Recruit
SecretHere

I want Ezarel back!

#127 07/28/2020 at 12:10

Absynthe Guard
Vaihanai
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Vaihanai

I don't understand, why don't they make just the new era go by the new maana system? The current one is designed to go by movement, so it is a real ripoff to continue it paying by dialogue. It is a problem I found in MCL too, I wanted to continue the high school story but I just couldn't because of the new maana system, I would spend days on the same dialogue.

Honestly, every player has hated the idea to bits, we feared it even before it was a thing, and y'all did it anyways... Way to care for the players...

Whatever, I don't even know what holds me here these days tbh. I like the new clothing designs and so but that's just like stabbing someone and giving them a bandaid...

This game changes bring more disappointment than anything, it makes me not want to play anymore...

EDIT: As y'all have said they still make huge benefits with the change. If we all go, others will come. They already know how many of us spend money on the game. They are willing to sacrifice it to get new potential players which spend from the start, as they'll make a lot more money with new players starting fresh when they pay for 30 episodes than for those that are up to date and only buy new ones. So yeah, they don't care about us, what's new, we'd better just leave if we don't like it because it's not gonna change

Last edited by Vaihanai (07/28/2020 at 12:21)

https://i.imgur.com/KIMI9l3.jpg

#128 07/28/2020 at 12:45

Absynthe Guard
Pandoraa
Rookie
Pandoraa

Vaihanai wrote

Way to care for the players...

Oh, they don't care one bit about their players, especially if you don't pay for their overpriced games.

What really angers me is that they're trying to make it seem like they're doing us a favor by changing the Maana system when we know they're just trying to get us to pay more. The cost of episodes on MCL tripled. It's pretty much imposible to be up to date with the game without paying. And even then, a full episode costs about 20$, which is ludicrous given the quality of said episodes, and the time spent playing them.

People wouldn't be half as mad as they are now if they had tried being honest with their players. No one would blame a company for trying to make more money, especially if said company is loved and struggling. I bet many players would have been willing to pitch in to help Beemoov, either through patreon or just by watching short adds once a day. Yet, Beemoov chose to be dishonest, and became money-hungry along the way. They lost the trust and respect of players who grew up with, and had fond memories of their games, and that's just plain sad.

I don't know why I'm staying either... maybe out of pure schadenfreude, seeing players rip them apart is quite fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#129 07/28/2020 at 14:44

Absynthe Guard
Lynne
Just Arrived
Lynne

Vaihanai wrote

Seeing players rip them apart is quite fun.

Ngl that's why I keep checking in here.

Last edited by Lynne (07/28/2020 at 14:44)

https://data.whicdn.com/images/254340761/original.gif

#130 07/28/2020 at 15:51

Absynthe Guard
Pandoraa
Rookie
Pandoraa

Lynne wrote

The thing is, Beemoov probably doesn't bother to read feedback as they're laughing all the way to the bank. So while it is fun, it's still frustrating to be talking to a literal brick wall.

They just don't care, and they don't even pretend to anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#131 07/28/2020 at 16:10

Absynthe Guard
Lynne
Just Arrived
Lynne

Pandoraa wrote

Lynne wrote

The thing is, Beemoov probably doesn't bother to read feedback as they're laughing all the way to the bank. So while it is fun, it's still frustrating to be talking to a literal brick wall.

They just don't care, and they don't even pretend to anymore.

That's a fact. I'm not even going to say hopeful stuff like, they'll probably read this to see what small tweaks they can make or so. Truth is they don't and idk when they will so for now, I'm just sitting back and laughing at Peemoovs blatant behaviour.

https://data.whicdn.com/images/254340761/original.gif

#132 07/28/2020 at 16:10

Shadow Guard
Maoyui
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Maoyui

Vaihanai wrote

I don't understand, why don't they make just the new era go by the new maana system? The current one is designed to go by movement, so it is a real ripoff to continue it paying by dialogue. It is a problem I found in MCL too, I wanted to continue the high school story but I just couldn't because of the new maana system, I would spend days on the same dialogue.

This is why I am trying to get through as many episodes as I can before the system changes. The dialogue in this game is ridiculous and they expect us to pay for it with only our daily income, which going by UL, is very likely to be dropped. Back when MCL had that stupid limit, getting like 5 or 10 daily clicks just to get through one paragraph was appalling. It's going to be downright outrageous once it's over here.

It's like Beemoov is physically incapable of comprehending that the original games were not designed with paying for sentences in mind.

Or the more likely, they know and just don't care how hard things are for the players still on Part 1 because as far as they're concerned, Part 1 is dead and no longer worth making it easy to play.

https://i.imgur.com/RlZjrzW.jpg

#133 07/28/2020 at 19:13

Absynthe Guard
Angxl
Recruit
Angxl

Shintarou wrote

@lyric, I wish I looked my avatar on here. Always wanted to be Frankenstein.
I also can say I am an 100% percent the lookalike for the main in Moonlight Lovers. I feel v included.

I agree with you on being able to customize the skin color, but I found many things you said really funny and exaggerated.
Let's remember this is Beemoov and they never did anything we wanted them to do.

Nothing that was said was funny nor exagerated. You may not understand how exlcusive it feels to have every character you play as not look anything like you if you have fair skin because that is the default.

Of course no one would look exactly like the character/avatar, but for only one skintone to be represented when many poc with darker skin play the game is not okay. It shouldn't be acceptable to only represent one race.

I'm glad you agree that there should be customizations, but white being the default is an actual issue and I'd appreciate if you didn't joke about or belittle people's feelings towards it because it isn't funny to feel excluded.

Also, Beemoov introduced different skintones in MCL UL so it isn't a far-fetched thing to ask for.

Last edited by Angxl (07/28/2020 at 19:20)

#134 07/28/2020 at 20:52

Shadow Guard
Lullaby
Rookie
Lullaby

While there are some good changes here, I'm really not okay with some of the decisions being made here. I feel like beemoov hasn't learned from past mistakes and honestly? I feel like they just don't understand their audience.

Nobody plays this game for the disjointed, messy story. If people play the episodes, it's for the romance. Period. That's the point of a romance game, for god's sake. Taking away romance options is honestly the worst idea they could have. It's like they didn't learn from MCL. I literally ended up quitting MCL because my crush in the game wasn't included into the University Life. But you know what? At least with MCL, if you just end it at high school and pretend University Life doesn't exist, it's still a decently satisfying ending. The ending here is not. There's no happy ending for you and your love interest. They're just removed from the game. You can no longer romance them. How is that fair to all the players who invested time, effort, and, in some cases, money?

Why don't these players matter? Why don't the characters they love matter? Why have they had their satisfying conclusion stripped away? I'm sorry, but just like with MCL, if my chosen love interest wasn't an option for the new season, I would have no interest in going to continue. There would be no point for me. It's like all the emotion, time, and effort I expended on the character I actually care about was for nothing.

I don't think it's too late to fix this. They can add Valkyon and Ezarel back into the narrative. If they've already written a few episodes, they can reintroduce them a few episodes in. I don't think people would have a problem with that. But as it is now, this is just stupid and ridiculous. And I'm saying this as someone who romanced Leiftan, so it's not like I'll be missing out, but I feel bad for the players who will.

Also, it's 2020, beemoov, your exclusivity ain't cute. You can expend the bare minimum of extra effort by including a few differing skin tones and hair colors. Come on.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/96564235e4d3641ea599c6bb6010db8d/tumblr_ojhuvnAG5j1s2kojso1_540.png

#135 07/29/2020 at 17:06

Absynthe Guard
halowars50
Just Arrived
halowars50

Great! After being extremely disappointed with the new MCL mana system and change of characters, I moved here. And now what? They implement the EXACT same system! Did they even learn or listen to the players in MCL? This is not a system we want. I can't believe how they're doing the exact same things they did to MCL. It was the worst thing they could've done and after seemingly learning nothing, they bring it over here.

So excited to not play after this dreaded update and abandon this game just like I did with MCL.
Oh, also super excited to rush through episodes now too, since everything's going down the drain soon.

Thanks for the continual disappointment and thwarting of a functional system into a monumental heap of boiling trash, beemoov.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/d5dac496d7c705a356b81f25b71d47f3/tumblr_oknd11tucl1rmsj75o7_400.gif

#136 07/30/2020 at 02:48

Obsidian Guard
lisendranae
Young Recruit
lisendranae

To be honest, I HATE the new desings for Leiftan and Nevra already..
Leiftan looks like he is fake smiling and his and Nevras style..isn't just them /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png Their clothes look more like what Ezarel would wear.

♡٩(^▿^)۶♡ Spread love ♡٩(^▿^)۶♡

#137 07/30/2020 at 07:28

Shadow Guard
Weird0
Just Arrived
Weird0

Yeah. I don't think I will continue to play if they remove Ezarel. Leiftan and Nevra look a bit weird and I don't think the new guys can replace Ezarel either.

The funny part is when I heard about this New Era, I thought there was no way they would remove any of the current love interests seeing how MCL players reacted when it happened there. How naive of me

Last edited by Weird0 (07/30/2020 at 07:40)

#138 07/30/2020 at 10:44

Obsidian Guard
Forte
Moderoija
Forte

That maana system is never going to work. Just like in MLC, players were angry, because EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE ate AP. Like every monologue, every silly "What should I do, where should I go?"- talk inside of Candy's head. I can understand that the conversations cost, but just monologue?

Second; why they want to annoy fans? Why keep some of the guys but not the others? Make your mind! Keep all or make all new. For example, why we don't have a whole new story, new era? First version, Elda needed to save Eldarya. Next chapter could be like her child or something. Or a whole new character. Personally, I would like to choose my gender also.

I'm grim, full of gloom in my dim gothic tomb.

#139 07/30/2020 at 19:50

Shadow Guard
Mochim
Young Recruit
Mochim

Yeah, even though I won't be playing New Era, I highly doubt that the new maana system will work out well. The system in MCL is similar, and it takes me months to just finish one episode because of the AP system.

sig made by @Vince ;-;
https://i.imgur.com/SZsUGZb.gif https://i.imgur.com/E8rfOFY.png https://i.imgur.com/huxSBD3.gif https://i.imgur.com/hcwaqov.png https://i.imgur.com/it9LENQ.gif

#140 07/30/2020 at 21:15

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Mochim wrote

Yeah, even though I won't be playing New Era, I highly doubt that the new maana system will work out well. The system in MCL is similar, and it takes me months to just finish one episode because of the AP system.

I think the point is to make it more extremely frustrating to try to make progress for free. They want to make progression harder for free to lure a larger demographic into paying to progress.

players: "it takes a month or longer to finish an episode for free!" >: (
beemoov: "Now, it takes a month or longer for F2Ps to finish an episode!" /static/img/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#141 07/31/2020 at 17:16

Shadow Guard
QueenSophie
Just Arrived
QueenSophie

Hi there!
I am really curious about the New Era and the outfits are incredible. I have a complex opinion about the new system and the boys, but I focus on my question instead.
I am a newbie, so that I haven't got the Market. Will I be able to unlock it during the New Era? Because I don't want to waste my collected maana in The Origins to reach the 6th episode while I want to play wwith The New Era.
By the way, I can't wait the new adventures and I am thankful because of Leiftan's return.

#142 07/31/2020 at 17:29

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

QueenSophie wrote

Hi there!
I am really curious about the New Era and the outfits are incredible. I have a complex opinion about the new system and the boys, but I focus on my question instead.
I am a newbie, so that I haven't got the Market. Will I be able to unlock it during the New Era? Because I don't want to waste my collected maana in The Origins to reach the 6th episode while I want to play wwith The New Era.
By the way, I can't wait the new adventures and I am thankful because of Leiftan's return.

That's a good question that no one has mentioned yet. So we don't have an answer. I just want to highlight it so that maybe it'll get seen.

Or maybe there's players here who frequent the french server where maybe this question has already been asked and maybe answered?

#143 07/31/2020 at 18:24

Shadow Guard
QueenSophie
Just Arrived
QueenSophie

brokenendings wrote

QueenSophie wrote

Hi there!

That's a good question that no one has mentioned yet. So we don't have an answer. I just want to highlight it so that maybe it'll get seen.

Or maybe there's players here who frequent the french server where maybe this question has already been asked and maybe answered?

I hope they make it avaible in both eras, but if don't, then I will have more maana to the episodes. /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png
Unfortunately I can't speak French, but you are right, maybe there's an answer to my question.

#144 07/31/2020 at 18:50

Shadow Guard
RegineA
Unicorn Sidekick
RegineA

I've just realised something. Ez is boy in the icon for the Eldarya app. If he is the 'Pikachu' of the game (Chino's infamous word in reference to Castiel, when she was cornered about MCL's culling of the boys), why are they so eager to get rid of him? Surely it's not a case of them blaming his image for lack of app downloads?

Edit: after looking at the most recent posts on this thread, I feel a bit stupid for even asking. There's a lot of valid points that have been raised about the downright confusion over business decisions. I forgot that Beemov rarely makes decisions that make any sort of sense. I wouldn't be surprised if they only accepted Bitcoin and changed all of the dialogue fonts to Wingdings in the future  /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png

Last edited by RegineA (07/31/2020 at 18:56)

#145 07/31/2020 at 20:46

Shadow Guard
HeartKiller
Soldier of the Guard
HeartKiller

QueenSophie wrote

brokenendings wrote

QueenSophie wrote

Hi there!

I hope they make it avaible in both eras, but if don't, then I will have more maana to the episodes. /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png
Unfortunately I can't speak French, but you are right, maybe there's an answer to my question.

Sounds more like a question to ask directly to support beemoov since the restriction exist to control "maana farming" on game. I actually don't have idea how was the impact of this measure since 2018 because I don't lurk in facebook groups anymore, but I'm guessing the black market still exist somehow /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png still think the restriction was a bit lazy and is just affecting people who don't rely on this practices.

Maybe we would know more when the game is released since we don't know how the change of AP system would affect the cost of the episodes, and since Beemoov is actively trying to control and restrict the market to force players to bought maana from the bank...

IF YOU'RE NOT AFFECTED, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION
https://i.imgur.com/sa5Ek18.gif

#146 07/31/2020 at 21:13

The Answer to Everything
Kaitlynne

HeartKiller wrote

Sounds more like a question to ask directly to support beemoov since the restriction exist to control "maana farming" on game. I actually don't have idea how was the impact of this measure since 2018 because I don't lurk in facebook groups anymore, but I'm guessing the black market still exist somehow /static/img/forum/smilies/hmm.png still think the restriction was a bit lazy and is just affecting people who don't rely on this practices.

Maybe we would know more when the game is released since we don't know how the change of AP system would affect the cost of the episodes, and since Beemoov is actively trying to control and restrict the market to force players to bought maana from the bank...

What do you mean by "black market"? Sorry I've only been in this game for a year and I'm foreign to some of the older concepts of the game.

https://i.imgur.com/SoMdnxn.pnghttps://media.tenor.com/images/651d0b7cdd4a5ced4e4c89435efba718/tenor.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/SoMdnxn.png

#147 07/31/2020 at 22:02

Shadow Guard
brokenendings
Just Arrived
brokenendings

Kaitlynne wrote

What do you mean by "black market"? Sorry I've only been in this game for a year and I'm foreign to some of the older concepts of the game.

I'll PM you about it so we don't get off topic

#148 08/01/2020 at 02:41

Obsidian Guard
evilRevan
Young Recruit
evilRevan

Well... that's great. Valkyon is gone in the New Era. Once again I am kicked to the side.... I was with lysander and now once again, I am booted out of another boy I reallly loved. Thanks Beemoov.

You don't know your audience at all.

#149 08/01/2020 at 14:14

Just Arrived
Nezú

To be honest, I was looking forward to A New Era but seeing that they removed two love interests makes me dislike it already. Sure, we get one or two new love interest(s) but it breaks my heart that we probably won't see Ezarel or Valkyon in New Era.

#150 08/01/2020 at 18:30

Obsidian Guard
Yam
Soldier of the Guard
Yam

Good Lord!
These changes were just bad!

1. Removing love interests
Even though I'm on Leiftan's route, I really think Beemoov shouldn't abandon the other two routes! That's so unfair & selfish. Some players invested in their routes for more than 4 years!
Is it hard to add 1 or 2 new routes in the game without removing the current ones? It shouldn't be that complicated, seeing most of the dialogues were repetitive.

2. Maana per dialogue
A DISASTROUS MOVE. I knew fully well that the cost will be too high per episode (based on MCL's experience - you won't get far). There are a lot of words like "Next.." in the episode, playing as other characters' point of view conversations & the most ridiculously long + annoying dialogues - our own monologues.
Prepare to be frustrated & outraged.

3. Not-so-good new artworks
My poor Purreru & Leiftan.. sigh~  What happened to your new sprites?!
I'm not thrilled with the new designs. & Jamon too, he looks weird.. Please reconsider the designs back T_T

I'm really really worried about the maana per dialogue change. With the forced-to-pay deposits in our Market, I'm not sure how to advance the episode with little earnings.

https://i.postimg.cc/Dw49jKrk/solidarity.png

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11