Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16

#151 06/20/2019 at 12:34

Obsidian Guard
Valaena
Guard in Training
Valaena

@Raine

Personally, I couldn't care less about the story. I don't even know why I'm still here. It's like I can't get enough of playing dress up... The Events are pretty much all that holds me. I cared about the story in MCL and then they ended HS and threw 3 out of 5 guys in the trash can with the whole college spin-off concept. So I deleted my account which I had since 2012. I don't think caring about the story is a good option with Beemov games...

EDIT: omg I got the first post in a page again...

Last edited by Valaena (06/20/2019 at 12:35)

#152 06/20/2019 at 12:54

Shadow Guard
Raine
Rookie
Raine

Valaena wrote

@Raine

Personally, I couldn't care less about the story. I don't even know why I'm still here. It's like I can't get enough of playing dress up... The Events are pretty much all that holds me. I cared about the story in MCL and then they ended HS and threw 3 out of 5 guys in the trash can with the whole college spin-off concept. So I deleted my account which I had since 2012. I don't think caring about the story is a good option with Beemov games...

EDIT: omg I got the first post in a page again...

I'm guessing you're not interested in the story because you're not far into it yet, so you have no reason to be very invested. But if you're just here for the events then you're probably going to be severely disappointed again and again.

For an awesome band and comic check out September Mourning! New graphic novel now available!

https://i.ibb.co/9WsjCmg/September-mourning.jpg

#153 06/20/2019 at 12:59

Obsidian Guard
Valaena
Guard in Training
Valaena

Raine wrote

I'm guessing you're not interested in the story because you're not far into it yet, so you have no reason to be very invested. But if you're just here for the events then you're probably going to be severely disappointed again and again.

I was invested in MCL though. But not making that mistake again. I can only hope the people who are invested in this story will not be as disappointed.

So far the Christmas and Halloween events have been great every year. If that changes I'm out for sure.

#154 06/20/2019 at 13:10

Shadow Guard
ȷungkook
Alchemy Apprentice
Guardian

Valaena wrote

So far the Christmas and Halloween events have been great every year. If that changes I'm out for sure.

Oh god please no.
I mean last year's Christmas was pretty lame with maximum 50 items per location but knowing beemoov, it can get even worse.

Last edited by Guardian (06/20/2019 at 13:11)

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6e/eb/38/6eeb383093fef384b8a0a9739be22e30.jpg

#155 06/20/2019 at 13:15

Obsidian Guard
Valaena
Guard in Training
Valaena

Guardian wrote

Oh god please no.
I mean last year's Christmas was pretty lame with maximum 50 items per location but knowing beemoov, it can get even worse.

I actually didn't have an issue with that. I'd rather get new stuff than the 2015-2016 items that I already have. But for people that do want them, that's a bummer.

I'd suggest for Beemov to just have two maps. One with old items and one with new items, but no one listens to fans here so ... I'll just stay content if they change nothing about Exploration events.

Last edited by Valaena (06/20/2019 at 13:17)

#156 06/20/2019 at 13:18

Shadow Guard
Maoyui
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Maoyui

Raine wrote

We might as well accept it, Beemoov doesn't care about us anymore. They haven't in years. We might as well give up on their events and stick to just regular game playing. We don't NEED the outfits from the events. We just want them because we feel like we're achieving something, but we should remind ourselves that these clothes and companions aren't necessary to play the game, they're only pleasing to the eye and bring a false sense of accomplishment. As for pictures, you can always just view them somewhere on the internet. They don't HAVE to be on your account because they don't benefit you in any way, it just feels nice to have them. Badmoov is just preying on people's instinctual need to win or have something that's difficult to obtain.

LET'S BOYCOTT EVENTS AND PROVE WE DON'T NEED THEIR CRAPPY OUTFITS AND WE'RE ONLY HERE FOR THE STORY! Just an idea.

Everything you're saying is very true, but I feel like at least a good half of the players here don't care about the Story in the slightest. They just like the outfits and the Events are pretty much the only reason why they play this game so they can get more outfits and Companions. (I mean, if you remember the outrage after they changed the Market, it says a lot about how far a lot of long time players are in the Story).

And I mean, by your own logic, we don't need the Story either, we can look it up and know everything that happens and see those Illustrations as well online or via guides.

I just find it would be rather unrealistic to expect most to boycott Events in favor of the Story. Besides, we hardly even need to boycott, the thing is literally unplayable as it is. Beemoov won't care as it is, though, as long as there's someone out there throwing money at the game, they'll keep making it worse and worse~

https://i.imgur.com/RlZjrzW.jpg

#157 06/20/2019 at 13:22

Shadow Guard
Reavyan
Just Arrived
Reavyan

This is going to be the first Eldarya event I sit out. There is just no motivation to play it.

The outfits are not my aesthetic. The previous years we got some gorgeous items, so this year is very meh in comparison. I also think that the artist who creates the clothes changed because the shading style is different, especially on long dresses. It works on its own but pairs awkwardly with the pieces with a different art style.

Those who like to have every single companion ever will probably enjoy expanding their collection, but that has never been of interest to me either.

And the mini game is awful. I've never played such a bad one before, and I've played every single one here and on MCL (deleted my account there though, so I don't know what they did this year and I couldn't care less.)

The events are usually such a highlight (remember the one with the poulpatata?) and this one falls flat. *shrug* Back to waiting for the next episode then.

#158 06/20/2019 at 13:43

Obsidian Guard
amuamoami13
Just Arrived
amuamoami13

First off, I appreciate the event. It makes the game more fun BUT, I'm not feeling the alchemy aspect of the game. Wasn't a fan when you introduced it and I'm still not a fan now.
The free outfit isn't all that great, kinda looks thrown together but the top is nice. Though I think the bank outfit is beautiful and its a shame I won't be getting it, because I'm not spending my money on something so cost-heavy only to get a not-so-cute alchemy outfit. Plus I'm saving my mana for my pet
Now, the mini-game isn't bad but its a bit difficult to keep up and get 88 correct with 5 mistakes allowed( I'll manage though). But coming from the mini-game on the MyCandyLove this mini-game is far better.
I usually only come for the Events and outfits but I'm probably going to sit this event out. I'm sorry but, it's not worth my time.
Also, why not use the same mechanic used in this mini-game on the MyCandyLove mini-game.

Last edited by amuamoami13 (06/20/2019 at 14:09)

#159 06/20/2019 at 14:27

Shadow Guard
Laërtim
Soldier of the Guard
Laërtim

Oh, hey, they "fixed" the minigame so now if you do the keysmash method, you just die immediately.

From the instructions: "Attention: if you click on the wrong key or too late, this counts as a false note! If you make more than 5 false notes, the round will be lost."

I suppose it was a "bug" that keysmashing worked for a day in the first place.

I'm just not even gonna bother anymore. I'll try with the alchemy because I like some of the outfit pieces, but that's all.

Last edited by Laërtim (06/20/2019 at 14:29)

#160 06/20/2019 at 14:31

Obsidian Guard
woonbutterfly
Sidekick of the Sylphs
woonbutterfly

Basically, what the company is trying to tell us casual gamers

https://64.media.tumblr.com/9c175124b4a7ebb01d39670713ce7d55/4e125c7c1ff67f53-2f/s540x810/f1656c3e6a2c0aabd1a8f775c8b8c974f8885ac3.jpg

#161 06/20/2019 at 14:51

Shadow Guard
Undifferent
Guard in Training
Undifferent

Seriously? I just... can't understand this company's decisions at all. The first day's given me enough practice that I can complete the mini game without keyboard mashing, it's just a lot more stressful now. But I'm a person with pretty good hand-eye coordination as well as tons of experience with different rhythm games. I can't imagine how hellish this is for other people.
There really shouldn't be exclusive items that only players with certain abilities can access. Like, this is a visual novel and dress-up game. Playing Eldarya should be relaxing and fun.

OwO what's this?...

#162 06/20/2019 at 15:15

Shadow Guard
Raine
Rookie
Raine

Maoyui wrote

Raine wrote

We might as well accept it, Beemoov doesn't care about us anymore. They haven't in years. We might as well give up on their events and stick to just regular game playing. We don't NEED the outfits from the events. We just want them because we feel like we're achieving something, but we should remind ourselves that these clothes and companions aren't necessary to play the game, they're only pleasing to the eye and bring a false sense of accomplishment. As for pictures, you can always just view them somewhere on the internet. They don't HAVE to be on your account because they don't benefit you in any way, it just feels nice to have them. Badmoov is just preying on people's instinctual need to win or have something that's difficult to obtain.

LET'S BOYCOTT EVENTS AND PROVE WE DON'T NEED THEIR CRAPPY OUTFITS AND WE'RE ONLY HERE FOR THE STORY! Just an idea.

Everything you're saying is very true, but I feel like at least a good half of the players here don't care about the Story in the slightest. They just like the outfits and the Events are pretty much the only reason why they play this game so they can get more outfits and Companions. (I mean, if you remember the outrage after they changed the Market, it says a lot about how far a lot of long time players are in the Story).

And I mean, by your own logic, we don't need the Story either, we can look it up and know everything that happens and see those Illustrations as well online or via guides.

I just find it would be rather unrealistic to expect most to boycott Events in favor of the Story. Besides, we hardly even need to boycott, the thing is literally unplayable as it is. Beemoov won't care as it is, though, as long as there's someone out there throwing money at the game, they'll keep making it worse and worse~

I mean the event images, not the ones in the story. But I was mostly joking because it’s not like they’d even care, and like you said it’s already unplayable so boycotting is hardly going to be different from everyone already giving up. Sadly the only thing Badmoov will react to is if something is convenient to us or makes things easy. Things don’t have to be completely free and obtained without effort, but for God’s sake it can at least be fair.

For an awesome band and comic check out September Mourning! New graphic novel now available!

https://i.ibb.co/9WsjCmg/September-mourning.jpg

#163 06/20/2019 at 15:31

Absynthe Guard
BlackPaperMoon
Rookie
BlackPaperMoon

Undifferent wrote

There really shouldn't be exclusive items that only players with certain abilities can access. Like, this is a visual novel and dress-up game. Playing Eldarya should be relaxing and fun.

Totally agree.
The minigames weren't easy for last few events, but I always managed to master them for the second day, doing them without (or with low amount) of mistakes. This is tho, I can't get past the 22nd note, I don't even know how am I supposed to place my hands, cause my fingers are too close to eachother. I have small hands, what about the people who have bigger hands? I can't even imagine.

#164 06/20/2019 at 15:33

Shadow Guard
TeodoraCV
Rookie
TeodoraCV

Raine wrote

Ok, it's been a couple decades since I played piano, but this is nothing like playing piano. You can't put notes in such close proximity to each other and expect the brain to register immediately which buttons to press at nearly the same time when there's six of them and you only have 5 fingers. Which, by the way, can't even be placed in any practical position to play efficiently. How ignorant do you have to be to work at this company? Cause I have a feeling if your IQ isn't in the mid to lower double digits then you're considered over qualified.

this! ^

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiwMFfFR165UNHWlltQQz3-n-3mHOfcLTE17AB3uCXcF8ZeraV24RQLsThKM-GFJS6lp7BxII7wbuITF1pI72zd8nCHvBXadsYUoTbu2Wd7mJySfS7JgXHLx5BHDaZg2xfs8tUAS3d2ROaLvP2FVuB8ki5w7-rcfevM1j_6Bf3vTImndUhFUmwIZjZd-28/s600/Untitled-1.png

#165 06/20/2019 at 15:38

Shadow Guard
Scotti
Unicorn Sidekick
Scotti

The piano mini game is absurd. I cant do it at all because the amount of mistakes is so low and i cant coordinate the number keys in my head. after the part where start increasing by one each time my brain cannot seem to translate the number 3 and i lose every time. so i get nowhere in the event.

#166 06/20/2019 at 16:40

Shadow Guard
Alla
Lieutenant of the Guard
Alla

Scotti wrote

The piano mini game is absurd. I cant do it at all because the amount of mistakes is so low and i cant coordinate the number keys in my head. after the part where start increasing by one each time my brain cannot seem to translate the number 3 and i lose every time. so i get nowhere in the event.

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2277/2277285v21ql654tr.gif

✵That’s right, that mini-game just isn’t going right.
It’s a total mess, this event is a total mess because it is based on alchemy again. It’s boring and takes a lot of maana to buy things and the mini-game is a total waste. Sorry, Beemoov, but this is the worst event that I have ever take part of.
Where are the fun mini-games from the last years?
And the outfit from alchemy doesn’t look okay (for me at least) at all,
I only like the one from the bank... At least we have the last outfits from the
past events on the market so I can at least buy something nice.✵

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2277/2277286g9pevtyae5.gif

https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2021/07/04/210704094120355423.gif

#167 06/20/2019 at 16:56

Recruit
Abaddon

@Raine if you only play the game for the dress up aspect this feels kind of like a little kick in the gut... Not a full one because the real pain would be actually caring about this game enough to feel hurt. I tried to like the story, but it's just not that good really. Maybe it's not for me, I don't know.
Not only is beemoov greedy, the quality of stuff that's released is slowly going down (or alternatively: is questionable). As someone who plays mostly to dress up my characters, I need new outfits. I'm not going to use something that looks like garbage, or something I can't even get because it's either too expensive or just impossible to get without paying. Like, the list of reasons to play keeps shrinking.
But like you said, we don't even NEED any of this. Which is exactly why they can make it as expensive as they want.
But also why would they..? If it's aesthetic only why bother with making it as hard/expensive to get as humanly possible??

he/him

#168 06/20/2019 at 17:17

Obsidian Guard
Bulla31
Just Arrived
Bulla31

How do I access the game on the app it's not popping up I uninstalled and reinstalled but it didnt pop up  I feel cheated
/static/img/forum/smilies/mad.png

#169 06/20/2019 at 17:19

Obsidian Guard
DiamondDust
Guard Patrol
DiamondDust

Bulla31 wrote

How do I access the game on the app it's not popping up I uninstalled and reinstalled but it didnt pop up  I feel cheated
/static/img/forum/smilies/mad.png
it's not available for the app

https://i.imgur.com/Z56g1QF.png
Tifa forever ❤️ Aerith never

#170 06/20/2019 at 17:23

Obsidian Guard
Kirstynn
Just Arrived
Kirstynn

Didn't win one round of the minigame yesterday. Got 1/5 today. It's too hard, should be a clicker game or something else

#171 06/20/2019 at 17:29

Absynthe Guard
Srybaan
Young Recruit
Srybaan

Y'know... it's bad when the mini-game is only playable with the help of a 'bug'.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xiOCnkyOBWs0UrzoZ3/giphy.gif

https://static.tumblr.com/77bd3822ff3364f76d6be2f226a3ed32/iw1bxtx/IsGnpgpuu/tumblr_static_4n689ueu8o4k4ko0k4kgwccgg.gif

#172 06/20/2019 at 17:30

Shadow Guard
Tsubi
Young Recruit
Tsubi

As a game designer, these minigames hurt my heart. Like This on in particular is really bad. Without playing it a bunch of times you have no idea how to get to the end, there's no feedback for how bad you can be before losing the game, there's too many notes for how many notes you can miss (you miss 5% of the notes you lose the game).
I'm pretty sure most rhythm games are more forgiving and have a recovering scale so that if you have a streak it gives you more bad notes.

The music is nice but gets repetitive the second play through. For next time I would recommend maybe options of different songs that are a lot shorter, a to completion bar, and at least a counter to show haw close you are to losing.

As it is I've just given up on it, which is sad for me since I actually thought the outfit was really cute.

#173 06/20/2019 at 17:42

Obsidian Guard
Ysleth
Rookie
Ysleth

I really hate the alchemy game and I am totally disappointed that you decided to use it again for the event and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one to feel this way..
uff.. another event to avoid and not for my choice.

#174 06/20/2019 at 18:21

Shadow Guard
Zanillia
Recruit
Zanillia

Alright, so, what I'm gathering is:

- There is no forgiveness in the minigame. You lose, you don't get any points. That seems a little unfair to me, in my opinion... can't there be a scale, like in the regular minigames on this site? No, you have to complete the entire thing to get the points... It seems a bit ridiculous, but that might just be me complaining.

- I'm sorry, but.. what is the outfit? The hair is really cute, so I'll still probably try to get as many colors as I can of it without spending any actual, real life money, but everything else is just.. meh. It has the vibe of, "Oh! I don't know what to wear, so I'm going to wrap myself in some music sheets and call it haute couture." Okay, Jen.

- Alchemy game sucks. I think everyone on this site can agree on that, from what I've seen. No hot tea there. Stop doing alchemy events and wasting our resources.

- Literally the only way I won two (TWO) rounds I've played of the minigame, out of ten I've played so far, was because of a glitch yesterday.. ok.

Beemoov.. really just doesn't care anymore, do they? All they do is milk everyone for cash, and it's really sad to see. The event over on MCL is much worse, granted... but this one here on Eldarya still doesn't fly. I'm just going to aim for getting those hair colors and nothing else. Sad, sad, sad. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has been really displeased. <:'(

#175 06/20/2019 at 18:44

Shadow Guard
Maoyui
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Maoyui

BlackPaperMoon wrote

Undifferent wrote

Totally agree.
The minigames weren't easy for last few events, but I always managed to master them for the second day, doing them without (or with low amount) of mistakes. This is tho, I can't get past the 22nd note, I don't even know how am I supposed to place my hands, cause my fingers are too close to eachother. I have small hands, what about the people who have bigger hands? I can't even imagine.

I for one can barely even place my hands properly because some of my nails are literally too long, I physically have to resort to using my pinkies to press some of the keys because of this. And I know this is a "me" problem and not everyone has long nails but I'm really not about to just chop them off for the sake of a floating keyboard that I don't even really want,

https://i.imgur.com/RlZjrzW.jpg

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16