Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 21 22 23 24

#551 09/07/2020 at 17:12

Shadow Guard
Sapphireswan
Just Arrived
Sapphireswan

I never post in the forums any more, unlike my golden years on MCL when I used to chat on the forums daily, but I have to share my excitement with someone! I finally caught a piscxolot! I did it!! Yay me!

But to express some of my opinions of this whole Summer Event, it's a very...blah event. While I am not too fussed with having to wait 2 hours between minigames, I can not stand how many shells we have to collect in order to get 1 item, and the fact that we get 2 shells per successful completion of the mini-games. While it's totally doable, it's annoying, and does come off like more of a chore then a game.

The outfits were cute though, I do wish I could have completed all of them, but I am happy with the one I got, it's the one with all the seashells, Abyss Creature, I think it's called. I am happy with the companions, I think they are super cute. I wish I could have gotten them both, but the drop rates are ridiculous. 

It's not a terrible event. It's not a good one by any means, but it is not a terrible one. The one on MCL I didn't even attempt this year because of the glitches and bugs, and the sheer amount of things you needed to collect in order to get a single item. But for this event the prizes are good, the games are boring as sin.

And also I think it is kind of...'not very cool' (<- Is a substitute for explicit word) of them to be giving people such a hassle over the whole button issue. I never spend money on this site, but it kind of 'grinds my gears'(<- Is a substitute for explicit word) that other people are spending their hard earned money on it, and they are acting like that. It's a problem they need to fix, and hopefully will not come up in future events.

Fades back into the shadows of the interwebs
Fades back here for an update:

Update: I also got the Pinchou! Both companions I found in the Phibea Sea on the Jade Coast.

Fades back

Last edited by Sapphireswan (09/07/2020 at 21:55)

#552 09/08/2020 at 13:13

Shadow Guard
MarinaLou
Rookie
MarinaLou

Um...so I just got the last 20 shells I needed to get the last item and it just..won't let me exchange them for the item? I keep pressing the trade button and it absolutely refuses to respond. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm going to submit a ticket too but I'm worried they won't get back in time and I'll miss out on the marvelous manta hair I want so much, as well as the illustration

#553 09/08/2020 at 13:27

Light Guard
Eleyon
Moderator & Leader of the XMen
Okumara

MarinaLou wrote

Um...so I just got the last 20 shells I needed to get the last item and it just..won't let me exchange them for the item? I keep pressing the trade button and it absolutely refuses to respond. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm going to submit a ticket too but I'm worried they won't get back in time and I'll miss out on the marvelous manta hair I want so much, as well as the illustration

Try refreshing the page, someone had that issue earlier and when I suggested it they said that fixed the issue.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/786681519594536972/1010406187449188463/bha.png

#554 09/08/2020 at 14:20

Shadow Guard
MarinaLou
Rookie
MarinaLou

Okumara wrote

Try refreshing the page, someone had that issue earlier and when I suggested it they said that fixed the issue.

Oh my gosh that worked, I feel so dumb! Thank you so much!

#555 09/08/2020 at 14:41

Absynthe Guard
mezuku
Recruit
mezuku

I am done and I never want to see this event again. It was more tedious than anything and the illustration and outfits were not worth it.

#556 09/08/2020 at 14:52

Absynthe Guard
Katina
Unicorn Sidekick
Katina

BlackPaperMoon wrote

Katina wrote

I completely agree with you marvelousends. With work, some days I used the game as a reason to go take a quick break, but most days I was too busy to have time for more then two breaks

So I'm not the only one who took extra breaks at work just to do the minigames.  /static/img/forum/smilies/tongue.png If I don't do it, I don't have enough time for all rounds. /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png Would be a lot better if they just gave up on the time based games.

Honestly with how I was working, I did need the extra breaks some days just to keep my sanity XP

Also, just to let everyone know, I submitted a general game play ticket giving my thoughts on the event and they credited 38 GC back to my account (2 went towards the two shells I got). So I guess it finally worked. Just had to try a different angle.

Yes, I am not wearing pants. No, I don't see it as a problem!

On the prowl for Event clothes! Message me if you need to sell something!

#557 09/08/2020 at 15:23

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

Katina wrote

Also, just to let everyone know, I submitted a general game play ticket giving my thoughts on the event and they credited 38 GC back to my account (2 went towards the two shells I got). So I guess it finally worked. Just had to try a different angle.

That's great news! Gratz and ty for your determination, I would not have so much. Also, I regained some respect for beemoov.

#558 09/08/2020 at 16:34

Shadow Guard
RegineA
Unicorn Sidekick
RegineA

I suppose it's time to submit my thoughts.

The games worked fine for me without many glitches. When it did happen, I could refresh the game and start again. Obviously this wasn't a case of losing the game and wanting a do-over, but the Olympics game did freeze a few times at the end of rounds and I wasn't able to obtain the shells that I earned. Both games were easy enough to actually win shells, but challenging in a way that they were enjoyable. The only thing is that they had to be played so many times to get enough shells that they did start to become boring. For that, I'd prefer that the 'cost' of each item was lowered or that we have a wider variety of games (like with MCL).

The outfits were nice. They did have a lot of parts that I can recycle into my own styles, and the design was well done.

I did collect both companions. The drop rate of the creatures was terrible though.

For the exploration items, okay I will be negative with this. I maybe found 2 items the entire event. What was even the point? Granted there isn't anything that I was particularly searching for, but seriously? We've complained about this during several events, but this was by far the worst that I've ever seen. My companion has a high amount of luck and is supposedly one of the best creatures available for exploration. With this in mind, there's no reason why it should be that low a find rate.

Oh yeah, and the coin issue, but that's obviously going to be ignored.

In all, not a bad event. Generally good, but the bad points were absolutely awful. 7/10.

Last edited by RegineA (09/08/2020 at 16:37)

#559 09/08/2020 at 17:36

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Finished the last outfit today as per my projection.

Tallied the maana I spent on the color variations I got
I spent 11,628 on getting other colors of items ^^;

Only have 1,282 maana now.

No regrets on my spending though. There were some really good items that were worth getting 3 or 4 color variations of. Like those MANTA EYES. Might be my favorite item. The abyss creature top, and both the manta and legend of the sea antennae too. And especially those legend of the sea fins that look like wings. Those might be my second favorite item.

#560 09/09/2020 at 03:48

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

Oh yes, time for shopping! I need few abyss creature skins and tops, and at least 1 more manta skin, 5 legend of sea bikinis&tops... *quickly checks manaa wallet* 10k is definitely not enough!

#561 09/09/2020 at 04:17

Absynthe Guard
Sakura272535
Just Arrived
Sakura272535

is there like a hack to get rid of the underwear option of the abyss creature skin or no?..... O_O

nobody:
not even a single soul:
me:
hmmm i want primos but im broke

#562 09/09/2020 at 04:41

Obsidian Guard
lex12
Rookie
lex12

Sakura272535 wrote

is there like a hack to get rid of the underwear option of the abyss creature skin or no?..... O_O

Nope. there are no-undies skins tho. Other than that, you can only try to find underwear that doesn't show that much.

Last edited by lex12 (09/09/2020 at 04:41)

#563 09/09/2020 at 06:36

Shadow Guard
MelancholyLush
Rookie
MelancholyLush

Help, I have finished the minigames and clicked Trade so many times because I lack shells. It shows on the Rewards page that I have 20 available shells even though I know I lack 5 more, and whenever I click Trade nothing pops up. Is this a bug? This is so unfair because I want the Manta hair badly ._.

I also have refreshed the page many times and logged out and logged back in. Still nothing ._.

Edit: was able to fix this by using a mobile browser. yay!

Last edited by MelancholyLush (09/09/2020 at 07:03)

https://usagif.com/wp-content/uploads/gifs/dragon-43.gif

#564 09/09/2020 at 07:12

Shadow Guard
tea8732
Young Recruit
tea8732

I did some calculating and realized I won't be able to collect every outfit piece. I'm missing one hair and the event will end before tomorrow so I'm not able to collect enough shells, because you can only play five rounds a day. -.-'

Also... last day of the event guess how many palm leaves have I found during this event? You guessed it.. zero.

I am, who I am
And I am, who i was
And I am, who I'll always be~

#565 09/09/2020 at 10:01

Light Guard
Eleyon
Moderator & Leader of the XMen
Okumara

With this event now pretty much over I've now realized we go back into what I like to call the dark ages where there are no episodes and all we have nothing to do but events that come rarely ( i mean Halloween is literally next month but there is still nothing else to do)......yay.....

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ef5157982deb65df3ab436d88ba1bbe4/b9d869fb25e2000d-0e/s500x750/1bf51e3faac34e52ad4e8bf4f9060bee917d358f.gif

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/786681519594536972/1010406187449188463/bha.png

#566 09/09/2020 at 11:34

Absynthe Guard
Mizore
Unicorn Sidekick
Mizore

I assumed that by finishing the event, the drop rate would have gotten better, unfortunately no. I'm rather disappointed about the drop rate, I've encountered the crab companion a little more consistently than other things though none of the bait, and none of the companion food and definitely none of the equipment I was hoping to attain. /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

Got event items or companion food you'd like to get rid of? Message me on Discord and I'll take them off your hands! Mizore#1203

#567 09/09/2020 at 11:51

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Okumara wrote

With this event now pretty much over I've now realized we go back into what I like to call the dark ages where there are no episodes and all we have nothing to do but events that come rarely ( i mean Halloween is literally next month but there is still nothing else to do)......yay.....

Gosh I didn't even think about that.
Now, they have teased a rerelease of the spring bindle items. But I suppose I shouldn't hope for it to happen before halloween. If anything they'll probably release it between v-day and easter, or between easter and music day, since "spring" is in the name -_-

Maybe they'll make the flash sales more frequent and make the items available for maana? That's the best I can hope for. I can't even think what they could do. Unless they do something like the pride month outfit for fall and have some kind of fall themed, non halloween outfit...But again, that's hoping for too much.

All I can think is they'll release another teaser for season 2 with information they haven't released yet to keep people talking about it, but nothing to actually "do"

#568 09/09/2020 at 12:56

Absynthe Guard
knkuroneko
Recruit
knkuroneko

I completed the event, and I really liked it, the outfits are good, the mini-games were not that hard. The waiting time was okay. Overall it was a great event. Plus I really liked the outfit colors, the pink's and red's were pretty.

"all my flowers grew back as thorns" https://media.giphy.com/media/Hf94BspUpu0JW/giphy.gif

#569 09/09/2020 at 13:42

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

So my blobby has just returned from his last exploration for this event and I decided to count how much has he found during the last 30 days. And I found out he has brought back 3 golden nuggets, which I've already sold, less than 20 event baits (I stopped counting them at some point), a lot of jacksons hairs and some other non event stuff I don't care about right now. But what about the event clothing items? Well, after counting them meticulously I can say I got the astounding amount of:
21 event items
--> 1 bg (last year's)
--> 2 companions
--> 18 last year's items
That's less than an item per day.

Here are all the itemes I own and how I've found them:

I know this are last year's items and that they are not the focus of this event, just a little extra and that we should be grateful to be able to get them by exploration and blah blah blah... But finding more items at the end of the event last year was an extra, and the drop rate then felt like trash, but I managed to get more items in two weeks with a normal event companion than in a whole month with the probably best companion in the game. Most of the days, specially near the end, blobby returned empty handed all the times I sent him exploring. And I have only found the companions 3 times. Three. In the whole month. What is the drop rate of these things, 1 in a million?

The minigames were fun the first week, but they became really boring and starting feeling like a duty really quickly. Last year the event was divided in sections, you finished one part, got the outfit and moved to another completely diferent section. It was fun and you didn't get bored. With this system? You start hating the minigames the second week. I feel like if each minigame unlocked a different outfit the event would have been a bit better. The waiting was not as bad as it could have been, but being able to play all the five ronds in a go would have made it definately better.

The outfits are not bad, I really loved them when I saw them, but I've gotten tired of them? I don't know, the event has been going on for so long that I think I just lost all my enthusiasm of the beggining. Some parts are nice, but the abyss skin was a disappointment. Why do we have to wear underwear with it when it's clearly dessigned to not wear it?

I don't care about the illustrations, so I don't feel bad for not finishing the event. Would I liked to get more outfit parts? Maybe, but the items I like are in the middle and in the end of the outfit order, so I spend GC or wait for next year and see if I can get some, and I suppose I'll just wait for next year. It's been almost two years since I joined and I suppose I'll be around here next year too.

This didn't start as a review of the event, but meh, it has turned out it was. Disappointing. That's the only word that can describe the event for me now. I've just re-read my first comment on this thread of the event, and I was really excited for it. But now I'm just tired and disappointed. It's not just one thing, it's a lot of tiny things that just made me lose my excitement.
I sure enjoy more the only exploration events, the ones with their own maps and everything, especially when they go for such a long time, but there are some minigame based ones that I've also enjoyed, and this one felt like a mix of the worse parts of those two.

I really wasn't expecting to say this, but I'm glad the event is over, at least now I won't be expecting blobby to find things when exploring.

Goodbye

It's been a pleasure serving in the guard with you all, but it's time for me to leave.
Hope you all have a wonderful time here in the lands of El.

Concept Art Suggestions
My Interactive Adventure: Don't worry, I will find the best treasure...Or not...

#570 09/09/2020 at 13:56

Shadow Guard
tea8732
Young Recruit
tea8732

Now that I think about it I find it very odd I wasn't able to complete this event after all I've played every day every turn, yes sometimes I've gotten zero shells from the games but enough to be a day short?

Still confused how i could not find a single palm leaf though my companion was exploring everyday..

I'm not salty 'cause I don't really care, I'm just very confused as to what I did wrong.

I am, who I am
And I am, who i was
And I am, who I'll always be~

#571 09/09/2020 at 14:23

Shadow Guard
Ieyasu
Vanquised the Boobrie
Ieyasu

I like the outfits but the event was very tedious.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/70f9049f03a221b3e47a53f9a1afa6f0/336e141fec56c4dc-82/s400x600/f538d82d2e7f875e6ea43bfe106869eaadc2f99f.gifvhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/3366a6ef7c84a4a2d644d5dfc797a8c9/336e141fec56c4dc-11/s400x600/a05a6590e4c11ae499b72a27e02a7f675efc0f8c.gifvhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/1ceb4320993c7888e7bf1f00afe1b1c8/336e141fec56c4dc-44/s400x600/657d203293286e5b687eaf1a0ec9104b18983b9d.gifv

#572 09/09/2020 at 15:19

Shadow Guard
HeartKiller
Soldier of the Guard
HeartKiller

tea8732 wrote

Still confused how i could not find a single palm leaf though my companion was exploring everyday..

I'm not salty 'cause I don't really care, I'm just very confused as to what I did wrong.

You did nothing wrong, the drop rate was terribly low /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png it was actually more wise just buy the egg for cheap directly at market.

IF YOU'RE NOT AFFECTED, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION
https://i.imgur.com/sa5Ek18.gif

#573 09/09/2020 at 15:41

Shadow Guard
Nio
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Nio

Finally got the Thelxiope hair on the last day of the event, only to realize it has shells etc in it. I mean it's still cute, but a lot harder to combine with different outfits.

So my total haul of the event is two outfits, all backgrounds and both companions, but I only really cared about some of the backgrounds and the two hairs. I really like the manta outfit, but it's so hard to combine with other items, like there isn't really pieces in it that work well in different several outfits, but I got it anyways for the fabulous hair. And I was really excited to see all the unnatural pastel skin colour choices on the Abyss Creature outfit!

Last edited by Nio (09/09/2020 at 15:42)

https://i.ibb.co/hDLJsB3/2018-03-7-01-07-42.png

#574 09/09/2020 at 19:14

Shadow Guard
Aoria
Young Recruit
Aoria

This event is far from my favorite event. I think they should have done a board game event, that would have at least been more fun not boring.

Needed 40 more shells to get the last outfit, but I got two out the three outfits and they aren't anything special, not even a meh to be honest.

This event felt like a chore to do every single day. Didn't feel fun or exciting to do. I even looked at the illustration and it's not anything special.

The drop rates for everything was a pure nightmare. Had to get the baits from market just to make sure I had some on me. Had a hard time finding the new companions. Found maybe 4 clothing items.

Overall, I would give this event 1 out of 10. Please don't do this event again.

#575 09/09/2020 at 21:59

Obsidian Guard
Aquaria
Guard in Training
Aquaria

In my opinion the event was okay. Not the best,but definitely not worst. Outfits were kinda not my style, but I really liked some of the pieces indepentaly. Mini-games were okay, not too hard but also not plain boring.

Thing that bugged me most, was the "time managament". 2h wait time was managable, but like.. 5 times a day? I don't have time or motivation to do them that many times daily for a month. I think the event should have been shorter, with more daily shells.

In the end I have 2 full outfits and one 5/12. Also managed to find one of the companions and few outfit pieces.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/e462b4e6ba9b717f8e898bbfaa4c2ea6/tumblr_p0z6l3L5Qm1tjvv94o3_540.gif

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 21 22 23 24