Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

#151 08/01/2020 at 20:15

Shadow Guard
Kore
Kore

Just a thought (I AM NOT TRYING TO DEFEND BEEMOOV)

Maybe this Matthew guy is Lance. Like, Lance came back to the HQ in disguise or with amnesia as a different person and the 4th route is actually Ez? The 'thing we share in common' is a history with Lance?

Just a thought-a girl can hope... I still think it's unfair that Leiftan can come back after sacrificing himself but Valk can't.

#152 08/01/2020 at 23:53

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Kore wrote

Just a thought (I AM NOT TRYING TO DEFEND BEEMOOV)

Maybe this Matthew guy is Lance. Like, Lance came back to the HQ in disguise or with amnesia as a different person and the 4th route is actually Ez? The 'thing we share in common' is a history with Lance?

Just a thought-a girl can hope... I still think it's unfair that Leiftan can come back after sacrificing himself but Valk can't.

I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to things beemoov could do.
buuuut
this does seem like a possibility.
"something in common," people have been assuming it means he's boring human, but making it a familiar character in disguise would actually be interesting and possibly brilliant. I'm doubtful beemoov is capable of such things, but it does seem possible.

if Lance isn't "the person from the shadows" then it definitely leaves a possibility for either Valk or Ez to be the other possibility. Since Nathaniel was kind of "secret" last route, not initially introduced in MCL

The only slightly disconcerting thing is that their graphic that displays "origins" vs "new era" clearly puts ex and valk on the origins side, almost visually dividing them.
If one of them does end up being available in New Era then that graphic's design is a bad move on beemoov's part. It's misleading and caused many players undue stress thinking they're losing their character.

but I don't put it above beemoov to be deliberately misleading to "surprise" people. It's just such a bad tactic. Make people who love the character be anxious for weeks or months that they're losing that characters, only for beemoov to be like "just kidding! surprise!" it's such a low blow. Don't instill fear only to be like "Psych!" surprises are supposed to be positive, not "oh the bad thing is no longer happening." the absence of bad does not = good.

#153 08/02/2020 at 04:04

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

Ok, so I've re-read the official post and now I'm wondering:
- will Origins and New Era use the same maana and GC balance?
- will the Origins and New Era inventory be the same?
- will the Origins and New Era wardrobe be the same?
- will the Origins and New Era shops be the same?

Since it seems that we are going to have two different sites in one, as it has been pointed out with the "if you decide to change the hair of your A New Era avatar, it will also be changed for your The Origins avatar", are we going to have duplicates of all in each site, or are there going to be three sites: Origins, New Era and wardrobe, inventory, shop, market and messages?

Goodbye

It's been a pleasure serving in the guard with you all, but it's time for me to leave.
Hope you all have a wonderful time here in the lands of El.

Concept Art Suggestions
My Interactive Adventure: Don't worry, I will find the best treasure...Or not...

#154 08/02/2020 at 08:08

Shadow Guard
Mikasareya
Just Arrived
Mikasareya

Angxl wrote

I've said this before in another post but I REALLY need Beemoov to implement skin color options in the new saeason. If they hadn't planned on it, it still isn't too late. I don't understand how they could make season 2 of mcl more inclusive to plaiyers that aren't fair skinned, then revert back to exculsivity in Eldarya and Moonlight Lovers. Even if we are playing as a specific character (which is weird since we're called by our usernames and are able to dress up our avatar), allowing for people to not be the "default (white)" is necessary in order to make all players feel included.

Amongst all the negative changes, this could have been a positive one. Sure, it would be extra work, but not much. And any amount of work going into this would be well worth it and well recieved by players. Beemoov really needs to work on their inclusivity when it comes to the characters we're playing as becuase being white in MCL HSL, Eldarya, AND Moonlight Lovers is like a slap in the face to those of us who don't look like that. And noticing this need for change, making said changes, then going back to "white only" illustraions just feels like they don't care enough to include all players or that it's not with their time which it absoutely is. It's honestly offensive, dissapointing, and infuriating.

All they need to do as add about 5 or 6 skin options and about 4 natural hair colors (brown, black, blonde, ginger) to make a huge difference in player iinclusivity (the eyes are supposed to be purple so they can leave that). Even if they don't change hair color, just give us skin options. These options should have been available from the beginning, but can be implemented at any time (and can even be altered in previous illustrations). They don't have to wait for a new season to make these changes. It isn't too late to be inclusive.

They need to stop hiding behind making "specific characters" and painting them white in order to get out of being representative of more groups of people becuse that's all it's really good for. They don't want to put in the extra work so they make "Erika" (and whoever whe are in Moonlight Lovers) the character as an excuse to only have to color one skintone instead of multiple. Beemoov step up your game in the diversity and inclusivity deparment becuase you're slacking big time.

(Also, they we'ren't even very inclusive when it came to our avatars either. Different skintones weren't available on MCL avatars for a few years, and once they were, they were available for purchase in the shops. On both MCL HSL and Eldarya we have to pay to not be white, and even after all this time they're still not free.)

OMG THANK YOUUUU Yes like tf is up with having to PAY for a skin tone?? That rllyyy pisses me off abt these games.
Can't at least make the girl mixed or sum if ur going to make the skin tone fixed. I'm tired of getting these illustrations and just sighing cus I'm supposed to act like this no melanin having lil girl is mee?
(I mean absolutely no offense btw, I sincerely think all skin tones are beautiful I just wish Bemoov would be a bit more inclusive in this matter).

https://i.imgur.com/44vwmzl.png

#155 08/02/2020 at 14:55

Absynthe Guard
halowars50
Just Arrived
halowars50

I just went through about 15 "(Next)" dialogues for MC's internal monologue that were two sentences each.

Yeah, I'm not playing after the update. /static/img/forum/smilies/roll.png

https://78.media.tumblr.com/d5dac496d7c705a356b81f25b71d47f3/tumblr_oknd11tucl1rmsj75o7_400.gif

#156 08/03/2020 at 17:58

Obsidian Guard
Madeline
Young Recruit
Madeline

MCL 2.0, here we go.  /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png

#157 08/04/2020 at 04:37

Obsidian Guard
Anna21
Just Arrived
Anna21

Larjus wrote

I'm mildly interested in the new clothes, but I definitely won't play this "new era". I hate these forced time skips and removed characters... -_- + they took my Valkyon away! I won't forgive that.

Exactly, please find a way to bring him back, that's just so not fair taking him away like that. Without Valkyon? Just no! I for one won't continue without him and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I just feel so cheated, I haven't played for years for this NOT happy ending.

Last edited by Anna21 (08/04/2020 at 04:46)

#158 08/04/2020 at 13:20

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

If you go to eldarya.fr and aren't logged in to the site you can see more teasers

They have a picture and description of Mathieu, they have new companions, and if you do go to log in they have an entirely new log in interface

Spoiler Click to display

#159 08/04/2020 at 13:28

Absynthe Guard
fallenbeyond
Sylph Sidekick
fallenbeyond

I really hope the new starting outfits aren't guard tied. Since we don't really do ranking anymore and we aren't able to change our guard (or somehow be like a hybrid between two) I don't see too much of a point in keeping it guard exclusive aside from game aesthetics. I love being in Absynthe, but the Shadow items are more my vibe and I tend to dress my Elda like she works closely with Shadow despite being in Absynthe. So I really hope it's not guard exclusive for the new outfits.

As for the new manna usage, I do like not wasting my maana to look for characters, since the high cost of manaa used for movement and buying items is why I hardly play the story (gotta save for those special events) but if I'm going to be using it to spend on dialogue, it better be meaty and not like one or two short lines I have to pay to move on to the next dialogue like in MCL. I get they can't have it be too full of text but clicking to move on from something containing about 5 or 6 words is ridiculous. And since money and ap is the same medium in this game (manaa) I better be getting a higher word count in my dialogue or else give us a separate free currency for in-game money.

Last edited by fallenbeyond (08/04/2020 at 13:29)

#160 08/04/2020 at 14:24

Shadow Guard
Aozumi
Rookie
Aozumi

Hoping the updates on the site means we are  getting the new season soon!

PD: Mathieu reminds me of Sora from Kingdom Hearts, even the way he is holding the weapon like Sora used to hold the keyblade lol

#161 08/04/2020 at 14:35

Obsidian Guard
Yam
Soldier of the Guard
Yam

I hate to admit that I'm excited and in awe with the new homepage design.
Gosh, I also feel interested in getting to know Mathieu's character (seems like a warrior/fighter class). Skeptical but kinda looking forward to.

But, sad that the designs are final - I really wish they tweaked Leiftan's hairstyle though..

On the other note, where's the thread for the finalist of the Eldarya's outfit contest? (Did they remove the thread?)

https://i.postimg.cc/Dw49jKrk/solidarity.png

#162 08/04/2020 at 14:43

Shadow Guard
SecretHere
Recruit
SecretHere

So... I clicked at Mathieu and came to the conclusion...

THAT I WANT EZAREL BACK!

*cries in the corner*

#163 08/04/2020 at 14:57

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

So  Mathieu is a human indeed, and giving me "a guy next door" vibe too. I hoped for something more "exotic", but maybe he'll have a really interesting personality... oh wait, it's Beemoov *sigh*.

I wonder how soon will new era be released. I thought it gonna be before summer event when they first announced it, but now I don't know, guess we'll see.

P.S. I wonder if Ezrael will be back, not as a love interest, but some other NPC. He's not dead afterall, so he could, for example, go back to his country and become a royal alchemist... or he could try but they still want his head and Erika would have to save him. Or something else entirely, but it seems plausible that he'll reappear at least fo a minor role, otherwise he'd die hroically in ep30.

Last edited by lex12 (08/04/2020 at 15:25)

#164 08/04/2020 at 15:30

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Yam wrote

On the other note, where's the thread for the finalist of the Eldarya's outfit contest? (Did they remove the thread?)

Here's the link to the finalists
https://www.eldarya.com/forum/t1894,1-the-winners-of-the-eldarya-contest.htm
The contest was summer 2018, so you have to go back to when the thread was chronologically. They just stopped having it pinned to the top of the forum like it was for more than a year

fallenbeyond wrote

I really hope the new starting outfits aren't guard tied.

If you read the post it says the outfits are going to be available in the shop

Last edited by brokenendings (08/04/2020 at 15:30)

#165 08/04/2020 at 16:26

Shadow Guard
Valerya
Just Arrived
Valerya

Oh no no no no. I'm getting University Life vibes off of this. I'm VERY concerned about how this will go, but everything here is just my own personal opinion.

1. "With A New Era, your maana will no longer be spent each time you move around, but rather with each dialogue played. These changes will be applicable to BOTH adventures." Are you kidding me?? I legit cannot play this game anymore if this happens. Eldarya has SO MUCH dialogue and lore that it will take DAYS for me to get through one monologue. Even in University Life, I dread long converstations instead of enjoying the dialogue and the game. This news was the biggest blow to me.

2. Why is it so rushed?? Same thing happened with University Life and Love Life. I'd rather you take your time, build some anticipation, and provide quality over quantity episodes. With the cost of AP per line, it will take months to get through one chapter unless you spend real money. Which is I guess what they want...

3. What happened to my Nevra /static/img/forum/smilies/neutral.png I don't know why, but I'm not a big fan of the new character designs. Only positive to me is that the avatar's hair grows back from that horrible haircut. And WHY remove the crushes AGAIN!? I'm glad I still have Nevra, but what a jerk move to the people who have spent YEARS playing this game only the have their crush removed. That's absolutely terrible. There's no happy ending for them. I also heard Ezarel is alive, so WHY remove him?? Mathieu seems very boring to me (like someone else said, a boy-next-door vibe), I'd much rather have Ezarel or Valkyon back. Or how about add an extra route without removing the already established ones?

I am not looking forward to this personally. I don't know if I'll even want to finish my playthrough if this AP change happens. Sorry  /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png

Last edited by Valerya (08/12/2020 at 04:42)

#166 08/04/2020 at 17:18

Absynthe Guard
Pandoraa
Rookie
Pandoraa

Am I the only one who thinks Mathieu's design looks really bland ? Something's a bit off when you compare it to Leiftan and Nevra's new ones. He doesn't look like he's from the same batch of LI design-wise, but that's probably just me.

Also, I'm not one to push for meaningless "corporate tokenism" (we see how well that went with Priya on MCL...), but really ? We're trading Valkyon and Ezarel for a very generic-looking white boy with brown hair and eyes when we could have gotten a black or asian LI ? Or one of the many Eldaryan races ? Someone a bit more exotic ? At least someone with a different body type ??
Even his personality sounds a bit bland...

I still can't see why they didn't at least keep Ezarel in. He's not my crush but they just yeeted him out of the game for the stupidest reason ever (Lysander 2.0). Besides, the game was meant to have 5 LI like MCL, so they could have afforded to keep him... This is just so disrespectful to anyone who put time (and for some, money) into his route just for it to be cut abruptly, and without any sense of real closure. They'll probably try to milk his departure with a lame, and expensive spin-off in a few months...

Meh, maybe I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining, mostly because I'm still a bit upset over some of the new changes.

As @Valerya said, this is going down the MCL route and I can't say I'm happy about it. After seeing how much of a disaster the new AP system turned out to be, and how bland the new LIs were... yikes.

Lastly: is the game going to follow the same pattern as MCL episode-wise ? Meaning they will now come out once a month ? I sure hope not...

Last edited by Pandoraa (08/04/2020 at 17:22)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#167 08/04/2020 at 17:19

Shadow Guard
Kore
Kore

Matthieu looks generic.

Like boring generic.

If I wanted a Kentin clone, I'd be still playing High School Life on MCL. *pouts*

#168 08/04/2020 at 17:39

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

Pandoraa wrote

Am I the only one who thinks Mathieu's design looks really bland ?

Nope. He looks bland.

In fact, I suspect the whole idea of this char is him being as ordinary as possible.

Tho I don't see how making him black or asian and obese would be any improvement, boring char is a boring char.

When people wrote that Mathieu is proly a human I thought he still could be cool, quirky and overall stand out, but once I saw him, I changed my mind. His design just screams "average".

Last edited by lex12 (08/04/2020 at 17:40)

#169 08/04/2020 at 18:04

Absynthe Guard
Pandoraa
Rookie
Pandoraa

lex12 wrote

Tho I don't see how making him black or asian and obese would be any improvement, boring char is a boring char.

Him looking boring has nothing to do with me wanting a POC LI, as I said, I hate tokenism, and "forced" diversity. He would have looked just as bland design-wise if he were black. Those are two separate issues.

1. He looks bland as in, brown eyes, brown hair, basic haircut, basic stance, basic clothes. He basically looks like a generic mute main character from your average JRPG. His design isn't unique. It doesn't give clues about his personality.

2. I'm just saying they had a chance to put forward a diverse cast of LIs, at least phisically-speaking.

3. I'm not saying I want an "obese" guy to be introduced as a datable character, but I'm a bit bored of hyper-muscular guys. Fit ? Sure, given the world they live in and their line of work. Borderline bodybuilders ? Meh. "Different body types" doesn't mean obese or anorexic... for instance, I did like the blond chubby guy from MCL season 2, phisically-speaking, even his personality was more entertaining and unique than the main LI's...

All of that contributes to Mathieu being dull, design-wise.

Sorry if I expressed myself badly ^^" !

I really don't get why they would try to push an "ordinary" guy in a game like Eldarya, but then again, Beemoov... maybe he'll turn out to be amazing ? ...eh, probably not.

Last edited by Pandoraa (08/04/2020 at 18:06)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#170 08/04/2020 at 19:35

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

Pandoraa wrote

Him looking boring has nothing to do with me wanting a POC LI, as I said, I hate tokenism, and "forced" diversity.

Forgive my confusion, but you still said you want POC LI. But maybe I'm oversensitive. Sorry but in this day and age whenever I hear such words as "diversity", "representation" or even "POC" my alarm bells start ringing. And whenever I hear "different body type" it in 90% of cases means fat, and if not then otherwise unatractive.

Oh but enough of off-topic. Yes he looks bland. As I mentioned in earlier post, I think it is so by design.

guess their line of thinking was something like "so there is a bunch of fantasy-race weirdos (sorry Nevra, but you are) with dark pasts, so let's give them players someone they can relate to, someone refreshingly normal who can provide a sense of normalcy in the crazy world of Eldarya"

The problem is, while most girls would choose such guy irl, in fiction he'd be either boring or annoying or both.

And I don't like him looks-wise either. But I disagree with "borderline bodybuilders" line. If we'd talk about Valkyon, maybe, but Mathieu looks definitely leaner. Other guys are even less buff, except Jamon, but hey, he's an Ogre.

Last edited by lex12 (08/04/2020 at 19:37)

#171 08/04/2020 at 20:10

Absynthe Guard
Angxl
Recruit
Angxl

Of all the negative things that are coming with the New Era, I will say that the new homepage is absoultley beautiful. I love it so much and it makes me excited for the new season.

That being said, I'm still hoping for changes that I've mentined before to be considered of course.

Last edited by Angxl (08/04/2020 at 20:10)

#172 08/04/2020 at 20:25

Absynthe Guard
Pandoraa
Rookie
Pandoraa

lex12 wrote

Forgive my confusion, but you still said you want POC LI. But maybe I'm oversensitive. Sorry but in this day and age whenever I hear such words as "diversity", "representation" or even "POC" my alarm bells start ringing. And whenever I hear "different body type" it in 90% of cases means fat, and if not then otherwise unatractive.

Ahah, sorry, I'm with you a 100%. I'm not saying I want a black or asian LI for the sake of "woke diversity", but rather for the sake of... well, visual diversity, if that makes any sense ? You know, a bit of each for all tastes or something ?
As for body types, they are shown to be really buff when shirtless. I get it's an attractive feature but too much is just... eh. They all have the same body. If you cut out their heads on illustrations you can't tell which guy is which. Again, small lack of visual diversity. It doesn't bother me that much, it was just an observation about missed opportunities with the new LI, and what could have been !
Being argumentative in a foreign languge is extra tricky so I'm sorry if I can't really express my point properly. If you want, you can just message me so we wouldn't be off topic here /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

I hope we're wrong about Mathieu being a bland guy. Sure, maybe Beemoov wants to offer a chill route like they tried with Huyn back on MCL, but on Eldarya, a game about adventure, war, and conflicts ? You'd expect the LIs to have strong personalities. I also don't like the light-hearted, happy-go-lucky character type, but again, that's just me.

I also read somewhere on tumblr that Beemoov probably wants Mathieu to be the bland/basic route as its easy and quick to write while they focus on real/complex routes. Seems a bit far-fetched but with them, you never know...

@Anglx : I agree ! The new homepage is beautiful. They definitely want to bring new players.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#173 08/04/2020 at 23:57

Absynthe Guard
Sakuramei
Soldier of the Guard
Sakuramei

lex12 wrote

And whenever I hear "different body type" it in 90% of cases means fat, and if not then otherwise unatractive.

I feel it's important to mention that people have different tastes. A body type you may dislike others may find attractive.

Personally, I actually find really muscular guys/huge abs really unattractive. Unfortunately, that's often the standard in otome games -_-

~*Sakuramei*~ - My Wishlist
https://crystal-dreams.us/Random/EldaryaSig/

#174 08/05/2020 at 00:48

Shadow Guard
Maoyui
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Maoyui

Matthieu looks fine to me. I don't mind "bland" since his competition is literally the eye-patch Vampire, the buff-af silver-haired dark skinned dude, the long blue ponytail Elf, and Mr. Pretty Blonde Boi. The whole Otome repertoire~

They're as "un-bland" as possible to the point that someone who looks like a normal human in comparison is completely fine with me.

https://i.imgur.com/RlZjrzW.jpg

#175 08/05/2020 at 01:01

Shadow Guard
HeartKiller
Soldier of the Guard
HeartKiller

lex12 wrote

guess their line of thinking was something like "so there is a bunch of fantasy-race weirdos (sorry Nevra, but you are) with dark pasts, so let's give them players someone they can relate to, someone refreshingly normal who can provide a sense of normalcy in the crazy world of Eldarya"

The problem is, while most girls would choose such guy irl, in fiction he'd be either boring or annoying or both.

That's my line of thinking with this character too. I asked my sister and my boyfriend who don't play and they find Mathieu attractive but my friends who are familiar with the game think he is very generic and that even Hyun from MCL looks more special (Beemoov takes two but don't give back enough). So Mathieu is totally pandering to new players. The sad thing is that he is going to receive the short end from older players, we still don't know if his personality would be as bland as his appearance.

Also, we have a overpopulation of "bad boys", all the bad boy positions are taken, we need something to outweigh that.

Maoyui wrote

Matthieu looks fine to me. I don't mind "bland" since his competition is literally the eye-patch Vampire, the buff-af silver-haired dark skinned dude, the long blue ponytail Elf, and Mr. Pretty Blonde Boi. The whole Otome repertoire~

They're as "un-bland" as possible to the point that someone who looks like a normal human in comparison is completely fine with me.

^^^^^
Relevant

Last edited by HeartKiller (08/05/2020 at 01:08)

IF YOU'RE NOT AFFECTED, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION
https://i.imgur.com/sa5Ek18.gif

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11