else on the marketplace. Tbh, I haven't even been on the marketplace since they cut it off to players who haven't finished enough episodes. I pretty much play this game for the events and dress-up element, so I still haven't cleared whatever episode it is which unlocks it.

I kiiiinda see the potential benefits of adding a deposit feature (and I appreciate @brokenendings 's economics analysis), but turning the marketplace into such a high-risk, even exclusionary environment is a step in the wrong direction if they're trying to make players happy. Beemov is seriously disincentivizing all sellers by making them pay significant percentages of their sale, regardless of whether that sale is successful. (Almost) no one is happy with this decision on this thread, and I think that speaks volumes.

As to the closet changes, I'm pretty ambivalent. I kind of liked being able to scroll past all of my color variations, and clicking back and forth gets old fast. However, I do appreciate the attic feature - I can finally get rid of some wigs I never wear!

Forte wrote

I still think that the best idea would be that we could turn them into maanas. Not in marketplace, but like...destroy them and get maana from it. But this is okay too.

YES! I've thought for years that this should be an option. It would get rid of so much excessive crap people have lying around in their inventories. It wouldn't even have to be a lot of maana! Just give me a couple in exchange for clearing out some of the companion food I've got maxed out from explorations!

Last edited by GoldenAischa (04/24/2020 at 19:20)

https://i.imgur.com/2gMh6r3.png

#87 04/24/2020 at 20:15

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

GoldenAischa wrote

Forte wrote

I still think that the best idea would be that we could turn them into maanas. Not in marketplace, but like...destroy them and get maana from it. But this is okay too.

YES! I've thought for years that this should be an option. It would get rid of so much excessive crap people have lying around in their inventories. It wouldn't even have to be a lot of maana! Just give me a couple in exchange for clearing out some of the companion food I've got maxed out from explorations!

Just want to make you guys wary, that if beemoov did instill some kind of disposal system, I'd bet all my maana that you wouldn't gain maana for disposing of items. You'd have to pay maana to dispose of items.

Disposing is something you want to be able to do. So they wouldn't reward you with maana for doing something you want to be able to do. They'd make you spend maana to be able to do it.

#88 04/24/2020 at 20:23

Absynthe Guard
divines
Just Arrived
divines

Like everyone in this forum, it's a bittersweet update for me.

While I do love the closet and attic idea, at the same time,  you can only save one outfit. If you want to save two more outfits, you must pay an additional manna or gold fee so the slot can be unlocked.

As for the market deposit price, that is completely unnecessary in my opinion. I haven't checked this forum entirely - but what if no one buys/auctions off the item you deposited? Will you truly get your deposit back or not?

I do enjoy the attic option where I can now store the items that I know I would never put on my character, but the rest of this update... I don't know what to say. I guess you guys took our feedback, yes, but this wasn't what we entirely asked...

Thank you anyways?

https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls7b91hhpS1r10jj7.gif

#89 04/24/2020 at 21:17

Absynthe Guard
Nur
Soldier of the Guard
Nur

Shintarou wrote

Nur wrote

Beemoov's favorite past time is to destroy their own business. After the whole mess with MCL they should have quit trying their bs. But here we are, in another mess again. And again.

Exactly.

Not need to sugarcoat that players will sell things cheaply after the new deposit crap etc.

This is business, if you agree to buy someone's item, you've agreed the stated price. That's all.

https://i.postimg.cc/sXQ6XrSC/cat-laser.gif

#90 04/25/2020 at 00:11

Absynthe Guard
mezuku
Recruit
mezuku

So, has anyone noticed the servere hit the market has taken in the last two days? Items that used to be able to easily go for 1500+ maana to help that player out and had a small buyer pool are suddenly dropping to under 1000? I mean, as a buyer it is a great opportunity, but.... it's gross. Those items are rare and go for way more, but the fear of losing maana on an item with a lower buyer pool is absolutely terrifying. Rare items are going to be even harder to come by now and people with high-risk, high-reward items are not going to have the garentee to put up their stuff.
I want people to get their fair share and use the market to help them. We feared this would kill the marketplace, and it only took 48 hours for that to come true.

Also, did some math (read: plugged numbers into the market to see how much they charge)

When I entered 100 maana as the immediate buy price on an item, I got
6 hours: 3% (3 maana)
12 hours: 5% (5 maana)
24 hours: 7% (7 maana)
48 hours: 10% (10 maana)

Imagine paying that much just to lose it because you have an item that people may not see?

#91 04/25/2020 at 00:50

Shadow Guard
Ieyasu
Vanquised the Boobrie
Ieyasu

mezuku wrote

So, has anyone noticed the servere hit the market has taken in the last two days? Items that used to be able to easily go for 1500+ maana to help that player out and had a small buyer pool are suddenly dropping to under 1000? I mean, as a buyer it is a great opportunity, but.... it's gross. Those items are rare and go for way more, but the fear of losing maana on an item with a lower buyer pool is absolutely terrifying. Rare items are going to be even harder to come by now and people with high-risk, high-reward items are not going to have the garentee to put up their stuff.
I want people to get their fair share and use the market to help them. We feared this would kill the marketplace, and it only took 48 hours for that to come true.

Also, did some math (read: plugged numbers into the market to see how much they charge)

Imagine paying that much just to lose it because you have an item that people may not see?

This server usually have 100 pages of sellable items. But over the past two days, there's been a 20-40 pages decrease. The number of sellers has definitely dropped.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/70f9049f03a221b3e47a53f9a1afa6f0/336e141fec56c4dc-82/s400x600/f538d82d2e7f875e6ea43bfe106869eaadc2f99f.gifvhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/3366a6ef7c84a4a2d644d5dfc797a8c9/336e141fec56c4dc-11/s400x600/a05a6590e4c11ae499b72a27e02a7f675efc0f8c.gifvhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/1ceb4320993c7888e7bf1f00afe1b1c8/336e141fec56c4dc-44/s400x600/657d203293286e5b687eaf1a0ec9104b18983b9d.gifv

#92 04/25/2020 at 01:18

Obsidian Guard
Evelina
Jouluvoittaja
Evelina

Shintarou wrote

Nur wrote

Just imagine how happy players would've been if this update only consisted of the attic (& possibly other closet features). But no, of course, they just have to ruin it. Beetroot seems to really love doing that, ruining stuff for players.

Suomi-Finland https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8hvF6g-dgWqcsmGd9eYKZnA15TuLbklQb3ivr4kPVILghanCB
My Wishlist
https://dragcave.net/image/zGagj.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/pWyFx.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/EZTkP.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/zay7Z.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/N2hNO.gif

#93 04/25/2020 at 05:24

Soldier of the Guard
Arandis

Okay... so I tested this "new" market for a while:
out of 6 items I put up for (two rounds of 3 items of) 6 hour auctions I sell only 1 item...
that means I loose the deposit for 5 auctions.
Even if I try to sell the items pretty cheap, the average deposit for a 6 hour auction is 2 maana for me.
That equals 10 maana minimum loss per day = 70 per week
= 280 maana or more loss per month /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png  /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png

Since I cant play the mini games more often, I will have to put up with this loss or... buy the minimum amount of maana for € 2.99 real money to have the same game-experience as before.

Wont happen beemoov. Wont happen.
I did buy a little maana now and then in the past...

but now I am in boycott mode ! ! !

https://i.imgur.com/l0nrIZ2.png?1

#94 04/25/2020 at 08:41

Obsidian Guard
Haruki
Defender of the Guard
Haruki

Whispers: Economic collapse  everywhere ఠ_ఠ

https://i.imgur.com/4y7pUCg.jpg

#95 04/25/2020 at 10:10

Shadow Guard
Cailin
Rookie
Cailin

I just can't figure out why they would not/never adress and discuss such a big change with the community..?
They could've simply made a survey with the designs they had in mind for the update and have a YES or NO button and an additional option to bring up some thought or idea.
That's not even difficult to do and it would've likely shown, what the comments are expressing now.

If it's changes that do not affect everybody or have to be changed (for whatever reason), then ofc a survey isn't necessary but THIS was exactly when they should have communicated BEFORE changing up something major in the game. Especially when they come up with weird ideas that nobody asked for.

I do agree that the attic and the outfit save are great but the rest isn't gonna work.

Last edited by Cailin (04/25/2020 at 10:11)

Solely pretty

#96 04/25/2020 at 10:58

Obsidian Guard
HikariAnya
Guard in Training
HikariAnya

Hi

So, let's say it, the market changes suck. There's nothing more I have to say. Everything is said in all of the reaction comments on the 9 different servers of Eldarya.

I wanted to say something about some people who are happy because there won't be people selling at enormous prices anymore. First, you don't have to buy it, obviously, so I don't really understand why it's annoying, but it's only my point of view. I respect that some don't like it.
And some items that are worth very high prices. Like the Spring Bohemian items or the Spring Faery Bindles. I don't think the Firefly atmosphere exist on the other servers than the french one but that item (that was given to the bêta testers) is the rarest and is worth at least 50k and even 70k, and people buy them for that price. This update means that no one will be able to acquire these items anymore because no one will sell them. Quite sad isn't ?
Next, remember that the attic appeared just now. Before, some people, including myself, had found another way to clean their closet. You know how ? By putting items for sales and when it was over, not collecting them. That way it stayed in the market but not the closet. Of course, to do that, no one had to actually buy the item, so we put it at high prices. It wasn't so that someone would buy it. And I don't know why this would be a problem. Plus there are not that many pages in the market here. I've never seen more than a hundred, while on the french server, there are over 800 pages (fell to 500 since the update) and even there, when you look for a specific item (except haircuts 'cause there's a lot of them), it's fine if there are some that are impossible to buy.

So, please, for these few people (if someone ever read my post), just think about it.

In mourning of the the market.

#97 04/25/2020 at 12:12

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Ieyasu wrote

mezuku wrote

This server usually have 100 pages of sellable items. But over the past two days, there's been a 20-40 pages decrease. The number of sellers has definitely dropped.

I wouldn't say it was 100 pages of sellable items. It was 100 pages of items sure, but not sellable. Probably at least 60 pages of items that won't sell, and if we're lucky 30 pages of items that will actually sell.

I've also yet to see any item that used to go for 1500 be posted for 1000 or less. I've seen items that would be posted at 1500 but never sell at that price be posted for less, but it's still not selling at the lower price either.

Cailin wrote

I just can't figure out why they would not/never adress and discuss such a big change with the community..?
They could've simply made a survey with the designs they had in mind for the update and have a YES or NO button and an additional option to bring up some thought or idea.
That's not even difficult to do and it would've likely shown, what the comments are expressing now.

If it's changes that do not affect everybody or have to be changed (for whatever reason), then ofc a survey isn't necessary but THIS was exactly when they should have communicated BEFORE changing up something major in the game. Especially when they come up with weird ideas that nobody asked for.

I do agree that the attic and the outfit save are great but the rest isn't gonna work.

You're assuming the market change was something they did to please us. Not all changes they make are something they think we want. Some changes are things they're doing to benefit themselves. A poll would only make sense if their goal was to give the player a better experience. That's what the closet and attic thing were for. But they bundled something for us with a change they only made to help themselves regardless of how it affects us.
If they'd made the market change without the closet/attic addition they would've received a much bigger backlash. They also benefited themselves by grouping the two together in a single package to lessen the backlash and so they won't have to change it back because of the smaller backlash.

Last edited by brokenendings (04/25/2020 at 12:16)

#98 04/25/2020 at 14:42

Shadow Guard
Selkis
Recruit
Selkis

Thanks Beemov for the update in the closet! The attic function is nice! And having the same items grouped helps with oreder and viewing a way less crowded closet.

I don't like the deposit update in the market, I think it will have less people selling items in the market.

Last edited by Selkis (04/25/2020 at 14:47)

Live life and have fun /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#99 04/25/2020 at 15:53

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

I do not post on forums in general, but I just felt the need to do it this time, because, I totally don't get it!
Why are they trying to kill market? I see people writing it's to force players to spend more maana, but it doesn't make sense. I mean, I do get they need profit, I do not blame them, every company does, but hear me out.
For every item you sell, someone else buys it, therefore loses maana, therefore is more likely to use cash. Also, the more items traded and for higher price, the more maana permamently evaporates from the system thanks to tax or deposit or whatever you call it.
Now, the players who don't pay won't start now, and the ones who do would pay more if they had more nice stuff to buy from the market.
So, wouldn't in be actually good for beemoov if there was more trade and for prices as high as possible?  I'm confused, somebody explain it please!

Oh and, I think this update wouldn't be so bad (only slightly bad and maybe I'd even think attic balances it out) if we didn't lose deposit for items that didn't sell, but as it is now, it's just... well, we all can see how many pages of items there are on the market.

P.S. And please spare me this "but all those overpriced things listed by bad, bad people will be gone now" nonsense. It never was a problem, nobody was forced to buy anything if they didn't want to. ...Now that I think of it, crazy priced listings could be actually a cool way to show off and let other people try on some nice outfits you didn't really want to sell ;)

Last edited by lex12 (04/26/2020 at 03:33)

#100 04/25/2020 at 18:03

Obsidian Guard
Shintarou
Just Arrived
Shintarou

Haruki wrote

Whispers: Economic collapse  everywhere ఠ_ఠ

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8043f6c79723c2208c0ac13253848ec1/tumblr_padxz3RzbK1s50wl0o1_400.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8d6df0a52db167a08300dfcf06fbe1eb/tumblr_inline_mvsujxKIbC1qk1or3.gif

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6