Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

#101 07/23/2020 at 21:00

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

It absolutely would've been a better idea if they started over with a new main character.
Because of our avatar's customizability, they could've given us a new wig, eyes and mouth (maybe even skin) to represent the new character.

I think they made a mistake not giving happy endings to the characters who they were getting rid of. At least in MCL they had a little resolution, but here anybody who was interested in Valkyon or Ezarel got shafted.

I wonder if the reason they didn't start completely fresh was because they wanted to milk the most popular love interests. Cuz how could you start with a new character but have Leiftan and Nevra be options?

They created a mess of a situation from things they want to keep while "starting over"

~~~
>> IDEA
In the vein of "starting with a new character" I actually thought of an interesting idea that could've started with a new character but everything from season 1 would still have weight and matter in regards to the new character.

What if Erika was reincarnated? So you're playing as a new person, and she first comes to meet everyone from her past life before she finds any memories of them.

She'd also first come from Earth but time passes differently or some kind of thing like that, so only a few years passed in Eldarya, whereas maybe 20 years passed on Earth, allowing her soul time to be reborn into a new person and grow up.

So you could have a brand new adventure with some of the old characters, and there'd be this interesting aspect when both the old love interests and this new MC discover that she has Erika's memories.

So at some point you could say who you had a relationship in your past life, and that could influence your current story, if you pursue one of the people from your past life.

But at the same time it'd give you the freedom to ignore the past and pursue a future unrelated to your past life with new characters.

Like, win-win. That actually sounds more interesting than anything beemoov has come up with for MCL, Eldarya, or ML, and I only just came up with the idea 10 minutes ago.

Last edited by brokenendings (07/23/2020 at 21:01)

#102 07/23/2020 at 21:52

The Answer to Everything
Kaitlynne

Ok so @brokenendings's post gave me an idea. And note: this is only if Eldarya ends up having a third season.

So when Season 2 ends and if Eldarya ends up having a Season 3, then maybe players can DM the people who make the stuff on Eldarya on what they think would be a good idea for a basis on Season 3, just the basis. Then Eldarya takes these ideas and forms a base to build off of using a mashup of ideas. Not all ideas have to be used, but maybe they try using some of the ideas.

Haha I don't know why I'm saying this when a possible Season Three won't come for years, but I just had to get it out of my system.

https://i.imgur.com/SoMdnxn.pnghttps://media.tenor.com/images/651d0b7cdd4a5ced4e4c89435efba718/tenor.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/SoMdnxn.png

#103 07/24/2020 at 12:34

Absynthe Guard
Symphony
Young Recruit
Symphony

I have some positive and some negative feelings about this.

First, I love the new character designs, and the changes we're going to see, as well as keeping all our clothes and our avatar the same.

But I don't love the new AP system, as that is downright AWFUL in MCL, and takes about three times as long, on average, to complete an episode.  You also have a hard time remembering what you were talking about, so it makes you care a lot less about the story.

Also, after the massive push back for taking away MCL love interests, y'all are doing this AGAIN?  Why bother playing the games, if the people you get attached to are just gone?  I get one of them, considering how Valkyon's route ended in season one.  But no Ezarel?  Really?  Also, if this "shadowed" love interest is who we all think it is, Beemoov may need to re-think it's writers.  ONE toxic love route is enough. More is rather disturbing.

Also, I worked really hard to get those LOM's to a high number,  I really, REALLY resent having to start over, as it's not realistic.  I can understand halving them, since there's been some time, but if you were really loved, your friends wouldn't wait for you so long, and have LOM's set to zero, like your character doesn't matter anymore.  It would have been more interesting to have carry over, since I had one LOM in the negatives, which could have...interesting impacts...depending on new love interests.

Overall, I'm more disappointed by far than pleased.

Last edited by Symphony (07/24/2020 at 12:34)

#104 07/24/2020 at 13:20

Absynthe Guard
May06
Young Recruit
May06

Wow, I'm both excited and worried by this news for Season 2. Being on Nevera's route, I'm fortunate that he's returning (and I personally think his new design is really good). But why is Ezarel removed? I can kinda understand Valkyon not returning, and hopefully he'll be replaced by that "LI sticking to the shadows" if that's who I suspect it is, but I don't like the idea of this Mathieu guy replacing everyone's favorite elf for absolutely no reason (I already want nothing to do with Mathieu because of this).

And after all the backlash about the AP system and removed love interests in MCL, why do it all over again? Why create LI's everyone loves and then throw them away? And why do a bunch of random side characters that some of us don't even care about get to come back but not the LI's? Just please don't make episodes even more expensive with this new maana system. It already takes so long to progress because of how much maana we have to use on both movement and clothes.

#105 07/25/2020 at 02:59

Shadow Guard
MelancholyLush
Rookie
MelancholyLush

I kind of understand why people are upset with the whole maana system, like for example when it was implemented on MCL, Candy started saying a lot of nonsense in her dialogue. But IMO I much prefer this because there's more progression than wasting maana going around areas looking for a specific character until they finally show up (and this already while using a walkthrough).

I hope the dialogue and storyline will be much better than before...I can't take another chapter of these characters trying to make a pop culture reference even though it doesn't suit the mood of the story, total cringe.

I actually like the new designs of the characters, except Leiftan's face looks to small?? Like those sides of his hair is covering too much of his face, can't y'all make them thinner.

But I do agree that it's stupid to get rid of some of the LIs. I was supposed to choose Kentin's route on MCL, but I'm more attached to Castiel. I would have lost it if I continued on Kentin's route.

https://usagif.com/wp-content/uploads/gifs/dragon-43.gif

#106 07/25/2020 at 04:54

Obsidian Guard
Minah
Vanquished a Chicken
Minah

Thanks but no thanks. I want to know who is the one calling the shots. For both games. After all the backlash with the other game, one would think teams would take notes and NOT repeat the same mistakes.
Points for sentences? No one asked for that.
Removing one interest and adding a new one? No one asked for that.
I wanted to give this a shot but the whole maana part is a deal Breaker. You better change it before it is too late. Do not put mist over Your eyes like You did with MCL.

#107 07/25/2020 at 06:22

Absynthe Guard
Naren
Just Arrived
Naren

Golly, after all these years I'm far too burned out and out of goodwill for BV. I'm neither surprised nor invested in this sub par story enough to be even that sad about it. I'd be mad at BV for obviously only focusing on paying customers, but I kind of knew that even before MCL. Just know that there are a lot of F2P games with microtransactions done right, where you actually get something of worth for your money. Not to mention the communication of the companies is light years away from whatever is it Beemov is doing.

I get why people are upset, but try not to let it get to you that much. I don't think any amount of boycott is going to help this, because if they're doing it again, it means it worked with MCL. There are tons of better games and indie dev teams that are worth supporting. Instead of giving BV anything more, focus your energy on some good games and have fun!

Reading about all the people who are here for the outfits has me wondering why BV hasn't made their own version of Love Nikki though.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/0eab3af5c71dfebe88c0dbc44e96feac/tumblr_oarnpbRoQe1thou79o1_500.gif

#108 07/25/2020 at 07:36

Shadow Guard
SecretHere
Recruit
SecretHere

credits to the owner, I think her tumblr name is eri_ link: https://s12.directupload.net/images/200725/o7yyy2gj.jpg[/img]
https://erie-lera.tumblr.com/post/172033804217/imagine-living-in-a-world-where-is-no-such-thing

This describes the situation perfectly right now:

https://s12.directupload.net/images/200725/o7yyy2gj.jpg

Last edited by SecretHere (07/25/2020 at 07:44)

#109 07/25/2020 at 09:01

Obsidian Guard
Kasa
Just Arrived
Kasa

*sigh*

Since that announcement I have been crying several times to thought A New Era without my boyfriend Ezarel. I can't believe that you are going to play "only popular boys stay" card again. If Leiftan can come back from death then why not Valkyon? And Ezarel is still alive but you wrote him out of the story... WHY??! You handled MCL's displacement between University -> Love Life pretty well, so why do you have to start the chaos again?

New AP-system didn't even surprise me and I'm just happy that you're not going to use ML's non-accumulate-style here (hopefully). I kind of prepared myself for expensive dialog based AP-system so I stopped playing episodes here (my main account is on French site) and started to save maana so that I can keep up with the pace of episode releases when the second season begins.

Lucky to you Beemoov, I'm silent acceptor who go with the flow and for some reason still stick in and planning to continue playing. But I'm telling you: If Ezarel is not gonna be there, I have 0% interest to dating anyone.

(Sorry my English... .-p)

#110 07/25/2020 at 11:12

Obsidian Guard
Nifany
Guard in Training
Nifany

Ok I am beyond upset i cant believe they are getting rid of Valkyon i love him and honestly don't think ill enjoy the story without him. Not to mention he is literally the only slightly diverse looking love option in this game. I don't get why the traitor Leiftan gets to come back to life while he doesn't. /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png

this is literally mcl over again where I lost Armin my main boo and Lysander my 2nd option

If only I had this much clothing in real life

#111 07/25/2020 at 11:54

Obsidian Guard
Cintanna
Just Arrived
Cintanna

I don't usually write on the forum and I wasn't going to do it but, after all, why not?  These days I've been thinking about all the changes and about the information you shared and now I think I have a more formed opinion.

The Love Interests
Starting with the boys that have been kept from the original game, I really like their new designs. Nevra is a 10/10, he looks really handsome and without that eye patch hiding his scar he looks more mysterious and attractive.

Leiftan looks a bit... strange? but in the end, I think he's always been special in his own way /static/img/forum/smilies/lol.png I also like his new looks, I think it's just a matter of getting used to him and I also think both are going to improve a lot when we see them within their context, with a background, expressions and maybe animations.

When it comes to Mathieu, from what you say he could be a human from earth, a lot of people seem to think like that. However, I'm still gonna keep an open mind about this since "he has a lot in common with Erika" still could mean a lot of things. Mathieu being a human name doesn't tell us a lot either, he's not the first character with a more regular name in the game, which brings me to the next point.

The "mysterious" route, is obviously Lance, or at least I hope he is. I understand where all his controversy comes from and why there're people who doesn't want him, but this company has been leaving clues and teasing his fans for years now. We've had illustrations with Lance, that "nobody" crush option that unlocked one of his images, his lom went up to 60 in these last chapters and we even could unlock some little romantic dialogues with him choosing the right options. Wether he can be forgiven or not is something subjective, I personally think that, with good writing, he could become a very good route. Lance has a lot of potential, I hope they know what to do with it.

Then there's the two routes you deleted, well, what am I gonna say that haven't been said yet? I don't like seeing two love interests being kicked out from Eldarya just like I didn't like it when it happened in mcl. I understand you want a fresh start for the game but this is very unfair for all the players who invested time and money on these characters. In any case, I imagine there's no turning back now.

Other characters
I'm happy to see we'll see some of the characters that have been in the game until now and also some new faces. I'm curious to see how the old characters have evolved during this 7 years timeskip.

The story
I'm excited to see what this new season is going to be about, the truth is that seeing the new map with those few changes got me excited and wondering. At the same time, I'm a bit scared seeing how the last season ended and the great number of plotholes that were left. Also, romantic relationships were a bit dysfunctional and definitely could have been better written. I just hope this time we see an improvement in both the story and character development (romantic relationships included!).

Wardrobe
The truth is I don't care much about this aspect of the game. However I see a lot of people who like to customize their avatar with clothes, so I'm happy for them to be able to keep all their old clothes. I also like the new guard outfits.

New system
It was obvious you were going to change the system for this new season from movements to dialogues. I don't mind the change, in fact I hated walking around spending tons of maana without finding anybody to talk to and this method would solve that problem.

However,I hope the system is well calibrated, otherwise Eldarya will come to be an incredibly expensive game, since it has more text than mcl. Personally, I don't care having to pay a little to finish each episode, but some of your prices in your games are excessive, specially for people who might be less privileged and won't be able to afford spending too much on these type of games.

Finally I'm gonna say it again, if I have to pay to play the chapters, at the very least I wish to see an improvement in the writing, in the story, character development and romantic relationships.

Last edited by Cintanna (07/25/2020 at 12:24)

https://imgur.com/W9bUH6P.jpg
Check out my art in social media! Tumblr | Facebook | Deviantart

#112 07/25/2020 at 12:27

Absynthe Guard
Angxl
Recruit
Angxl

I've said this before in another post but I REALLY need Beemoov to implement skin color options in the new saeason. If they hadn't planned on it, it still isn't too late. I don't understand how they could make season 2 of mcl more inclusive to plaiyers that aren't fair skinned, then revert back to exculsivity in Eldarya and Moonlight Lovers. Even if we are playing as a specific character (which is weird since we're called by our usernames and are able to dress up our avatar), allowing for people to not be the "default (white)" is necessary in order to make all players feel included.

Amongst all the negative changes, this could have been a positive one. Sure, it would be extra work, but not much. And any amount of work going into this would be well worth it and well recieved by players. Beemoov really needs to work on their inclusivity when it comes to the characters we're playing as becuase being white in MCL HSL, Eldarya, AND Moonlight Lovers is like a slap in the face to those of us who don't look like that. And noticing this need for change, making said changes, then going back to "white only" illustraions just feels like they don't care enough to include all players or that it's not with their time which it absoutely is. It's honestly offensive, dissapointing, and infuriating.

All they need to do as add about 5 or 6 skin options and about 4 natural hair colors (brown, black, blonde, ginger) to make a huge difference in player iinclusivity (the eyes are supposed to be purple so they can leave that). Even if they don't change hair color, just give us skin options. These options should have been available from the beginning, but can be implemented at any time (and can even be altered in previous illustrations). They don't have to wait for a new season to make these changes. It isn't too late to be inclusive.

They need to stop hiding behind making "specific characters" and painting them white in order to get out of being representative of more groups of people becuse that's all it's really good for. They don't want to put in the extra work so they make "Erika" (and whoever whe are in Moonlight Lovers) the character as an excuse to only have to color one skintone instead of multiple. Beemoov step up your game in the diversity and inclusivity deparment becuase you're slacking big time.

(Also, they we'ren't even very inclusive when it came to our avatars either. Different skintones weren't available on MCL avatars for a few years, and once they were, they were available for purchase in the shops. On both MCL HSL and Eldarya we have to pay to not be white, and even after all this time they're still not free.)

Last edited by Angxl (07/28/2020 at 19:18)

#113 07/25/2020 at 13:23

Shadow Guard
SecretHere
Recruit
SecretHere

Angxl wrote

I've said this before in another post but I REALLY need Beemoov to implement skin color options in the new saeason. If they hadn't planned on it, it still isn't too late. I don't understand how they could make season 2 of mcl more inclusive to plaiyers that aren't fair skinned, then revert back to exculsivity in Eldarya and Moonlight Lovers. Even if we are playing as a specific character (which is weird since we're called by our usernames and are able to dress up our avatar), allowing for people to not be the "default (white)" is necessary in order to make all players feel included.

Amongst all the negative changes, this could have been a positive one. Sure, it would be extra work, but not much. And any amount of work going into this would be well worth it and well recieved by players. Beemoov really needs to work on their inclusivity when it comes to the characters we're playing as becuase being white in MCL HSL, Eldarya, AND Moonlight Lovers is like a slap in the face to those of us who don't look like that. And noticing this need for change, making said changes, then going back to "white only" illustraions just feels like they don't care enough to include all players or that it's not with their time which it absoutely is. It's honestly offensive, dissapointing, and infuriating.

All they need to do as add about 5 or 6 skin options and about 4 natural hair colors (brown, black, blonde, ginger) to make a huge difference in player iinclusivity (the eyes are supposed to be purple so they can leave that). Even if they don't change hair color, just give us skin options. These options should have been available from the beginning, but can be implemented at any time (and can even be altered in previous illustrations). They don't have to wait for a new season to make these changes. It isn't too late to be inclusive.

They need to stop hiding behind makiing "specific characters" and painting them white in order to get out of being representative of more groups of people becuse that's all it's really good for. They don't want to put in the extra work so they make "Erika" and whoever whe are in MoonlightLovers the character as an excuse to only have to color one skintone instead of multiple. Beemoov step up your game in the diversity nd inclusivity deparment becuase you're slacking big time.

(Also, they we'ren't even very inclusive when it came to our avatars either. Different skintones weren't available on MCL avatars for a few years, and once they were, they were available for purchase in the shops. On both MCL HSL and Eldarya we have to pay to not be white, and even after all this time they're still not free.)

Haha. Beemoov doesn't care about their players. Only about money. And now u think they would bother with something like that?
Never gonna happen.

Last edited by SecretHere (07/27/2020 at 07:41)

#114 07/25/2020 at 20:33

Absynthe Guard
Sara1212
Just Arrived
Sara1212

I'm really behind in the story but--why remove Valkyon ad Ezarel? I get that they're probably not at popular, but why not keep them? We already know their personalities and their art could have been touched up a bit to match the others. Why go to the work of making a new character + art + dialogue who is probably going to be disliked by a lot of players automatically because he replaced their faves?

It saddens me because I'm a total sucker for both Valkyon's and Ezarel's personalities. I think I'll just stay in the past instead of moving into the new era to be honest

#115 07/25/2020 at 23:26

Shadow Guard
LyricAiLove
Guard in Training
LyricAiLove

Angxl wrote

They need to stop hiding behind makiing "specific characters" and painting them white in order to get out of being representative of more groups of people becuse that's all it's really good for. They don't want to put in the extra work so they make "Erika" and whoever whe are in MoonlightLovers the character as an excuse to only have to color one skintone instead of multiple. Beemoov step up your game in the diversity nd inclusivity deparment becuase you're slacking big time.

Inclusivity is the least they could do with all of the nonsense they put the players through with these games. I won't hold my breath, but I'd love to see it.

~ Angels In Flight ~

https://images.khinsider.com/Graphics/Signatures/riku222.jpg

#116 07/26/2020 at 14:08

Shadow Guard
Raveyn
Just Arrived
Raveyn

Finally, the fourth Crush, true to himself, is staying in the shadows for now…

Can we focus on that line please? like - does this refer to whom i hope? I sincerely hope it does. Because if it is home i hope i will gladly scream into the abyss again over this game (and how much i adore it)

#117 07/26/2020 at 20:06

Shadow Guard
Baasu1
Young Recruit
Baasu1

well guess I am done playing this game like MCL to much to play. I use to get throw games with about 1000 points on MCL now it is like 5,000 points and the games our SHORTER! seeing how that coming here. I done...BYE!

#118 07/26/2020 at 20:55

Obsidian Guard
Elesira
Young Recruit
Elesira

This is sad... I was really hoping Valkyon would be in the New Era. I really like him, and I was hoping to see him again, especially after what happened... I loved the changes done to Nevra and Leiftan's appearances, and I was eager to see how they changed Ezarel and Valkyon...
And does this mean Kero is gone too? I didn't see his name being mentioned in the announcement. /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png
And the new maana system... *sigh* I guess I'll just have to adapt. Hopefully this Mathieu character would prove to be interesting, but I still would've preferred it if all the boys were still in HQ. A reunion would've been nice...
I know a lot of people out there love Ez, and even though he's not my favorite, I like him too. Why did he have to be cut? And I know I'm biased, since I love Valkyon so much, but why did he have to be cut as well??? I don't have anything against Nevra and certainly nothing against Leiftan (except for the last several episodes, now THAT was just outrageous, I liked Yhkar!), but would it hurt to let those who love Ez and Valky carry on with their love life as well?

Last edited by Elesira (07/26/2020 at 21:10)

“This world is merciless, and it’s also very beautiful.” – Mikasa Ackerman

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” – Kaneki Ken

"You don't win alone. That's just how it is." -Kageyama Tobio

"You don't die for your friends, you live for them!" -Erza Scarlet

"If all you ever do is look down on people, you won't be able to recognize your own weaknesses." -Bakugo Katsuki

"Hey, Hey, Hey!" Bokuto Kotaro

“Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You've got two good legs. So get up and use them. You're strong enough to make your own path." -Edward Elric

#119 07/27/2020 at 07:33

Shadow Guard
Selest
Young Recruit
Selest

I've been playing Valkyon's route since 2016 and he was the only LI I liked ever since the preregestration...
Did I get an equal share of romantic illustrations/moments with him comparing with other routes? No.
Did I get something at least reminding a happy ending with him, like it was on MCL? No.
Will I get the chance to continue his route in New Era? And there is no again.
Thanks, Beemoov, realy thanks...

#120 07/27/2020 at 07:40

Shadow Guard
SecretHere
Recruit
SecretHere

u could have AT LEAST gave us Cornelia as an date option.
Everyone loved her at the halloween event.
No need for Mathieu. *hmpf*

#121 07/27/2020 at 20:27

Obsidian Guard
Shintarou
Just Arrived
Shintarou

I am not excited at all about this.
First, the way the characters are drawn? What the f a big no in my book

The maana for dialogue? It was a sht show on MCLU, so why are they pushing again for it? God

M yeah. Whatever. Also, it seems like the Shadow guard gets cool guard items again. What is even the point in being in my guard when the guy that represents is no longer available??

@lyric, I wish I looked my avatar on here. Always wanted to be Frankenstein.
I also can say I am an 100% percent the lookalike for the main in Moonlight Lovers. I feel v included.

I agree with you on being able to customize the skin color, but I found many things you said really funny and exaggerated.
Let's remember this is Beemoov and they never did anything we wanted them to do.

Last edited by Shintarou (07/27/2020 at 20:33)

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8d6df0a52db167a08300dfcf06fbe1eb/tumblr_inline_mvsujxKIbC1qk1or3.gif

#122 07/27/2020 at 20:31

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

idk what people are talking about "new guard items"

for the clothing pictured, the post clearly says
"Of course, Purriry didn’t wait for you to create new pieces…
Three outfits will be available in the shop at the beginning of your adventure! Here is a sneak peak: "

Everybody should have access to all three outfits if they're in the shop.

#123 07/27/2020 at 20:38

Obsidian Guard
Shintarou
Just Arrived
Shintarou

@broken, now what I re-read what they said, it does seem like the new outfits will be available to all, but it's weird since it's clear they are guard themed. This has not happened till now in my knowledge.
But I still can bet anything on the fact that, if there are new guard items, ours will again suck. Since we always got the short end of the stick.
Whatever, let's hope for more cool outfits and whatnot. Hopefully some more diversity as we have been asking for years.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8d6df0a52db167a08300dfcf06fbe1eb/tumblr_inline_mvsujxKIbC1qk1or3.gif

#124 07/27/2020 at 20:48

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

when I first saw them I never thought they were guard themed.
But I've kept up with this thread and you aren't the first who's said something about "guard outfits" in relation to what's pictured, and I was just wondering where that was coming from.

After seeing so many people make that assumption I could see where visually they might get that idea, but double checked for myself that I didn't read it wrong, that the clothes where going to be shop items.

And are you kidding? Obsidian's outfit Valhalla has SO many items I wish I could have and use: the belt, dress, axe, gloves, shoes, spates, shorts, even the chest armor, meanwhile, Shadow's Shinobi outfit? Other than the hair and mask everything else is kinda plain and dark. Or a weird dagger that doesn't look like a dagger, or a freaking cookie >: (

I always hope for more cool outfits. Clothes are the only reason I'm here. I kinda hope they do away with "guard exclusive" cuz it sucks not being able to wear some cool items. They can make guard themed items that everyone can wear. Like the guard flags from the holy knight outfit.

#125 07/27/2020 at 21:55

Shadow Guard
BananaRama101
Rookie
BananaRama101

So...since you're getting rid of some LIs (including the route I've been doing for the past four years), what's the point of keeping the same guardian? Why do some characters get a (probably) happier ending than others?

Unless there's a plan to bring Ez or Valkyon back (which I doubt), then what's the point of continuing their route if they aren't going to be available in the sequel?

And maana for dialogue...really? I'll try to take you at your word that you'll try to equalize things and still make it possible to complete episodes just as easily as the movement, but I've put my trust in you before and been let down so I'm not holding my breath. I'm going to stop playing MCL after finished HSL and now it looks like I might have to stop playing Eldarya after one season too.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/aed162bdf0f64f785929468041606103/tumblr_ofaz9mP6ut1tl30slo3_540.png

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11