Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

#201 06/21/2019 at 08:15

Shadow Guard
Anna16
Just Arrived
Anna16

Honestly the mini-game is undoable unless you have extreme prior practice,which I don't,so I'm just gonna give up on this event and wish the next ones will be better  /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

#202 06/21/2019 at 08:55

Obsidian Guard
Riuu
Recruit
Riuu

The previous event with the alchemy thing, I had a Jipinku, with 66 luck and 110 energy I think?
Every day I managed to find alchemy related ingredients, and didn't have to buy many things to complete a piece of outfit.

Now I have a Beckett with 223 luck and 130 energy. In 3 days, 3 WHOLE DAYS I have found ONE PIECE OF TISSUE. That's it. Nothing else.

I found 5 baits, and met 5 times different companions.

For the Valentine event and this one, I'm hitting the 10 energy places (HQ & HQ garden, the plains, the rock and the sea) on the 1st map since I only have access to this one so far.

I don't know, but I really think there's a little problem with the drop rate.

Speaking of the mini game, I confirm that I can make it until 40-45 notes then it all goes to the drain... and I don't get any points /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

#203 06/21/2019 at 09:25

Obsidian Guard
YokoHope
Young Recruit
YokoHope

So, I am far from a game designer, but the piano mini game is incredibly frustrating. You'd think it would be easier if they used keyboard rather than number pad. But I guess that does bring up the valid reason of how would it translate to mobile devices.

I think if you used 'asdf' and 'jkl;' and highlight what button needed to be pushed next, within a time frame, it'd be a much more fun game. Kinda like a typing game, I suppose... Oh, well. This is simply me venting.

Last event was the first time I skipped entirely and bought my way though. This time, however, I'm completely avoiding.

#204 06/21/2019 at 09:40

Shadow Guard
MaySkyward
Just Arrived
MaySkyward

Astreal wrote

I usually don't comment unless I have a particularly strong feeling on something, but I'm glad to see that others having difficulty with the mini-game.  I am a clarinetist just shy of my 30th year playing and I can execute insanely hard material passably at first sight, but this, not happening apparently.

I'm also a clarinetist (although this is only my 11th year playing lmao) and this is so much more difficult than anything on an actual instrument. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have 1-6, a super uneven range on the keyboard that requires no good hand placements, is someone who shouldn't be in charge of deciding these things.

Don't you think they would TEST this out with their employees first? Even hardcore gamers would have a hard time the first few tries.

I can get a perfect score after failing most rounds the past two days, but it's just kinda ridiculous we didn't get any practice rounds for something of this nature.

#205 06/21/2019 at 10:14

Shadow Guard
Reia
Young Recruit
Reia

One word for this event : infuriating.

Me failing at the piano mini game 5 times a day, every day :

https://zupimages.net/up/19/25/zxov.jpg

Last edited by Reia (06/21/2019 at 10:25)

https://zupimages.net/up/19/21/7c70.png

#206 06/21/2019 at 10:21

Shadow Guard
Daryall
Just Arrived
Daryall

I still don't understand how the Alchemy thing works (i mean i guess i need stuff to make an outfit, but i have no idea where to get that stuff? no way i'll be lucky enough that my companion will find it for me), and the minigame is IMPOSSIBLE. It shouldn't be that hard the first time. I think I'm just gonna give up and wait for the next event.

⊙﹏⊙

#207 06/21/2019 at 10:33

Absynthe Guard
Zherriel
Virhebongari
Zherriel

@Daryall you can buy the alchemy ingredients in the alchemy shop if you don't want to look for them on the maps. Tough, they are expensive in the shop.

As for the mini-game, I share the opinion of so many others here before me: it is too hard and I, too, stumble too much on the middle part ending up losing too many points and therefore the whole game. Not a fan.

I guess Beemoov events are not for me anymore, since the MCLUL event mini-game is impossible for me this year as well. I wonder how much longer I want to keep participating in Beemoov's games at all, since this kind of "fun extra-content" as the events are supposed to be just make me feel bad about not being able to succeed in them. It does take away some fun of the basic gameplay as well, unfortunately.

#208 06/21/2019 at 10:49

Absynthe Guard
Ireen
Young Recruit
Ireen

To everyone struggling w/ the piano game: pause the hell out of it.
It’ll still be annoying and stressful (you'll probably still fail the first couple times, don't get discouraged!) but it’s the only way I got it to work for me. After the initial 3/4/2/3/4/2/3 part (easy imo) start pausing after nailing 2 or 3 notes to glance down and readjust your fingers as needed. I also find it easier to have my left hand on the upper number row and right on the mouse. good luck!(⌒▽⌒)☆

#209 06/21/2019 at 10:53

Shadow Guard
Reia
Young Recruit
Reia

Ireen wrote

It’ll still be annoying and stressful (you'll probably still fail the first couple times, don't get discouraged!) but it’s the only way I got it to work for me. After the initial 3/4/2/3/4/2/3 part (easy imo) start pausing after nailing 2 or 3 notes to glance down and readjust your fingers as needed. I also find it easier to have my left hand on the upper number row and right on the mouse. good luck!(⌒▽⌒)☆

thanks for the tips, but how do you pause the game?

#210 06/21/2019 at 10:54

Shadow Guard
ȷungkook
Alchemy Apprentice
Guardian

Reia wrote

Ireen wrote

click outside of the game screen

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6e/eb/38/6eeb383093fef384b8a0a9739be22e30.jpg

#211 06/21/2019 at 10:56

Shadow Guard
Reia
Young Recruit
Reia

Guardian wrote

Reia wrote

Ireen wrote

click outside of the game screen

Ooh I see! Thanks!

#212 06/21/2019 at 11:00

Absynthe Guard
Ireen
Young Recruit
Ireen

aaaand just as i post a tip they fix the game. oh well. pausing is still valid if you find it too fast.(⌒_⌒/static/img/forum/smilies/wink.png
good on you beemov for listening to players. this time.

#213 06/21/2019 at 11:05

Shadow Guard
MaySkyward
Just Arrived
MaySkyward

Well they fixed the game and made it easier, but after training myself to do well on the original, now I am failing again lmao. Time to practice again.

Thanks for listening to us for once and making a change!!

EDIT: I take it back. It's like they gave us a single round with 5 notes and reversed to the original format and made it even more difficult. I was doing FINE until they made changes. Now it seems one missed note counts for two? It seems that difficult.

Best option here, Beemoov, is to raise the number of missed notes from five to TEN. Or, idk, make it like MCL where we can play the game every hour or so instead of limit us to 5 per day. If you won't stick to the easier gameplay, at least do that for us. It's unplayable and needs to be addressed again.

Last edited by MaySkyward (06/21/2019 at 14:05)

#214 06/21/2019 at 11:36

Shadow Guard
IvyHearts
The Answer to Everything
IvyHearts

Please will someone message me. Trying to get the new companions, that's the only good thing but no guide or anything. I wouldn't bother with the alchemy, did it last time and I'm still broke and no companion out of that mess.

#215 06/21/2019 at 12:04

Shadow Guard
Cailin
Rookie
Cailin

Wait, I just had larger red squares and only 5 keys/numbers to play? But they got smaller after losing two times?

I guess they change something but I'm confused.

Edit: Well I just read their post and idk anymore, honestly it is still impossible when it's fast and also changing it with no visible notification in the game..(If I simply didn't see it, my fault and I take that back).

Last edited by Cailin (06/21/2019 at 12:10)

Solely pretty

#216 06/21/2019 at 12:36

Shadow Guard
Zanillia
Recruit
Zanillia

"Hey, we heard that our players are complaining about how difficult and unfair the minigame is. So, we changed it to have one less key to press, but that goes back on itself after a couple of rounds! Also, you still lose all of your points if you fail."

https://data.whicdn.com/images/262497524/superthumb.jpg?t=1476469010

Chief.......... this ain't it.

I mean, props to them for actually making a bit of an effort and listening to what everyone had to say, but...

Last edited by Zanillia (06/21/2019 at 12:37)

#217 06/21/2019 at 12:43

Shadow Guard
Aquacute
Just Arrived
Aquacute

TeodoraCV wrote

as i thought. it's in alchemy once again.
no,thank you. i will not use my maana. i am not billionaire. i will keep passing the events until beemoov makes something useful for us,too,not only for them.
edit: i find the mini-game impossible.

If they want us to at least do some things in the event they should at least up our salary

Aquacute

#218 06/21/2019 at 13:01

Just Arrived
ThatGirlMyra

Probably only trying for the hair, but I'm so annoyed that it's alchemy again. Luckily I'm not a huge fan of the outfit. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with  the minigame... what do we get from it, by the way? I'm honestly not going to continue with it now, unless it's worth something. Sheesh... events aren't getting any better.

☪ ·̩   。 ☆   ゚ *   。*  +   *  ・ 。☆͙  ☆   *
Yₒᵤ ₒₙₗy ₗᵢᵥₑ ₒₙcₑ
ₜₕₑₙ fₒᵣₑᵥₑᵣ...➳ ➴ ➵ ➶
"Sadness is easier because it's surrender
https://i.imgur.com/gccyX8Z.gif[img]

#219 06/21/2019 at 13:04

Obsidian Guard
NoName_NoPower
Young Recruit
NoName_NoPower

Riuu wrote

The previous event with the alchemy thing, I had a Jipinku, with 66 luck and 110 energy I think?
Every day I managed to find alchemy related ingredients, and didn't have to buy many things to complete a piece of outfit.

Now I have a Beckett with 223 luck and 130 energy. In 3 days, 3 WHOLE DAYS I have found ONE PIECE OF TISSUE. That's it. Nothing else.

I found 5 baits, and met 5 times different companions.

For the Valentine event and this one, I'm hitting the 10 energy places (HQ & HQ garden, the plains, the rock and the sea) on the 1st map since I only have access to this one so far.

I don't know, but I really think there's a little problem with the drop rate.

I'm also using a Beckett and he has only brought me four baits, a begginers sewing kit and a solid fabric. Most of the time just brings sweetened eggs, encounters normal companions or doen't bring anything. The drop rate for all the event items and the companions is really low. I found three event companions the first day, and I couldn't catch them since I hadn't the bait, but haven't seen one of them theese past two days.

Goodbye

It's been a pleasure serving in the guard with you all, but it's time for me to leave.
Hope you all have a wonderful time here in the lands of El.

Concept Art Suggestions
My Interactive Adventure: Don't worry, I will find the best treasure...Or not...

#220 06/21/2019 at 13:49

Obsidian Guard
Camelly
Recruit
Camelly

Zanillia wrote

"Hey, we heard that our players are complaining about how difficult and unfair the minigame is. So, we changed it to have one less key to press, but that goes back on itself after a couple of rounds! Also, you still lose all of your points if you fail."

https://data.whicdn.com/images/262497524/superthumb.jpg?t=1476469010

Chief.......... this ain't it.

I mean, props to them for actually making a bit of an effort and listening to what everyone had to say, but...

My exact thoughts. First I didn't even realize that this means that in the first seconds of the game you have 5 numbers to keep an eye on, and then it goes back to 6 IN THE SAME GAME! It didn't get better... It didn't, because the the first half of the game was not the problem! At least not for me, and not for a bunch of players I saw commenting on this mini game. I just managed fine until the part when those notes come without pauses, which is by the way the part where it switches back... And I think the fact that in the middle you have to take extra caution and pay attention on one more finger (which you didn't need to use at the beginning) is almost worse. I mean I was happy to see that they listened, but I'm afraid they don't really know much about how to make it easier for their players - or they are just trolling, and they try to look like they care. They could have make it slower, lessen the amount of notes, give us more room for mistakes, give some partial points for reaching certain amount of notes, etc. And they chose THIS. Really makes you wondering how they test and create these games. The only explanation is that they've never tried it themselves.

#221 06/21/2019 at 14:09

Obsidian Guard
ShizukaLapis
Young Recruit
ShizukaLapis

So the minigame is still as unplayable as ever. Why am I not surprised.

Also - "Attention: if you aren't able to complete your lesson, you will not win any points."

...Why? What made you think anyone would have the patience for this? Even if you have lightning-fast dexterity you're practically guaranteed to fail all five times. The spamming bug was the only actual way to win and of course they had to fix it. I swear, it's like Buttmoov wants people to hate them at this point.

Last edited by ShizukaLapis (06/21/2019 at 14:12)

#222 06/21/2019 at 15:09

Absynthe Guard
BlackPaperMoon
Rookie
BlackPaperMoon

6 notes just too much... Now that we have a 5 notes song, I could do that for the second time (with three mistakes I think?), so that's at least possible, but the 6 notes song is just too much to focus on. That requires too many fingers to focus on at once.

#223 06/21/2019 at 15:27

Obsidian Guard
Kamra
Recruit
Kamra

I had finally learned the 6 notes thing and they had to go and change it.
https://i.imgur.com/c4jt321.png

(◕‿◕✿) KAMRA (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ NYANYAKAI 。◕‿‿◕。 ROSE (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

#224 06/21/2019 at 15:35

Obsidian Guard
Riuu
Recruit
Riuu

NoName_NoPower wrote

I'm also using a Beckett and he has only brought me four baits, a begginers sewing kit and a solid fabric. Most of the time just brings sweetened eggs, encounters normal companions or doen't bring anything. The drop rate for all the event items and the companions is really low. I found three event companions the first day, and I couldn't catch them since I hadn't the bait, but haven't seen one of them theese past two days.

Same, I didn't see any companion today...

Also, I forgot to say, but in those three days I also used potions, which added a grand total of 300 energy points. So like.
Considering I hit only the 10 energy places, I tried 69 times in 3 days and one (1) alchemy ingredient.
That's a 6,9% rate of finding alchemy ingredients. Seems extremely low to me during an event period.

(also wow I don't really want to play the mini game anymore if we're just going to switch from 5 to 6 keys... though having only 5 keys seems like a good idea since you can then use only one hand and focus on it)

Last edited by Riuu (06/21/2019 at 16:02)

#225 06/21/2019 at 15:38

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Rather than all or nothing, they should've made the mini game give points dependent on how far you make it. What's the point in getting 15 points only if you don't fail? if you get half the notes before you fail you should get at least 8 points. If you get more than half the notes before you fail you can get 12 points, and so on. It should be incremental, not all or nothing.

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16