#526 09/04/2020 at 19:17

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

DarkEmpress wrote

Kaitlynne wrote

DarkEmpress wrote

The mods here seriously just say it's not their job to act as MODERATORS!

I agree with everything else that you said, but mods and admin are two different things. Mods are the ones who moderate the forums, like Kore and Okumara, while admin are the ones who actually do the stuff for Beemoov - it's the admin we should blame, not the mods.

Agreed but can we actually distinguish who is who and what exactly do they do besides deleting inappropriate messages?

The Mods' job is to moderate the behavior between players on the forum. If things start getting heated between 2 or more users, sometimes they have to delete comments or censor parts of messages to deescalate the situation and keep it from spreading to more people.

They can also message any player privately, and we can message them privately. So there may be plenty of issues they've handled that we don't see because they take it out of the public eye. That's part of their job.

They also open and close topics.

If everyone is behaving nicely to each other then it might seem like they're not doing their job. But their job is to monitor. If there's nothing they need to act on then that's a good thing actually. I mean, they do this job for free. They're players just like us.

And you might ask then why they sometimes edit or delete comments that aren't to other players but about beemoov. Well there's constructive criticism and then there's just being mean or cruel without simply stating what doesn't work and how it could be improved.

Beemoov may be a company but there's real people who work there. And just because the company does something doesn't necessarily mean the employees who might see our comments agree with it, or have the power to change it depending on what it is.

~~~

My understanding is that the administrators are actual employees of beemoov who are paid to moderate the whole english server. Make announcement posts, report things to the tech team, etc. I also assume they chose the mods from the volunteers, and are the ones whom the mods communicate to about issues that need to be addressed higher up.

Last edited by brokenendings (09/04/2020 at 19:20)

#527 09/04/2020 at 20:23

Shadow Guard
DarkEmpress
Recruit
DarkEmpress

brokenendings wrote

DarkEmpress wrote

Kaitlynne wrote

DarkEmpress wrote

The mods here seriously just say it's not their job to act as MODERATORS!

I agree with everything else that you said, but mods and admin are two different things. Mods are the ones who moderate the forums, like Kore and Okumara, while admin are the ones who actually do the stuff for Beemoov - it's the admin we should blame, not the mods.

Agreed but can we actually distinguish who is who and what exactly do they do besides deleting inappropriate messages?

The Mods' job is to moderate the behavior between players on the forum. If things start getting heated between 2 or more users, sometimes they have to delete comments or censor parts of messages to deescalate the situation and keep it from spreading to more people.

They can also message any player privately, and we can message them privately. So there may be plenty of issues they've handled that we don't see because they take it out of the public eye. That's part of their job.

They also open and close topics.

If everyone is behaving nicely to each other then it might seem like they're not doing their job. But their job is to monitor. If there's nothing they need to act on then that's a good thing actually. I mean, they do this job for free. They're players just like us.

And you might ask then why they sometimes edit or delete comments that aren't to other players but about beemoov. Well there's constructive criticism and then there's just being mean or cruel without simply stating what doesn't work and how it could be improved.

Beemoov may be a company but there's real people who work there. And just because the company does something doesn't necessarily mean the employees who might see our comments agree with it, or have the power to change it depending on what it is.

~~~

My understanding is that the administrators are actual employees of beemoov who are paid to moderate the whole english server. Make announcement posts, report things to the tech team, etc. I also assume they chose the mods from the volunteers, and are the ones whom the mods communicate to about issues that need to be addressed higher up.

I understand what Mods and Admins do generally, they are not BM's invention, any other forum or community big enough have them as well.

Our point is that on numerous times players directing their attention to unfair or broken system (as in this particular example of not having a false-safe button/message that results in having to pay 40G) come out not only empty-handed, but being told to "watch what they're doing better". If that's not a condescending attitude I don't know what it should be called.

The connection between devs and their intermediaries, whomever they might be, should not be focused on one side only. Because now there are a lot of players making sound suggestions and or complaints that are being told to go do smth else as their opinion doesn't particularly matter for the company.

As for the employees who can't change a thing because of reasons, it might be so. However, players cannot get an appointment with the executives to deliver their opinions, so it's part of said employees' job (those working in the marketing department at least) to monitor players/users reactions, satisfaction etc. and evaluate potential improvement cases.

Last edited by DarkEmpress (09/04/2020 at 20:25)

#528 09/05/2020 at 09:23

Just Arrived
Peeaarrrrll

Katina wrote

Also can we talk about how many wasteful pieces are on the Manta outfit?! Like half the time I can’t even tell what I’m choosing. Also I had to buy a piece from the Deep outfit because it changed my color choice right before I hit submit...

IKR! I chose that outfit because I liked the hair and I had to choose only one because obviously I don't have time to play the games and gain shells to unlock all the outfits. Needless to say I spent like 80 GC to make sure I'll make it to the wig but holy mac & cheese, did they make me choose the Manta Antennae and the Manta Headdress?! Like THOSE TWO could be put together so easy as ???a???single???piece??? Somebody play Manila Luzon's "Robbed" in the background. I remember that Halloween wig in My Candy Love with cat ears that I loved so much but I never made my candy wear it because the cat ears were bothering me so hard. They were able to put THAT together, but not the Manta antennae and headdress. I even had to pay 20 shells for each *clap* *clap* Anyone wanna listen to "Robbed" with me?

#529 09/05/2020 at 13:06

Absynthe Guard
BlackPaperMoon
Rookie
BlackPaperMoon

4 days left from the event and the olympics minigame didn't give me shells twice today... C'mon game, we're almost done, do start to do this again.  /static/img/forum/smilies/sad.png

#530 09/05/2020 at 13:15

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Peeaarrrrll wrote

Katina wrote

Also can we talk about how many wasteful pieces are on the Manta outfit?! Like half the time I can’t even tell what I’m choosing.

IKR! I chose that outfit because I liked the hair and I had to choose only one because obviously I don't have time to play the games and gain shells to unlock all the outfits. Needless to say I spent like 80 GC to make sure I'll make it to the wig but holy mac & cheese, did they make me choose the Manta Antennae and the Manta Headdress?! Like THOSE TWO could be put together so easy as ???a???single???piece??? Somebody play Manila Luzon's "Robbed" in the background. I remember that Halloween wig in My Candy Love with cat ears that I loved so much but I never made my candy wear it because the cat ears were bothering me so hard. They were able to put THAT together, but not the Manta antennae and headdress. I even had to pay 20 shells for each *clap* *clap* Anyone wanna listen to "Robbed" with me?

My favorite outfit is the manta outfit, so I'd actually be super annoyed if the antennae and headdress were one piece

The antennae by themselves is probably one of my favorite pieces cuz by themselves they look like they could be horns or ears. I don't care for the headdress as much because it sticks out so far to the sides. If the antennae were attached to it the manta probably wouldn't be my favorite outfit. But I do like the pattern on the forehead of the headdress. I actually wish the headdress was separated into two more pieces, the back piece and the forehead piece. Then it'd be easier for me to use.

I like having separate pieces because it's easier to do complex layering like the outfit I'm wearing.

The only separation I'd say doesn't make much sense is the arm and leg fins of the abyss creature outfit. It feels like those should be part of the skin. But I like having the hands separate since it's the first item we've ever had that changes the pose of our hands.

Last edited by brokenendings (09/05/2020 at 13:18)

#531 09/05/2020 at 14:06

Shadow Guard
DarkEmpress
Recruit
DarkEmpress

brokenendings wrote

My favorite outfit is the manta outfit, so I'd actually be super annoyed if the antennae and headdress were one piece

The antennae by themselves is probably one of my favorite pieces cuz by themselves they look like they could be horns or ears. I don't care for the headdress as much because it sticks out so far to the sides. If the antennae were attached to it the manta probably wouldn't be my favorite outfit. But I do like the pattern on the forehead of the headdress. I actually wish the headdress was separated into two more pieces, the back piece and the forehead piece. Then it'd be easier for me to use.

I like having separate pieces because it's easier to do complex layering like the outfit I'm wearing.

The only separation I'd say doesn't make much sense is the arm and leg fins of the abyss creature outfit. It feels like those should be part of the skin. But I like having the hands separate since it's the first item we've ever had that changes the pose of our hands.

I like them separately too, the antennas can be used with a lot of types of hair, whereas the crown thing is a pain in the @ss to fit somewhere.

#532 09/05/2020 at 18:18

Shadow Guard
SecretHere
Recruit
SecretHere

Can I see all the colors of the legend of the sea outfit somewhere?

#533 09/05/2020 at 18:22

Shadow Guard
ȷungkook
Alchemy Apprentice
Guardian

SecretHere wrote

Can I see all the colors of the legend of the sea outfit somewhere?

Yes you can! There are several sites you can choose from, but here is the one I recommend the most:
tenueldarya

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6e/eb/38/6eeb383093fef384b8a0a9739be22e30.jpg

#534 09/06/2020 at 03:31

Absynthe Guard
Nur
Soldier of the Guard
Nur

I want to ask to those unfortunate players who accidentally clicked the Continue button which snatched the 40 gold coins away. Did Beemoov give back the coins after you reported it?

https://i.postimg.cc/sXQ6XrSC/cat-laser.gif

#535 09/06/2020 at 04:15

Obsidian Guard
Minah
Vanquished a Chicken
Minah

The event ends soon so I will give my final thoughts:

Overall an event where I only had fun exploring and maybe had a chance to catch one or both of the event companions a handful of times. At least it made me go finish the legendary chest.

Didn't like any of the sets yet I managed to finish two of them and I won't even try to get any items from the third set. The mini-games were annoying and having to play them multiple times a day was a pain. I have a job with 5 different shifts and only the long, boring night shifts made me play it 5 times every time. Other than that it was a no go for me. You can't play it on a break, you can't play it on the job, you can hardly play it at home - annoyance, to say the least.

Guess I've always had a soft spot for exploration only events ( no matter the drop rate ).

This event gets a 2/5.

#536 09/06/2020 at 06:59

Absynthe Guard
BlackPaperMoon
Rookie
BlackPaperMoon

Nur wrote

I want to ask to those unfortunate players who accidentally clicked the Continue button which snatched the 40 gold coins away. Did Beemoov give back the coins after you reported it?

Nope. Their answer was: be more careful.

#537 09/06/2020 at 08:49

Young Recruit
Ingeborg

BlackPaperMoon wrote

Should ask them why they even included that useless button, seeing as there is not a single benefit to it ... /static/img/forum/smilies/roll.png

#538 09/06/2020 at 09:04

Shadow Guard
DarkEmpress
Recruit
DarkEmpress

Ingeborg wrote

BlackPaperMoon wrote

Should ask them why they even included that useless button, seeing as there is not a single benefit to it ... /static/img/forum/smilies/roll.png

Being careless costs, that's why.

#539 09/06/2020 at 12:53

Absynthe Guard
Nur
Soldier of the Guard
Nur

BlackPaperMoon wrote

Nur wrote

Dang!
That's merciless!
Can you be more obvious taking away people's dedication/hard work collecting the gold coins? :\

https://i.postimg.cc/sXQ6XrSC/cat-laser.gif

#540 09/06/2020 at 13:56

Absynthe Guard
Katina
Unicorn Sidekick
Katina

Guys I’m still here! I don’t think they’ve reviewed my latest ticket tho...

Nur wrote

Hey that was me. Nope. They told me to be more careful next time and since it’s “game progression” it can’t be undone. Which I think is just a lie. I even asked for 38 shells, since I earned 2 when I had to do the replay, so that it still goes toward my progress in the event, but absolutely nothing. They blocked my fist ticket, the second one I made I got threatened with “punishment” (whatever that means), and I submitted a third ticket cause I want my GC back.

DarkEmpress; I wasn’t too upset until they just said “Be more careful next time” and then I started raging.

Also, I’m not sure if it’s my “punishment” or the game, but my drop rate is suddenly nonexistent for event clothing. Like I’m getting regular pieces, not event stuff.

I see your guys’ point on the Manta outfit. The Deep outfit could have all the fins as one piece (I’m still mad my color choice go switched so I had to buy the correct one I wanted).  If I had like five added days I could finish the event. But I doubt they’ll do any sort of extension.

Yes, I am not wearing pants. No, I don't see it as a problem!

On the prowl for Event clothes! Message me if you need to sell something!

#541 09/06/2020 at 14:43

Shadow Guard
DarkEmpress
Recruit
DarkEmpress

Katina wrote

DarkEmpress; I wasn’t too upset until they just said “Be more careful next time” and then I started raging.

You're not the only one raging. Players all over the servers get the same treatment for the same problem and their answer is still I'll quote myself

DarkEmpress wrote

Being careless costs

Katina wrote

Also, I’m not sure if it’s my “punishment” or the game, but my drop rate is suddenly nonexistent for event clothing. Like I’m getting regular pieces, not event stuff.

I think they're "punishing" everyone, because I have to see an event ANYTHING since the second week of the event. Let us all be punished more, we can establish an S&M club now.

Last edited by DarkEmpress (09/06/2020 at 14:45)

#542 09/06/2020 at 16:00

Recruit
Stargaser

Am I right in thinking next year you can only get the skins and outfit pieces if you already have them from  this year  for this event ?

#543 09/06/2020 at 17:49

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Stargaser wrote

Am I right in thinking next year you can only get the skins and outfit pieces if you already have them from  this year  for this event ?

typically outfits you unlock, the next year when in the shop, they will be available for maana, and only gold if you didn't unlock them.

Though I know in 2019 I was able to purchase the 2018/2017 v-day outfit items and 2018 easter items for maana, even if I hadn't unlocked them when they were released because I wasn't playing at that time yet.

Someone who didn't do last year's summer event will have to testify to this. Because I don't know since I unlocked them.

But can anyone say whether or not the mermaid and captain outfit pieces were only available for gold before you found one in exploration or bought it on the market? Or were they all available for maana from the beginning even if you didn't have a single color of something?

Last edited by brokenendings (09/06/2020 at 17:51)

#544 09/06/2020 at 18:07

Shadow Guard
HeartKiller
Soldier of the Guard
HeartKiller

brokenendings wrote

Stargaser wrote

Someone who didn't do last year's summer event will have to testify to this. Because I don't know since I unlocked them.

But can anyone say whether or not the mermaid and captain outfit pieces were only available for gold before you found one in exploration or bought it on the market? Or were they all available for maana from the beginning even if you didn't have a single color of something?

Fearless Captain and Fancy Mermaid were available for GC in the shop until you get them in exploration, then you could buy them with Maana.

Queen Of Cups was only available for GC after you got it. I didn't unlocked Queen of Cups last year on my french account but this year I can buy it, so I don't think you have to worry about not unlocking everything @Stargaser

IF YOU'RE NOT AFFECTED, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION
https://i.imgur.com/sa5Ek18.gif

#545 09/06/2020 at 18:48

Recruit
Stargaser

I don’t have any of the pieces from two of the three outfits nor either of the skins I am wondering if when you go to explore next year when they have the summer events if you can get what you don’t have for the whole outfit or if you don’t get anything for the other two outfits that you do not have pieces for

#546 09/06/2020 at 19:17

Obsidian Guard
Gongzhu
Young Recruit
Gongzhu

This event was something else- and I can't believe that even until the end there are still some bugs glitching. I'm fine with not being able to complete an outfit but this is ridiculous- I went to play the sand run game and just as I start, full health and everything, a notification pops up saying I've lost ? I barely even began.  /static/img/forum/smilies/roll.png

Red rubies
Blue sapphires
Black onyx
Green Emeralds
~
Loyal Obsidian Guard, Valkyon, I acknowledge your strength and determination. Proudly sport the red gem of the Obsidian Guard, showering my enemies with compassion and the flames of justice.

#547 09/07/2020 at 01:10

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Stargaser wrote

I don’t have any of the pieces from two of the three outfits nor either of the skins I am wondering if when you go to explore next year when they have the summer events if you can get what you don’t have for the whole outfit or if you don’t get anything for the other two outfits that you do not have pieces for
It's highly unlikely that this year's outfits will be available via exploration next year. Last year's items are available via exploration this year BECAUSE they were only found through exploration last year.

Because this year's are only unlocked through mini games, the only way to get pieces of them next year will probably be through the store.

I would be pleasantly surprised if beemoov actually made them obtainable through exploration. But don't count on it at all, or you'll most likely be disappointed. They'll be shop-only almost certainly.

only need 36 more shells to finish the outfits.
With the 9 shells I already got at midnight. There's
66 possible shells left to get before the end of the event.

If I get max today I'll get the 2nd to last item.
Got the 3rd to last item right at midnight.

So I should be able to finish the last outfit tomorrow,
a day early!

and I just did the math in my head, even if I only got 1 shell per mini game play from here on,
it's impossible for me NOT to finish the outfits.
It'd still be 15 shells tomorrow and the day after and I'd only need 6 more shells today,
which even if I only got 1 per play today, I'd still get 8.

but man, this was tedious work to be able to get to this point to complete the outfits. I did it cuz I liked all the outfits AND had the time. I can understand why others gave up on doing it especially if they didn't really care for the outfits. Or even if they wanted to complete the outfits but weren't able to because of time constraints.

Beemoov made it way too tight. The fact that I've been consistently doing the mini games, and missed maybe 4 plays over the course of the 4 weeks, and missed maybe 10 shells from the times I did play and only got 1 shell, and STILL I can only finish the even a day early.

Even if I'd never missed a single shell from the beginning and IF my guesses on what I missed are accurate, that's only a difference of 18 shells. So instead of 36 shells right now, I'd only need 18 shells but that would still not be completable until tomorrow. So even if you did the event perfectly. You could not finish it until the 2nd to last day without paying gold.

If each outfit piece was worth 15 shells instead of 20 shells I think the event would've been significantly more fair without changing anything else.

But I also think it was unfair you had to play the games so many times a day.

Instead of using shells as currency they should've just made it so maybe you could play each mini game 3 times a day, and by winning both mini games 3 times you unlocked an outfit piece. But the 5 plays a day would still be available, you just would only need them if you lost one of the games once or twice.

And the feed the companion game could be a bonus meter. Like maybe two outfits would be unlocked piece by piece with the daily mini game wins, but the other is unlocked by feeding the companion, and maybe by taking care of it two days in a row you'd get an outfit piece separate from the mini game outfit pieces. So every other day you could get 2 outfit pieces, one from two different outfits.

Those changes would've made fewer necessary plays per day, and easier to get all the outfit pieces, but still stretching it out over the set length of the event. It'd still take 24 days minimum to finish the event, but easier to unlock everything. So with a 29 day event, 5 days is still not that much, but it's much more forgiving than only 1 extra day.

And there's only 1 extra day because they extended the event! If they hadn't extended the event then I'd be finishing the last outfit only on the last day of the event!

#548 09/07/2020 at 06:33

Shadow Guard
marvelousends
Guard Patrol
marvelousends

I wish they could've extended the event a few days more. I think I would've been able to complete it if I had about 5-6 days instead of 2. I've done my best to complete all 5 rounds for a month and get 2 shells instead of 1 but I've been working 8 hours a day the whole summer and spending 8 hours/day at my art school which started last Monday. And I neither worked for home or "go to school" from home. It's all in person so I still need to be at other places and can't bring my computer to these things. So I always tried to complete at least 1 round or 2 in the morning depending on how early I got up and usually stayed up late to complete the 5th which resulted in both stress and lack of sleep.

I don't really write reviews on events but I do feel like the events have gotten worse by stressing players to complete it instead of making it a tad bit easier so you could have a few more days on it OR making sure you don't need to wait to play your rounds / have fewer rounds to play during the day. Especially after the event on MCL I'm tired of spending all my days playing games that stresses me out. For people who work/study from home or have been having a lot of free time in the summer, congrats to you! You're probably already done or will be able to complete it.

Considering the age group we have on Eldarya, we are a lot of older players who don't have the same free time we had when we were younger and didn't need jobs or studying for a college degree etc. Considering that, I think this is one of their worst events (on Eldarya that is to say).

But this is of course just my opinion.

https://i.imgur.com/CfJ4ZN6.png

#549 09/07/2020 at 13:50

Absynthe Guard
Katina
Unicorn Sidekick
Katina

I completely agree with you marvelousends. With work, some days I used the game as a reason to go take a quick break, but most days I was too busy to have time for more then two breaks.

Oh! Buttmoov blocked my other ticket. So this is how they handle things? They block and ignore them. Good to see. I’m gonna go put in another!

As for everyone else, I ask you take your complaints straight to support. Go make a ticket in game play or whichever category you think is correct. They can ignore one, but they can’t ignore multiple. Tell them everything you’re upset with. If you don’t have any complaints, go tell them to return the GC they’ve stolen from Katina and other players.

Oh and please let us all know the replies you get!

Yes, I am not wearing pants. No, I don't see it as a problem!

On the prowl for Event clothes! Message me if you need to sell something!

#550 09/07/2020 at 16:00

Absynthe Guard
BlackPaperMoon
Rookie
BlackPaperMoon

Katina wrote

I completely agree with you marvelousends. With work, some days I used the game as a reason to go take a quick break, but most days I was too busy to have time for more then two breaks

So I'm not the only one who took extra breaks at work just to do the minigames.  /static/img/forum/smilies/tongue.png If I don't do it, I don't have enough time for all rounds. /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png Would be a lot better if they just gave up on the time based games.

Last edited by BlackPaperMoon (09/07/2020 at 16:00)

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24